EGNT Newcastle feedback

Hi,

Although its a well overdue nice eye-candy upgrade of the previous payware version I've been using for years, I've found the AFCAD to be a bit sloppy and spoils a bit of immersion. There's places where the AI are taxiing about 10m from the scenery center line on taxiway A due to a straight line cut instead of a curved corner. Another intersection with taxiway B has an acute angle turn for traffic from Gates 1-5 instead of a curve. 

I would have expected you to have utilized and activated Gate 30 instead of Gate 9 as this is the parking for the Emirates 777 which is mostly the only thing that uses this corner. I know I can just park there, but the SODE jetway static position is almost touching the side of a 777 when parking in 30, not to mention if I just park there there's nothing to stop AI spawning or parking at Gate 9 half inside me . In addition to this I would have thought there would be gate assignments for EGNT as its not that big and not a huge number of airlines. I landed in the 777 and found Dash-8 Air-hop sitting in the EK gate 9 etc.

Gate Parking 25 radius should be at least 30.5m to accommodate a 787 on the Apron instead of it going to cargo positions on the south apron G.

Me being extra picky as well, the double white line at the entrance the 9/30 are messed up and overlapped.

But... Performance is great, textures and models are excellent and the ground work integration extending out in to my EU England is very good.

thanks for listening. 

Andy.

EGNT.JPG

• Upvote 1

Sorry I couldn't edit my previous..

Both extended taxiways missing from RW25 and 1 from taxiway C.

Meandering parallel taxi line at end of D 

Hold short painted onto grass.

Light pole crash protector in middle of apron.

Example of the departing AI

Random mini roundabout arrow on apron.

Different length centreline.

Not really what I expected from the released product. Hopefully these can be fixed. I'd happily supply gate assignments also for the major airlines also if needed.

Thanks.

EGNT2.JPG

EGNT4.JPG

EGNT5.JPG

EGNT6.JPG

EGNT3.JPG

EGNT7.JPG

EGNT8.JPG

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2020 at 12:03 AM, Andy Dunn said:

Random mini roundabout arrow on apron.

I remember, when I was young, (a while back) just before the 6 o'clock news a wonderful thing on TV (yes, we did have it in those days!) called the Magic Roundabout - anyone else remember that :)

Just reminded me of days gone past.

Real reason for posting is to be Nosey. Andy, I get the feel that this airport is of particular importance. Your local one?

All the best,

John

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2020 at 6:07 AM, Andy Dunn said:

I would have expected you to have utilized and activated Gate 30 instead of Gate 9 as this is the parking for the Emirates 777 which is mostly the only thing that uses this corner. I know I can just park there, but the SODE jetway static position is almost touching the side of a 777 when parking in 30, not to mention if I just park there there's nothing to stop AI spawning or parking at Gate 9 half inside me .

I know this post is old, but any chance this could be an option for EGNT? Having bay 30 instead of 9 for the 777 and the jetway properly aligning to the door? Also the VDGS set for bay 30. Thanks

16 minutes ago, anthony99 said:

I know this post is old, but any chance this could be an option for EGNT? Having bay 30 instead of 9 for the 777 and the jetway properly aligning to the door? Also the VDGS set for bay 30. Thanks

Nothing was ever corrected in any of the issues I originally pointed out. I ended up fixing the afcad myself but nothing I could do about the rest of the scenery mistakes.