Stutters, True Earth Northern California

Flightbeam KSFO and TE NCAL is going to hurt most systems. I benchmarked my system the other day and the results on everything was UFO and I still get some stuttering in some places. I have always said that the guru's who test and benchmark new hardware should try one of the 64bit flight simulators and the addons, that will then give the Peeps out there some real answers. We are all in the same boat and personally I think mine is sinking some days.:blink:

5 hours ago, appie said:

Flightbeam KSFO and TE NCAL is going to hurt most systems. I benchmarked my system the other day and the results on everything was UFO and I still get some stuttering in some places. I have always said that the guru's who test and benchmark new hardware should try one of the 64bit flight simulators and the addons, that will then give the Peeps out there some real answers. We are all in the same boat and personally I think mine is sinking some days.:blink:

I have a solid 60 FPS in the PMDG QOTSII at Flightbeam’s KSFO. When I start my takeoff roll all is smooth. Just as I rotate, I start getting delayed stutters, more of what I would describe as “Microfreezes.” This goes on for a good 20-30 seconds then smooths out. As I continue to fly around, the micro freezes come and go. This is both with Global Vector installed and uninstalled. 

10 hours ago, davidzill said:

I have a solid 60 FPS in the PMDG QOTSII at Flightbeam’s KSFO. When I start my takeoff roll all is smooth. Just as I rotate, I start getting delayed stutters, more of what I would describe as “Microfreezes.” This goes on for a good 20-30 seconds then smooths out. As I continue to fly around, the micro freezes come and go. This is both with Global Vector installed and uninstalled. 

Same here once I leave the Norcal area the stutters are gone. Even down near KMRY there are still stutters but I haven't tried KSFO yet.

Same issue here. Not getting it with other TE areas. This is since HF2 installation. I've let P3d rebuild the Prepar3d.cfg and deleted the shaders folder.

Having done a bit of testing, it seems that turning off autogen makes the problem go away.

I also get this severe stuttering after taking off in a few places and it normally lasts 10- 15 sceonds, then everything is good again, but I have not tried switching Autogen off. By switching off Autogen though will effect the scenery somehow ?

Yeah it's taxiing on my system too.  I occasionally fly out of Half Moon Bay and when I do I get micro-stutters out the wazoo!  That's with TE North.  I will turn off autogen as well and see if it makes a difference.

I tested a bit further and seems it wasn’t autogen but scenery complexity......if I turn that down to the lowest setting it’s smooth, even with autogen on the very dense setting for buildings and trees. 

It was all fine before HF 2 was applied.

I only did a client update for HF2.....maybe that is the issue?

On 6/30/2020 at 11:10 PM, peregrine said:

I tested a bit further and seems it wasn’t autogen but scenery complexity......if I turn that down to the lowest setting it’s smooth, even with autogen on the very dense setting for buildings and trees. 

It was all fine before HF 2 was applied.

I only did a client update for HF2.....maybe that is the issue?

I’m a fresh install for HF2 so probably not. It’s going to need an update for performance optimizations. This for me has been exclusive to TE NorCal. 

Hello,

it's a universal problem that has been with us for years.

It is my belief that some of the stuttering is caused by things loading

in the distance, both scenery objects and autogen.

At present, P3D v4 and v5 have fade in autogen, something that was in FS9 and then was

undone, but only at the Medium setting and I would recommend that one to all users.

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

At present, P3D v4 and v5 have fade in autogen, something that was in FS9 and then was

undone, but only at the Medium setting and I would recommend that one to all users.

Thank you sir 

21 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Could it be the version of Win 10

P3Dv5 certainly prefers Win 10 v 2004

xxd09

I believe you may be right, however 2004 has not yet been pushed to my machine.

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hello Nick

Thank you for your response.

I run P3D on very modest settings (medium) and having done a bit more testing of my settings, it appears that the issue only arises when I drop the scenery complexity down to sparse - anything above that causes the stutters.

My draw distance is medium, and autogen trees and buildings are set to normal. I don't use reflections, dynamics lighting, and my LOD radius is medium. I do not run at 4k, and my textures are at 1024.

As I move the scenery complexity slider to the right to test then the issue becomes more pronounced.

It's odd, because, even with higher settings than this I mention here, it was running fine when I first installed it under HF1. I've done a full re-install of P3D for HF2, and I'm running Windows 10 2004. It's also odd because on a previous test a week or two ago it seemed to be autogen, rather than scenery complexity that was causing the issue.

I hope this information is useful, and it would be great if I can get this scenery back to where it was when I first purchased it and was using it under HF1. It's not really usable at the moment for me.

Many Thanks

• 5 months later...

I finally in despair at my advanced expensive  pc with win 10 not accepting Win 2004 update wiped everything clean reformatted and reinstalled P3Dv5 

Problem solved

Now on P3Dv5.1hf1 with Nicks update path

Still good

xxd09

6 hours ago, xxd09 said:

I finally in despair at my advanced expensive  pc with win 10 not accepting Win 2004 update wiped everything clean reformatted and reinstalled P3Dv5 

Problem solved

Now on P3Dv5.1hf1 with Nicks update path

Still good

xxd09

I did the same, problem still exist for for. Spent 48 hours reinstalling everything. What is Nick’s update path?

Sorry to hear that -sounds like a problem out with P3Dv5

The update path I was referring to can be found in P3Dv5 forums

Entitled “Installing a P3Dv5 Hotfix correctly “ by Nick posted on May1st

Not sure it’s relevant because it needs a installed P3Dv5 setup

I must confess my computer shop did the wiping and reformatting -beyond my abilities 

Hope you get it sorted

xxd09

• 1 month later...
  • Nick Cooper changed the title to Stutters, True Earth Northern California
  • 1 month later...

So I am happy to report this has been resolved. Apparently this is a well documented issue discussed in the LM P3D forums. Its a native P3D issue and basically causes erratic and high CPU/GPU usage resulting in the stuttering. The fix? Right click the P3D desktop icon, click Compatibility, and check the box 'Disable fullscreen optimizations.' I conducted a test flight from Orbx's KSAN to FlightBeam's KSFO, flying over both TrueEarth Southern and Northern California. There was no noticeable stuttering like before...buttery smooth the whole way. There was some small stuttering approaching San Francisco, due to the scenery loading, however this is normal, nothing like before. 

I recommend Orbx developers list this in the trouble shooting true earth issues. 

Archived