Välkommen! Introducing ESMS Malmö Airport for P3Dv4+

5wQ4Si1.jpg

I am absolutely delighted to introduce ESMS Malmö Airport for P3Dv4 & v5 from acclaimed developer Marcus Nyberg. Hot on the heels of his highly popular Gothenburg and Scandinavian Mountains Airport projects, Malmö has been carefully kept under wraps for the past three months, and is the next destination in Marcus' Swedish airport series. Combining many of his signature design techniques such as incredible texture work, attention to detail, and beautiful hand-coloured seasonal variants, Malmö Airport represents the very best of what P3Dv4 & v5 technology has to offer. 

Serving as Sweden's fourth-busiest airport, Malmö welcomes passengers from across Scandinavia, as well as further afield across central and southern Europe. Many will know the airport by it's popular previous name - Malmö Sturup Airport - which although officially discontinued in 2007, is still what it is colloquially known by. Whilst most at-home with narrowbody (737/A320/E-Jet) and regional aircraft (BAe146/CRJ/F-50/ATR-72) types, Malmö also sees the occasional 747 or An-124. During non-COVID times, the airport is host to SAS, Braathens, Norwegian, Ryanair, Wizzair and more, whilst as a major cargo hub, is a port of call for UPS, Amapola and others. 

One of the most unique features of the airport is the second runway and adjacent aero clubs - almost a separate GA airfield of sorts. The Sturup Aero Club is situated amongst the maintenance hangars, as well as several flight schools. Standing alone on the south side of the secondary runway, the Aero Club in Malmö and South Sweden Flight Academy provide additional facilities for the GA flyer looking to explore the area. Malmö is also a major Fokker 50 maintenance base for Amapola Flyg, as well as a graveyard/storage facility for the West Air BAe ATP fleet - both of which have been faithfully depicted in this scenery. 

As to be expected from Marcus, no detail has been spared with the creation of Malmö. Beautiful PBR texturing has been used on key infrastructure items, whilst mixed-materials textures have been used elsewhere, ensuring the perfect balance between detail and performance. Complete seasonal variations, weather-controlled ground features, interior modelling, and special attention to landside details abound. The approaches have been faithfully reproduced with blended orthoimagery and hand-placed autogen, whilst the night lighting uses the best of both dynamic and rendered (baked) lighting to again get the best out of the simulator. Animated SODE jetways, a custom GSX profile, and optional VDGS (requiring the SODE VDGS pack) round out the features for the serious simmers amongst us. Developed with the full co-operation and assistance of Malmö Airport management, special thanks must go to Jan Wieslander and Andreas Lundvall with their on-site assistance over the past several months. 

An airport built to the highest standards, ESMS combines the latest P3D tech alongside best-practice optimization to ensure the perfect balance between stunningly high-fidelity visuals and excellent performance, perfect as your next Scandinavian destination!

zm3L6bc.jpg

FEATURES

• Immaculately detailed depiction of ESMS Malmö Airport for P3Dv4+
    • The latest Scandinavian airport from acclaimed Swedish developer Marcus Nyberg (Gothenburg/Kiruna/Stockholm Arlanda)
    • Stunning ultra-HD texturing through the airport, including PBR for primary components
    • Customized interior modelling
    • Weather-influenced PBR ground textures
    • Night light lighting using a combination of dynamic and baked lighting for a completely immersive night experience
    • Animated SODE jetways 
    • Optional accurate VDGS for customers who use the SODE VDGS pack
    • Unique custom aircraft (F-50/BAe ATP and more) made specifically for Malmo
    • Detailed APX, pre-configured for complete GSX compatibility
    • A short flight to other popular Scandinavian destinations, Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg, Dala, Scandinavian Mountains Airports and Alesund
    • Painstakingly optimized for excellent performance even with high-end aircraft
    • Designed for P3Dv4+ to blend seamlessly with Orbx Global Base and/or openLC Europe. Also compatible with Vector
    • Developed with the full co-operation and assistance of Malmö Airport management

Please stay tuned for more previews and details over the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

ohXcT0n.jpg

AdZGosg.jpg

Pd7CcNB.jpg

CkRHUIm.jpg

VE9nFqP.jpg

qaA2M58.jpg

9xAjkF2.jpg

mj2AlEq.jpg

UTcM28W.jpg

iM5Y6FX.jpg

lltg8TL.jpg

O4JRqoV.jpg

duU1h9I.jpg

xwbK63r.jpg

pTHsDhx.jpg

rvlpsX2.jpg

9q0uoNW.jpg

szU4zgY.jpg

rtiBP26.jpg

n8oGaoh.jpg

Rogo4uU.jpg

Wlny0oV.jpg

F493Hbt.jpg

gezwU1W.jpg

Ffqh7g8.jpg

qM0mUqf.jpg

psj8dkE.jpg

j1R2Dp1.jpg

baIHjmW.jpg

fRiKMPG.jpg

CH3taGr.jpg

BupakGG.jpg

4Rm6Vl8.jpg

SUUiXX4.jpg

W8hA9sm.jpg

qnhhBqd.jpg

DRL173Z.jpg

WNfu6PV.jpg

uCCqSAB.jpg

rLu3RsC.jpg

NWJ8dOX.jpg

dReb77n.jpg

F5yASQY.jpg

rDLxtSd.jpg

I love that vibrant yellow

Wow impressive quality

I bet @Jack Sawyer is gonna be very pleased flying here too is such a yellow ambience :lol:

Question

I noticed all the yellow airports in the map have already been made by Orbx. Do this mean that Oslo and Copenhagen will be also be made by you? Are these future projects? :rollmyeyes:

Cheers

Carlos

4 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

I love that vibrant yellow

Wow impressive quality

I bet @Jack Sawyer is gonna be very pleased flying here too is such a yellow ambience :lol:

Question

I noticed all the yellow airports in the map have already been made by Orbx. Do this mean that Oslo and Copenhagen will be also be made by you? Are these future projects? :rollmyeyes:

Cheers

Carlos

Haha, no sorry, think there are some good options already available for those cities ;)

Just now, BrianV said:

Wow Marcus, another fantastic airport from you. Do you ever sleep? I have never visited Malmö airport in real life, but now a good excuse to visit in the sim. Great work!

Thanks Brian! 

Haha, yeah well if I didn't sleep enough already I've got my second kid coming any day now so guess it won't isnt less than whats about to come at least ;)

Just now, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks Brian! 

Haha, yeah well if I didn't sleep enough already I've got my second kid coming any day now so guess it won't isnt less than whats about to come at least ;)

Congrats on your second kid ;)

This sounds intriguing indeed...

BUT... there's a detail that's almost more intriguing. Just carefully look at every Orbx airport indicated in this map:

1 hour ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

zm3L6bc.jpg

I want to believe that Jarrad gave an unvoluntary leak here!

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Question

Cheers

Carlos

14 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

BUT... there's a detail that's almost more intriguing. Just carefully look at every Orbx airport indicated in this map:

I want to believe that Jarrad gave an unvoluntary leak here!

I can say 100% for sure that there are no hidden easter eggs in this map - but that's not to say that I mightn't do it with future maps :lol: If you revisit the map I made a few months ago for Scandinavian Mountains Airport, there was one destination back then that was definitely a clue that no one picked up on! 

My eyes also caught the "Spanish seasonal destinations"... can we hope for another Iberian destination such as perhaps the new Murcia Corvera LEMI airport that opened up last year, but is not included in the P3D sim?:rollmyeyes:

This looks great, but will we see it for X-Plane 11? Two years ago John Venema said "We will be porting ALL 170 Orbx airports to XP over the next year, it just takes time peeps, we’re hiring new developers to speed it up"

52 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I can say 100% for sure that there are no hidden easter eggs in this map - but that's not to say that I mightn't do it with future maps :lol: If you revisit the map I made a few months ago for Scandinavian Mountains Airport, there was one destination back then that was definitely a clue that no one picked up on! 

:) agrred

Well let's pay you mind then in the future and decide on these too :lol:

Jarrad I have a question

In the Burbank scenery you explained a bit about frame rates of freezes at landing due to the vicinity of LAX and many other elements

Would Malmo suffer a bit of this due to FT Copenhagen? This is a "heavy" scenery and very close to Malmo.

Just want to be aware in advance if this could affect performance somehow

Cheers

Carlos

4 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

In the Burbank scenery you explained a bit about frame rates of freezes at landing due to the vicinity of LAX and many other elements

Would Malmo suffer a bit of this due to FT Copenhagen? This is a "heavy" scenery and very close to Malmo.

Just want to be aware in advance if this could affect performance somehow

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos, I haven't done thorough testing with the latest build, but check in with us closer to release and I'll let you know. I did an early test at the start of the project (for exactly this scenario), and it appeared like the loading threshold wasn't very close to Malmo. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi Carlos, I haven't done thorough testing with the latest build, but check in with us closer to release and I'll let you know. I did an early test at the start of the project (for exactly this scenario), and it appeared like the loading threshold wasn't very close to Malmo. 

Cheers

Thanks a lot Jarrad

Marcus - This Looks to be another masterpiece in the making.

Trust the arrival of your second child goes well & if your partner wants an epidural, don't hesitate.

Particularly like the colors & variations thereof that have come through in the preview shots.

TTM

16 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Actually  there are 15 nm between KBUR and KLAX and... 25 nm from EKCH to Malmoe.

It's quite far enough to avoid fps drops or freezes. Don't you think ?

Dom

2 minutes ago, MasonDominique said:

Actually  there are 15 nm between KBUR and KLAX and... 25 nm from EKCH to Malmoe.

It's quite far enough to avoid fps drops or freezes. Don't you think ?

16 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I did some testing on this today, and as Dom correctly points out, it won't be a problem. The loading radius for Copenhagen is quite a way away (about 15km) from ESMS, and isn't anywhere near the approach/departure paths into the airport. So most definitely won't be a factor to worry about :) 

Cheers

5 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I did some testing on this today, and as Dom correctly points out, it won't be a problem. The loading radius for Copenhagen is quite a way away (about 15km) from ESMS, and isn't anywhere near the approach/departure paths into the airport. So most definitely won't be a factor to worry about :) 

Cheers

Awesome, thanks a lot Jarrad

What is the area coverage on this one? I know it's impossible, but I would pay serious money to have that section of Sweden between Gothenburg and the south coast covered with high resolution photoscenery, so that I could enjoy approaches to runway 22L at Copenhagen without having to look at landclass scenery :(

15 hours ago, Munken89 said:

Excellent work as always Marcus

Luleå kallax next ? :D

16 hours ago, Greg073 said:

Excellent work Marcus.  Really excited about this one.

21 hours ago, Metthos said:

Great news. 
    Love your Airports, I will buy everything you produce for Scandinavian (and Finland) :)

On 6/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, boetie said:

The level of detail is insane! Well done Marcus!

Cheers

Graeme :)

On 6/28/2020 at 11:20 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Marcus - This Looks to be another masterpiece in the making.

Trust the arrival of your second child goes well & if your partner wants an epidural, don't hesitate.

Particularly like the colors & variations thereof that have come through in the preview shots.

TTM

On 6/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, Mauricio Naude said:

:D:D:D

On 6/28/2020 at 8:29 PM, Captain Lars said:

Malmö looks like the perfect addition to every Scandinavian collection. Well done. :)

On 6/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, Sniper31 said:

What an awesome surprise! This airport scenery looks to be chock full of cool details! From these shots, the colors really pop! Excited to see more.

thanks guys for the support!! :)

15 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

What is the area coverage on this one? I know it's impossible, but I would pay serious money to have that section of Sweden between Gothenburg and the south coast covered with high resolution photoscenery, so that I could enjoy approaches to runway 22L at Copenhagen without having to look at landclass scenery :(

haha no sorry its nothing close to that coverage, that would have been massive. We will get back with a proper coverage map when we are a bit closer to release.

Archived