Strange Mountain Textures in LOWI when using TrueSky

Hi guys, 

This does indeed appear to be an issue - if you are experiencing it, you can disable the rockface models: 

1. Go to LOWI Innsbruck Airport\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\Scenery

2. Rename Westsim_LOWI_Placement_Rockface_Objectflow.xml to Westsim_LOWI_Placement_Rockface_Objectflow.xml.off

3. [updated] Rename Westsim_LOWI_Placement_RockfaceBGL.bgl to Westsim_LOWI_Placement_RockfaceBGL.bgl.OFF

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, Marc BF said:

I assume this is something LM needs to fix in their implementation of TrueSky? 
Which means we won’t see a fix until 5.1 but that’s how it goes with beta features. 

As it seems that the issue only affects 3rd party addon, isn't it the addon devs that need to fix the issue?

I'd be interested to hear your opinion @Jarrad Marshall as a scenery dev. You probably know way more then any of us do! :) 

Hi guys, it would seem from my testing that it is bound up in the particular combination of material settings I used, which are similar (though not exactly the same) as some ground poly settings. These settings are a bit unusual (though not entirely unique) in that they need to override the terrain behind the model, whilst still maintaining properties more suitable to a 3D element. There are several other material issues in v5, including in the latest hotfix, that I am very confident will be addressed by LM in future hotfixes and full point versions. 

14 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, it would seem from my testing that it is bound up in the particular combination of material settings I used, which are similar (though not exactly the same) as some ground poly settings. These settings are a bit unusual (though not entirely unique) in that they need to override the terrain behind the model, whilst still maintaining properties more suitable to a 3D element. There are several other material issues in v5, including in the latest hotfix, that I am very confident will be addressed by LM in future hotfixes and full point versions. 

Thanks for the response! Very enlightening and hopefully LM will be quick off the mark with this one. I must say that I find it difficult to call EA a beta with such glaring issues, it's more of an alpha, but to give them credit when it works correctly it is rather impressive.

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, 

This does indeed appear to be an issue - if you are experiencing it, you can disable the rockface models: 

2. Rename Westsim_LOWI_Placement_Rockface_Objectflow.xml to Westsim_LOWI_Placement_Rockface_Objectflow.xml.off

Cheers,

Hi Jarrad , 

Dont solve the behaviour on my site :-(

k-1.png

3 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, 

Cheers,

I think you post the wrong File in your Solution :-)

I set the File "Westsim_LOWI_Placement_RockfaceBGL.bgl" to off and now it works :-) 

Michael 

k-1.png

7 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

I think you post the wrong File in your Solution :-)

I set the File "Westsim_LOWI_Placement_RockfaceBGL.bgl" to off and now it works :-) 

Michael

I was just about to suggest this :) My apologies :)

But just for further clarification - both files need to be disabled. I've just edited my previous post to reflect this. 

Cheers

I went to LOWI to check it out. 
P3Dv5 with Hotfix 2, and with EA on...  But I and my camera buddy in the picture are not seeing the visual anomaly:

LOWI.JPG

Archived