Global Buildings HD - Lower Rez?

Mithras

Global Buildings has revolutionised my FSX, and along with the new LC packages upgrades the sim to new levels. Fantastic. The claim to not affect frame rates is also true. However, for the first time in six years I get Out Of Memory warnings now (when at Heathrow). I used to fly a freeware airliner out of EGLL to European and worldwide destinations regularly with no problems. Today because of the HD 4K Buildings I can never get off the ground. Scaling back autogen, etc. has some effect, but I still don't make it off the ground. Because the add on is such a boon, I've simply stopped flying from Heathrow. 

My question is, would there ever by an option within HD Buildings to select a lower rez version of those beautiful building renders? I'm sure that last year I read on this forum that it might be a possibility. I hope so. Thanks. 

Nick said that the textures are mipmapped, so you can just set your P3D texture resolution to 2048x2048 and that will limit all textures to render at 2K resolution.

If you just want the building textures to be less than 4K, then you'd have to run them through a texture resizing utility like Ordenador.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived