EGNT Newcastle International Airport for P3Dv4+

wsDZJb2.jpg

First announced at Cosford in late 2019 and after some sneak previews, EGNT Newcastle International Airport for P3Dv4+ is almost here.

Newcastle International Airport is located north of the university city of Newcastle Upon Tyne in the North East of England. Once an industrial superpower of the shipbuilding era Newcastle has now transformed into a buzzing cultural hub. Over 5 million visitors a year pass through the doors from leisure routes operated by narrow-body jets to Las Palmas & Santorini and long-haul visits to Dubai in a 777-300ER. This is the perfect airport for those wanting something a bit more regional, but with an international appeal. The 7,600ft runway provides quite the challenge when operating those heavier aircraft, especially during the typical rainy weather of the north of England.

Our UK team based in Havant have taken care and attention when developing Newcastle International Airport and it shows. With high-quality texture work throughout and plenty of features to enjoy, Newcastle is a great addition to the UK set of airports.

Features

• Detailed and stunning PBR rendition of Newcastle International Airport
  • Ultra-high quality texture work throughout
  • Stunning 3D modelling
  • 30cm per pixel photoreal with seasons
  • Great challenging runway for heavy jets
  • Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment
  • SODE animated jetways & VGDS support
  • Fully compatible with TrueEarth Great Britain Central and EU England

2-cfc55ff128b304e2cdf069c919340927.jpg

63-303efd710e88b66859331ef48ee6f00e.jpg

63-dcd01efe629ad3c8486ec8a8a883a15b.jpg

63-7b703fb3466a6a25ac6dd14aaec58930.jpg

63-cf46368d9c055eb0a4b02eacf27e31bc.jpg

63-edfe5ab9a1d2d5143051d080d89fb3a3.jpg

63-4e640fdedbd0eb20fff4e5303b62c6ed.jpg

63-a641bafddb5dc30f5d1138c8eef523bd.jpg

63-b45c2c9ab706656edbd3fc4f785de6e2.jpg

63-6b4e755b65d53cfa910405dbaf89ec28.jpg

63-e503a701dc1a8ede91a4d0623204d33b.jpg

63-368b63c4fb9602212b04118685f0b88e.jpg

63-60e2387fb66d5eb6266867312389ccb0.jpg

63-0724316eaac3460bb35d0a069f169e21.jpg

63-b0e033ed212faa893d1ebaa657e37811.jpg

63-f34a1b2a136430dd040d315ab2700a76.jpg

It is not so short. Many airports have runways used for shorter flights (which I mean not 14 or 15 hours) with shorter runways in use than 2,300 metres. Yes, fully loaded and fueled A380s or B787s would not like it but most European traffic could do it easily and even USA etc. with lower weight wide bodied aircraft. The Cherokee could land and takeoff 3 times at least! ;)

oh yes - i mean for an emirates 777 it's short. Clearly if you want to test yourself on a tight runway, go to Eshott, 20 miles to the North or Currock Hill across the Tyne (both are UK2000 VFR North or freeware elsewhere)

gnfi11.jpg

Saying that, I've landed an empty a380 using ils on the sim at newcastle. the only problem is there isnt really enough room to taxi to the terminal :D The right wing sort of clips the boundary fence and you can't make that corning without using the grass

No description available.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:56 AM, Ed Correia said:

2-714395a4be83aaf3aaed565a65002439.jpg

I know it's all work in progress, but usually your announcements are made very shortly before release. So @Ed Correia can you please let the developers know they need to look at the runway lights:

• PAPI for RWY07 should be located on the RH side
  • I see 2 green threshold light bars, of course there should only be 1 at the displaced threshold
  • I can see one bar of red lights shortly before the concrete starts, spanning for the whole width of the runway, laying on top of the approach lighting. That bar of red lights should not be there
  • I see two sets of red lights at the end of the runway. There should only be one bar for REILs placed at the very end of the runway. No red wing bars.
  • RWY centreline lights should not stop at the displaced threshold of the opposite runway 25. They should continue until the beginning of the stopway, which is only 15m long.

For reference:

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-06-18-AIRAC/html/eAIP/EG-AD-2.EGNT-en-GB.html#EGNT-AD-2.14

Otherwise it looks very good indeed, happy to know that it will be made compatible with EU England and not just TrueEarth! :)

Excited page open hitting refresh waiting now for it. Looks really nice about time we had a up to date Ncl to fly into and from great job has the metro line been modelled in it. Can’t wait to get exploring and have a good walk around it.

9 hours ago, mburkhard said:

I know it's all work in progress, but usually your announcements are made very shortly before release. So @Ed Correia can you please let the developers know they need to look at the runway lights:

• I see 2 green threshold light bars, of course there should only be 1 at the displaced threshold
  • I can see one bar of red lights shortly before the concrete starts, spanning for the whole width of the runway, laying on top of the approach lighting. That bar of red lights should not be there
  • I see two sets of red lights at the end of the runway. There should only be one bar for REILs placed at the very end of the runway. No red wing bars.
  • RWY centreline lights should not stop at the displaced threshold of the opposite runway 25. They should continue until the beginning of the stopway, which is only 15m long.

For reference:

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-06-18-AIRAC/html/eAIP/EG-AD-2.EGNT-en-GB.html#EGNT-AD-2.14

Otherwise it looks very good indeed, happy to know that it will be made compatible with EU England and not just TrueEarth! :)

Have passed on the feedback but it appears there may be an error with my installation!

On 6/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, TimmR1991 said:

Amazing!

But could you please step now down to Gatwick! :D 
We really need a great Gatwick scenery! :) 

Gatwick.... I think you find Manchester is in a more desperate state, theres a whole new concourse missing. 

56 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

It's just been reported  reported on FS Elite -  that Orbx have announced that it will be released this weekend

Get your money ready - you Geordies

Yep fingers crossed it all comes together :-)

3 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi David

Most of the English airports required England

If you go here you can see that you need England or the True Earth ( at the bottom)

https://orbxdirect.com/product/egnt

Cheers

Carlos

That's abit annoying for those who haven't got true earth & don't really have any interest in purchasing it. The majority of English airports I own seem fine with global & LC 

13 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

That's abit annoying for those who haven't got true earth & don't really have any interest in purchasing it. The majority of English airports I own seem fine with global & LC 

You don't need to purchase True Earth GB

Do you have England region?

If you are not interested in buying either one then UK 2000 version would be perfect for you but Orbx one needs England or TrueEarth

Regards,

Carlos

3 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

You don't need to purchase True Earth GB

Do you have England region?

If you are not interested in buying either one then UK 2000 version would be perfect for you but Orbx one needs England or TrueEarth

Regards,

Carlos

Only Global & Open LC

On 6/26/2020 at 2:14 PM, mburkhard said:

For reference:

This was indeed an error in Ed's install (doubled-up with the default airport). I've removed the offending image from the OP!

Greg

4 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

This was indeed an error in Ed's install (doubled-up with the default airport). I've removed the offending image from the OP!

Thanks Greg! Doubled-up lights explain a lot, but that would mean the PAPI lights on the RH side would still have been missing, unless of course those were suppressed due to that install error. (Haven't bought it yet, so can't check)

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:09 AM, zhaoqingMal said:

Any chance of EGNT being brought to MSFS, or even X-Plane? The North-East sorely needs an airport in these two simulators!

EGNV is my home school airport. would love to see that. Also, Asobo missed Currock Hill Glider Club... great little location suitable for the Orbx treatment

2 minutes ago, David Woodford said:

EGNV is my home school airport. would love to see that. Also, Asobo missed Currock Hill Glider Club... great little location suitable for the Orbx treatment

I’m currently working on EGNV for both MSFS and X-Plane. Layout is done and modelling is underway.

Archived