KBUR Runway 15 long freeze at 100 ft

Anyone else having the issue landing on runway 15 that in about 100 - 50 ft AGL there is a 2-3 second lag, making a landing impossible?

I deactivated Orbx SoCal and static aircraft, as well as deinstalled KLAX airport. Still same issue.

P3DV5 that is.

Edited by Blackbox711

Hi,

Could you try to play with p3d radius setting? maybe by lowering a little bit the value. I do not think is a problem of the scenery ( because the scenery has nothing to load once you are using it ) but maybe could be some object ( non part of the scenery ) which take some time to load.

Anyway i will try to find if i can understand better the cause and a method to solve it, it is not easy because i do not have the pause at my end.

Cheers

I had the same issue with taking off from runway 15I was getting a 2-3 sec lag halfway down the runway. I found my CPU core 0 was pegged when this happened. I cycled my affinity mask on and off for core 0 for the p3d.exe so it would evenly distributed the load and I no longer have lag issues and core 0 no longer maxes out. Again that fixed it for me. Now my approaches and departures are smooth.  

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I had the same issue with taking off from runway 15I was getting a 2-3 sec lag halfway down the runway. I found my CPU core 0 was pegged when this happened. I cycled my affinity mask on and off for core 0 for the p3d.exe so it would evenly distributed the load and I no longer have lag issues and core 0 no longer maxes out. Again that fixed it for me. Now my approaches and departures are smooth.  

Great to hear this. Many thanks for your discovery.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I found my CPU core 0 was pegged when this happened. I cycled my affinity mask on and off for core 0 for the p3d.exe so it would evenly distributed the load and I no longer have lag issues and core 0 no longer maxes out. Again that fixed it for me. Now my approaches and departures are smooth.  

And in English?

Don't get it

How do you do that?

Cheers

Carlos

I stand corrected on the pauses. Did two flights into KBUR on Runway 15 and I was getting pauses on landing. Takeoff is not as bad. As it stands now I can't use 15 for arrivals due to the 2 sec long pauses, once above the numbers and again when you flare. I noticed it was worse if I had Autogen set to High. Medium is not as bad but still has issues. This needs to be address please. 

Also can you remove the palm tree at the end of 15. It seems too close to the approach path. 

http://prntscr.com/t73how

Edited by Wise87

29 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I stand corrected on the pauses. Did two flights into KBUR on Runway 15 and I was getting pauses on landing. Takeoff is not as bad. As it stands now I can't use 15 for arrivals due to the 2 sec long pauses, once above the numbers and again when you flare. I noticed it was worse if I had Autogen set to High. Medium is not as bad but still has issues. This needs to be address please. 

Also can you remove the palm tree at the end of 15. It seems too close to the approach path. 

http://prntscr.com/t73how

I think when you are approaching at the runway, in that point a big block of agn at Los Angeles start to being displayed. Proably this is the cause of the pause. Maybe could worth try to play with the radius. But it is not a problem of kbur scenery. Anyway i understand this is something annoying. I will do some test in the next days, even if i do not have any pause at my end.

Cheers

On 6/23/2020 at 5:17 PM, carlosqr said:

And in English?

Don't get it

How do you do that?

Cheers

Carlos

+1.  I've never really understood how to use afinitymask.  My understanding was that it's not needed in 64 bit P3D, but I am also having some pauses at various scenery intensive airports, so I'd try that.  I have a 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Hi guys, the reason for the pause is LAX - the majority of the 3D objects around that airport load into view at that rough location. 

Depending on what version of LAX you are using (default, Orbx SoCal, FSDT etc), the lag can be quite pronounced, even more so if you have AI settings to a high level. Essentially what is happening, is that a great deal of geometry and textures (drawcalls) are being loaded into the sim in a very short space, which will cause the stutter/pause whilst it loads. 

To help alleviate the issue, it would be worth playing around with different display settings in P3D. Your AI slider, scenery distance slider, shadows distance (and quality) settings are probably good starting points. 

Cheers,

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, the reason for the pause is LAX - the majority of the 3D objects around that airport load into view at that rough location. 

Depending on what version of LAX you are using (default, Orbx SoCal, FSDT etc), the lag can be quite pronounced, even more so if you have AI settings to a high level. Essentially what is happening, is that a great deal of geometry and textures (drawcalls) are being loaded into the sim in a very short space, which will cause the stutter/pause whilst it loads. 

To help alleviate the issue, it would be worth playing around with different display settings in P3D. Your AI slider, scenery distance slider, shadows distance (and quality) settings are probably good starting points. 

Cheers,

Clear as water

Thank you so much Jarrard

Happy weekend

• 1 year later...

Even after this suggestion KBUR is still freezing right on top of the piano keys on runway 15. Runway 15 is totally un-landable. Its repeatable every time and does the same thing every time. Taking off on 15 is just as bad.

Very annoying. 

Anyone got any other ideas?

On 12/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, alaxus said:

Even after this suggestion KBUR is still freezing right on top of the piano keys on runway 15. Runway 15 is totally un-landable. Its repeatable every time and does the same thing every time. Taking off on 15 is just as bad.

Very annoying. 

Anyone got any other ideas?

As said above, it's purely a matter of the old FSX engine being pushed beyond its dedign capabilities. That it has done as well as it has is a miracle. 

But... I would reduce my LOD radius to low, my autogen radius to the same, knock the buildings and trees sliders to high, turn off all traffic, road and AI, special effects to low, untick all add on airports within 100nm, and if using a complex airliner, try the approach in a default GA plane.

I remember years ago one of the pay ware airliners caused pauses, and even managed to slow time down, during late final. I think it was the Dash8. Just mentioned that because it can be apparently unrelated factors that cause these pauses, nothing is off the table. 

Yeh tried all that. I fly a full size 737 sim with prosim which runs on 3 other computers. So p3d only does visuals.

The thing is it does not seem to be the airport as a whole (though I do get a frame hit) just the piano keys at rwy 15. What happens at KBUR on rwy 15 is that the visuals freeze but the model keeps flying. So when you get the visuals back you are at the end of the rwy. 

There seems to be a trigger there or something. If I taxi to 15 from the gate its all good until I taxi onto the keys then the visuals freeze.

I have over 100 add on airports and most of the Orbx scenery's and airports. In the last 2 and a bit years due to the plague I have done over 3000hrs and landed at over 2000 airports add on's and stock.  And KBUR is the only airport that exhibits this specific behaviour at a specific place.

I really like the airport and want to fly there but at the moment its a bit annoying.

I just did a couple of dozen circuits in the Lancair Legacy with the P3D sliders just about all over to the right, first few with the default P3D scenery, smooth as slik all the way, then i loaded True Earth N and S California HD, set the texture res to 2048, and once again smooth as silkall the way, I then found I didn't have traffic enabled so I put most of the air and ground traffic to 25 - 50% and this time the animation wasn't quite as smooth but I wouldn't call it stuttering, and once again several circuits into R15 and not even a hint of a pause or a stutter all the way in to the runway.

A mate of mine runs the same rig as you so I can ask him to check KBUR (assuming he has the Orbx version) and see if he gets any pauses.