Can't display Orbx scenery

Hi,

Thanks for your great products been a user and a fan of many years.

I was recently forced to reinstall FSX on my PC due to a hard disk catastrophic failure.  I decided to go with FSXSE and see if it was better.  On my new hard drive there is no FSX at all it was a fresh windows 10 on a new hard drive.

I have gotten everything back up to speed, but for the life of me I can't get Orbx scenery to display.  I have had a hunt around the forums, and thought I would reach out for suggestions.  Melbourne is looking very sorry with just one control tower!  I tried Brisbane too but it's all original, you can't even look at it.

My PC is an I5-9400F 2.90GHz with 16GB RAM running Windows 10. 

Let me know what else you need.

Can you help?

Thanks

Scott

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

2 hours ago, Scott3178 said:

but for the life of me I can't get Orbx scenery to display

Hello Scott, welcome to the forums.

I have not got FSX-SE, I have the box FSX Gold. On the Settings page are you able to use Customise instead of the shown sliders all to the right, as per the pics with my settings ?

Also pics of the default AU2 YMML and the YMML airport added to AU21091699641_YMMLairport.thumb.jpg.7bc202e74153e8bdb979964a0300fb7a.jpg

FSX Settings Customise.jpg

FSX Settings Graphics.jpg

FSX Settings Scenery.jpg

AU2 with default YMML.jpg

AU2 with YMML airport.jpg

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Scott, welcome to the forums.

You don't seem to have installed either of the YMML or YBBN payware versions.

Do you own them?

No, are those airports not part of the Australia package, in which case, perhaps it is loading correctly?

So where does that leave me then Nick, any suggestions?  Do I appear to have the libraries set ok?  What else could I try?

I will likely invest in the paid ones but I would like to get this straightened out first.

Thanks for your help

Smudger/Nick

I’ve imitated your settings.  That top down photo

is that the purchased YMML?  I’ve taken a photo of mine.  You can see from the overhead picture that I’m not getting near the quality of your airport so I’m hoping that that is the paid YMML otherwise we still have work to do!

I normally fly PMDG 737 (I’m Melbourne based 737 pilot) but I took a 172 over the city to check the graphics quality. It is very impressive. It looks as if the scenery is definitely though loading so apologies.  It looks like if I want the 2nd tower I’ll need the bought YMML but that’s ok.  

Sorry for the dodgy iPad taken photos but you’ll get my drift.

Scott
1FB76D80-E641-4545-9681-3916B77D357B.thumb.jpeg.fe9534d7c535a66a2a3206e11d9d9ad4.jpegD27D4007-3D66-4582-A78F-4E7AE0B63C24.thumb.jpeg.adb247a446db25271d18f45e5375a048.jpeg

Hello Scott

Yes my top down is the paid YMML airport, here is a top down pic of the default YMML in AU2.

You can see that it has elevation problems due to paid YMML that your default does not have.

This was done from Gate D14, those above from Parking 5.

Default YMML in AU2.jpg

Archived