Are all Orbx products transferrable?

Lepres

Over the years i had purchased huge collections of Orbx products for FSX, and am looking to buy up more. Am also thinking of migratimg to using P3D. Big question is, would alm my investments still be useable and can port over fr FSX to P3D?

A few are not (yet) compatible with P3D v5.  But they are with P3D v4.5. I'm also on the cusp of moving from FSX to P3D, and very concerned about compatibility of my cockpit and its necessary software, so I've been dragging my feet on this.  But Orbx is the least of my worries. For the record, I think I will go for 4.5.

Ken

Regardless of what is currently compatible with which versions of P3D, yes the investment is transferable to P3D from fsx without needing to purchase again or pay for any updates.

45 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Regardless of what is currently compatible with which versions of P3D, yes the investment is transferable to P3D from fsx without needing to purchase again or pay for any updates.

Sorry, left this out in my comment.  Also those Orbx products not yet compatible, most, if not all, will be fairly soon.  My issue is NOT Orbx.  It's with software that drives my cockpit hardware.

Ken

Slightly off topic but I laugh at all the people saying MSFS 2020 will be the end of everything yet we still have people dedicated to FSX which is 6 generations behind P3D V5.

I am not being critical of FSX users just saying people find a sim and they are happy.

Now having said that I changed from p3d v4.5 to V5 and I just can't go back to V4.5 its so far behind I deleted it even though v5 is missing a few add ons but its so much better I don't miss the add ons. 

Go with V5 if you are making the change as I find P3D has a much shorter lifecycle than FSX versions did and 4.5 will age very quickly. 

I'm in the midst of flying all the towered NA freeware airports and am not inclined to switch to V5.  I may do so eventually, but not now.  And my flying preferences don't incline me to dl the TE stuff, so I'm fine with what I have, v4.5.

Archived