Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/ error

Hi all, Ive just done a completely fresh install of Xplane 11 and all my Orbx Products, basically all of europe, however when i try and launch Xplane, im getting the following 2 errors come up.

The following scenery package has a problem and will therefore not be loaded:
Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
It requires an additional library scenery package that is not installed, or it is missing some of its files.

There was a problem loading the scenery package:
Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
The scenery may not look correct.

Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.

I've been in and verified the files on both GB central and the Orbx Librarys but with no luck.  I was just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.   All files were installed via central but on a different drive to the main XP 11 Install as offered in the install menu. I include my Log.txt below if that helps. 

many Thanks

Cowboy10uk

Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

2 things I notice.

One is that it appears that TEGB Central may not be completely installed. The message:

0:00:20.986 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'terrain/a640xfb30x17.ter', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/'.
0:00:20.986 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-004.dsf:
0:00:20.986 E/SCN: The terrain file 'terrain/a640xfb30x17.ter' could not be located.

This could be a result of an incomplete installation due to limited free space availability on either the disk you are downloading onto or the disk you are installing onto.

We can check that out later.

The second erroe is this one:

0:00:20.986 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'orbxlibs/silo_big_1_50_39.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/'.
0:00:20.986 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-002.dsf:
0:00:20.986 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: orbxlibs/silo_big_1_50_39.obj

I am attaching 2 files which are the ones reported as unable to locate in the Log report.

I am not convinced it will resolve the issue but asd a first attempt we will try.

Unzip and place the a640xfb30x17 file into the TEGB Central/orthos/terrain folder.

Unzip and place the silo_big file into TEGB Central/Overlay/orbxlibs

Report back. I have a feeling regarding the first noted error regarding a .ter file that you may get a similar message but a different labelled missing .ter file notification.

a640xfb30x17.zip

silo_big_1_50_39.zip

Hi Jon, thanks for the quick response.   I will download and place those files into their locations once I get home in 50 mins after the school run.    Ref the hard drive space,  central is installed on a 4th drive in my machine which still has around 400gb left on it.    Central was downloaded together up with all my other products, I.e. I just selected all my products to download and walked away.  It was the 2nd item to download,   And central then went on to download another 28 products including both Oregon and Washington HD packs which are a considerable size with no issues.    

I did try to verify files and it didn’t find anything wrong, BUT if adding these files do not work, I will try uninstalling central and doing a fresh install with it.  

thanks for your help 

talk soon no doubt

Cowboy10uk

23 minutes ago, Cowboy10uk1 said:

Hi Jon, thanks for the quick response.   I will download and place those files into their locations once I get home in 50 mins after the school run.    Ref the hard drive space,  central is installed on a 4th drive in my machine which still has around 400gb left on it.    Central was downloaded together up with all my other products, I.e. I just selected all my products to download and walked away.  It was the 2nd item to download,   And central then went on to download another 28 products including both Oregon and Washington HD packs which are a considerable size with no issues.    

I did try to verify files and it didn’t find anything wrong, BUT if adding these files do not work, I will try uninstalling central and doing a fresh install with it.  

thanks for your help 

talk soon no doubt

Cowboy10uk

It may be the free space on the drive you download onto which is where your Temp folder is. By default Windows places your Temp folder on C drive. You can move it but you need to find out how much free space you have left on C drive.

The attached pick shows you how to Clear the Temp folder, which I want you to do, and where to find any backup copies you may have made, and I want you to delete them if they exist.

The pic shows that I moved my Temp folder to E drive and unticked any Backups. Both the default locations for Temp and Backups are C drive which will fill up quickly.

If the files i sent you don't fix the issue then uninstall TEGB Central having deleted any Backups and cleared the Temp folder, and rerun the Install option of TEGB Central via Orbx Central.

1.thumb.JPG.6e3653fc08a2015a03b99fea825df70d.JPG

Hi Jon, yep as suspected it didnt work and just threw up another error. Ive followed you advice ref the temp folders, above and also moved them to a Hard drive with significantly more space. 

Ill uninstall central and try again now. 

Thanks for your help.

ok Im now at a complete and utter loss. 

Followed the request above, changed temp location to a bigger driver after clearing the location on C drive, unticked the auto backup and cleared the back up folder. 

Uninstalled GB Central, and restarted PC.

Installed GB Central fresh into XP11

Restarted PC

Started XP11 at Tatenhill and also tested manchester Barton, and get the same error messages.

Ive been in and checked my Orbx install locations, and can confirm that BOTH files are showing at the location the error message says it cant find them, and the file names appear correct.  

GB Central is showing at 80.3 GB when installed, does that sound right?

Sounds a little low to me as North shows 142GB and South shows 129gb although it does seem to match the install size shown on site.

Latest log file is below after the new install. 

Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

@Jon Clarke Any update on this issue at all.   I see you asked for it to be moved here, and then I’ve not heard anything whatsoever back.  I attached my Central log as requested, but I see it’s not even been looked at.  The 1 download was myself to check it had uploaded correctly.

many Thanks in Advance.

9 hours ago, Cowboy10uk1 said:

@Jon Clarke Any update on this issue at all.   I see you asked for it to be moved here, and then I’ve not heard anything whatsoever back.  I attached my Central log as requested, but I see it’s not even been looked at.  The 1 download was myself to check it had uploaded correctly.

many Thanks in Advance.

@Mitchell Williamson for response please.

Hi @Cowboy10uk1,

Looking through your Log.txt that you uploaded, let's try and work out why it's failing. 

Central has reported that it scanned 22,366 files, and didn't find any that were out of date / incorrect (emphasis mine):

2020-06-18T10:22:37.679Z [INFO] [Saturn] - gbr-central-xp11: 4.00%  Scanned 19846 of 22366 files
2020-06-18T10:22:38.569Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Skipping stage Saturn.Jobs.Install.Stages.FullBuildExtractStage
2020-06-18T10:22:38.592Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Required file scan time: 00:00:00.0048242
2020-06-18T10:22:38.592Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Required files: 0
2020-06-18T10:22:38.592Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Required chunks: 0

As you mention that the files do exist at the correct location, I'm wondering if it's an issue with X-Plane itself?

6 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi @Cowboy10uk1,

Looking through your Log.txt that you uploaded, let's try and work out why it's failing. 

Central has reported that it scanned 22,366 files, and didn't find any that were out of date / incorrect (emphasis mine):

As you mention that the files do exist at the correct location, I'm wondering if it's an issue with X-Plane itself?

I will try and get the plane log and look at that then, it was a brand new fresh install, so fresh download of 11.41B and the Orbx scenery is the only addition software that was installed when this issue turned up. 

If needed I will wipe everything and start again. 

Archived