KBUR Hollywood Burbank P3Dv4+ Some more.

Sure looks like a lot of the PeopleFlow at that airport are just lollygagging around :D Some nice looking shots Iain of the ground operations at Burbank. Should be a very nice release.

29 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Sure looks like a lot of the PeopleFlow at that airport are just lollygagging around :D Some nice looking shots Iain of the ground operations at Burbank. Should be a very nice release.

Maybe they're just resting, as their faces (and clothes) are shiny from sweat :lol:

Nice set Iain, picking out some interesting detail & perspectives.

Shots 1 & 4 - the tiled effect just before Rwy 26 - are they for water run off? I presume its grooved tarmac or concrete.

Shot 2. I don't recall being asked to provide a likeness for the chap on the RHS:)

I think this will be a good one to fly in & out of, & also helicopter tour from.

A welcome USA Father's Day gift! (Sunday)

TTM

23 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

Maybe they're just resting, as their faces (and clothes) are shiny from sweat :lol:

22 hours ago, gollum65 said:

It can get very hot in Burbank in the summer....

All very true...I grew up in Riverside County, about 2 hours east/south east of Burbank. It DOES indeed get pretty toasty there in the summer :) And, it seems to ALWAYS be summer out there ;)

9 hours ago, medx421 said:

I believe that was installed because of this incident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Airlines_Flight_1455

I remember that incident very well.  How that gas station didn't explode, or how that aircraft didn't kill a bunch of people on Hollywood Way are both miracles.  I haven't been over there in a while, but I'm pretty certain that gas station was removed after that crash.

What was left of that aircraft sat up by the FBO north of taxiway D for probably a year, if not longer.  I saw it a few times and I used to have photos of it.

@gollum65 I remember the incident as well, and you're right; it was miraculous that it didn't go much worse.  In a strange way, it was the first example of SWA not being immortal for lack of a better word.  The gas station is gone which was obviously a good choice and the incident was definitely a catalyst for EMAS at BUR.  EMAS is a great concept.  It's good to see it being installed at more airports.

22 minutes ago, medx421 said:

@gollum65 I remember the incident as well, and you're right; it was miraculous that it didn't go much worse.  In a strange way, it was the first example of SWA not being immortal for lack of a better word.  The gas station is gone which was obviously a good choice and the incident was definitely a catalyst for EMAS at BUR.  EMAS is a great concept.  It's good to see it being installed at more airports.

In fact I believe that was the first accident in SWA history.  29 years before they had an incident.  After the aircraft came to a stop, on the CVR the captain can be heard saying "Well, there goes my career".

Archived