YBBN wrong display

Skywalker50

Hi,

After solving some of my early FSX scenery problems, but unfortunately I encountered a couple more:

I started my FSX and moved the aircraft to different locations and these are the outcomes:

·            Brisbane airport (YBBN Orbx) Gate 21: The Gate is in the middle of the tarmac, the jetways are placed in wrong place, and some aircraft are parked on wrong place (see two pic attached)

·            Reykjavík airport (BIKF Orbx Global Iceland Demo). Some jetways appears floating on the sky (see pic attached).

·            Frankfurt airport (EDDF third party product) some of the runways/taxiways appears on the middle of the runways of taxiways (see poor quality pic attached).

·            Melbourne airport (YMML Orbx) on approach to runway 34, a black tile cover the entire airport area (see pic attached)

I have tried to rearrange the FSX scenery library order without any progress. I have also attached a copy of my scenery library.

I would appreciate any comment or help on how I could fix these issues.

Thank you.

Best regards.

skywalker

BIKF_M.jpg

EDDF_M.jpg

YBBN_1_M.jpg

YMML_M.jpg

SCENERY_130620.docx

Hello,

first suspect, Traffic Global, try disabling that.

Second suspect, do you have GSX?

Third suspect, have you applied the Direct X 10 freeware fix for Orbx lights from

the Avsim Library? This does make the background at Orbx YMML black.

Thank you Nick for your reply.

I have manages to do a quick test and disable (un-tick) the Traffic Global from the scenery library and restarted FSX, the issues I have with EDDF, BIKF seems to be fixed.

The jetways and parking issues I have previously with YBBN appears to be correct but, now suddenly the ground texture of the airport tarmac have changed (see picture attached).

Do you know what could cause this issue?

I haven’t tried to disable GSX or introduce the DX10 fixer yet as you suggested. I’ll let you know my progress.

After removing Traffic Global most of the airports (except AU’s airport) are empty with no traffic at all. The airports looks a bit “fake”, flying into any big or small airport (e.g.: EDDF, LEMD or else) and have not a single aircraft parked or moving does not looks realistic at all.

If “Traffic Global” is causing problems with Orbx products, do you know of any other “FSX Traffic” product compatible with “Orbx” products that I could use?

Thank you again for your comments.

Best regards.

skywalker50

YBBN_TARMAC_GROUND_M.jpg

I think you are probably now seeing just the Orbx version of YBBN.

Try the various control panel options and see if you can find one that you like.

I expect that there will be a way to make Traffic Global work with addon airports

but as I do not own it, perhaps you could consult its manual or product support.

The Jetways look like like a problem you can get with GSX 2 and using SODE. If you look in the GSX manual, it tells you how to fix it, but it has to be done on an airport by airport situation. It is caused by Vector correcting the scenery elevations, whereas GSX uses the default ones.  I ended up removing GSX sode gates as there where just too many airports to be fixed.

That should also fix your Traffic Global.

Cheers, Nathan

Archived