UK Sea Colour

I have Orbx England, Wales and Scotland installed and am using ENVDIR to try to get a more realistic sea colouring for the UK but always end up with the sea looking too dark blue instead of the grey/green colour which the majority of the seasons show around the UK.

Has anyone got any info where I can download or change the texture files to get a more realistic UK sea colour?

We don't usually get blue seas here except for the odd summer days! My old FS2009 with photoscenery had the UK sea colouring oft to a T!

REgards

Nigel

Hello @nogfrench i think you are referring to ENVSHADE which is part of Envdir package by toga project? If yes, i had this problem too and i've minimized it (in a very acceptable way) maximizing the Water Saturation Slider in the Configuration Panel

Let me know if it works for you too.

Cheers

You don't say what sim version you're on. If P3Dv4.5, then sea colour can easily be controlled by PTA or (the free) Tomatoshade. Neither of those work in P3Dv5, so Envshade is your only option.

Water saturation is available in EnvSHADE, but additional water textures + wave animation come with EnvTEX. However - though you can tone down generic sea colouring, you might still occasionally get over-saturation and blending problems between that and Orbx shoreline colours.

If you post a shot with SLEW co-ordinates showing, I can see if I can replicate it with my P3Dv5+EnvSHADE+EnvTEX setup - providing it's not in Orbx South - as I have TE GBS .. but regular ENG/WLS/SCO for the rest of the country.

Thanks for the replies Gents, I'm using P3Dv3.4 with EnvTex, EnvShade and EnvSound. I also use FSrealWX as a weather engine and Plan-G for navigating. I used to use PTA and REX4  when I had VFR Photographic scenery installed  but stopped using them when I converted to Orbx ENG/WLS/SCO I read somewhere that PTA was not compatible with Orbx.

I usually fly just in the UK in the A2A Spitfire having created a lot of RAF airfields to relive my career in the RAF from mid-1960's to end of the 80's.

Have adjusted the Water Sat in EnvShade both ways but cannot see a lot of difference, the sea is still "Quink" ink blue!vx17z9i.jpg%5B

19 Squadron Spit over east coast of Isle of Wight.

@nogfrench Well this is the water color (ocean) which you select on ENVTEX. There aren't so much alternatives on it.

As far i can see there isn't a net color difference between water in the coastline and the ocean one. the transition seems ok

LmTwW1F.jpg

Thats better, Nick, with a good wave formation as well. The best I can do is with Water Saturation maxed out in EnvShade as per the following pics.

Can you have REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and PTA running  along with EnvDir or is it one or the other. My thinking is that they all alter the textures within P3D  so its logical only one can be used.

So how did you get the water a green colour?

wnG1CQ2.jpg

Regards

Nigel

uLee9cv.jpg

Right, this is  using Rex 4 Texture Direct Soft Clouds, still too blue and tropical looking and no difference that I can see from the previous pic. Will look into Rex Essential Plus but in the meantime will go back to using the EnvDir package.

Tried that Nick and the sea went green, Grass default green with fields!!

I think I will have to stick with EnvTex shade of sea colour for European waters until Orbx does an update to get the colour correct for the North Sea and Atlantic waters.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Archived