LC NA - textures don't look right

Hi

Please help me - my textures in NA do not look right. There seem to be some kind of overlap from something else but I am not sure what.

GvOdwRX.jpg

zjeeBEB.jpg

1QiE9Ie.jpg

f0gG5RV.jpg

The same area does not look like this in P3D5 or indeed FSXSE. The area is near C077 (horst strip) in Colorado. In P5 I see neat fields and farming circles.

Things I have tried so far:

- uninstall and reinstall of Base, Vector, LC NA (indeed all of the Orbx products I have installed). I also have all the other Orbx LC products.

- verify files

- deletion and regeneration of terrain.cfg

- sync simulator

- checked lclookup file and reinstall of Orbx libraries

- reinstall of P3D4 HF3 client, content and scenery and then reinstall of Orbx products

I just cannot figure out what is wrong with this. Hoping someone can help me out here.

Scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg from program data attached also

scenery.cfg terrain.cfg

Hello,

I doubt that there is a problem with your installation.

Landclass scenery is limited to the number of options, so sometimes the nearest option is chosen.

The topography of the area is broadly correct and if I could reliably read the blurred coordinates, I could

probably show you Google Earth images of what you are seeing as anomalies.

In short, I think that your expectations do not match the product.

Hi Nick,

I have owned Orbx products for many years so I know what my expectations of the products are, and they're not what I am seeing ....

The co-ordinates are N39 58.31 w104 35.70

Here's the top-down view from the sim and then google maps. They don't even look close and there is a water body in the sim in the middle left that isn't in Maps. The LC is all wrong.

4bi8iaa.jpg

5X7oJuc.jpg

Nick,

Are you seriously trying to say that these textures (as I posted in the screenshot) look right to you? There's not even any sign of the circular fields, which I know should be there.  This area is near KDEN which I've visited many times in the sim and it has never looked like what I posted.

And all I am asking for is some help, guidance or pointers as to why my version (at least in my viewing of it) does not look right.

Please post a screenshot of what your sim looks like at this spot, for comparison purposes. Then at least I will be able to see if mine is so different, and maybe you can help me work out why.

As I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue, and nothing has, I am at a bit of a loss as to what I could try next. All I know is that it has never looked like this before so I must have done something wrong and it's ruining my enjoyment of the products.

Thank you kindly.

Jonathan

Hi Nick,

I did a couple of tests today. I restored to a backup image that only has Base, Orbx library and Objectflow installed. This is what I see when I go to the same spot.

Ytekjs8.jpg

I see in the lower highlighted area a small patch of trees and in the upper area some circular fields. So far so good.

Then I installed vector, and compared. Still the same. All good.

Then I installed OLC NA inside the P3Dv4 folder and this is what I now see:

26dugPa.jpg

It is quite clear that the small patch of trees and circular fields are no longer visible and have been overlaid by a slab of some kind of grey texture.  After uninstall of OLC NA it returns to the first image.

So, something is definitely wrong, and I am not sure what it points to. The first image is more what I should be expecting to see after OLC NA has been installed.

If you or anyone else has any insights as to what might be wrong I would be happy to listen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, jonathan said:

Hi Nick,

I did a couple of tests today. I restored to a backup image that only has Base, Orbx library and Objectflow installed. This is what I see when I go to the same spot.

Ytekjs8.jpg

I see in the lower highlighted area a small patch of trees and in the upper area some circular fields. So far so good.

Then I installed vector, and compared. Still the same. All good.

Then I installed OLC NA inside the P3Dv4 folder and this is what I now see:

26dugPa.jpg

It is quite clear that the small patch of trees and circular fields are no longer visible and have been overlaid by a slab of some kind of grey texture.  After uninstall of OLC NA it returns to the first image.

So, something is definitely wrong, and I am not sure what it points to. The first image is more what I should be expecting to see after OLC NA has been installed.

If you or anyone else has any insights as to what might be wrong I would be happy to listen.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for putting all this work in to test different possibilities. I installed LCNA this morning and was aghast at how horrible it looks, going from KDEN to KSFO. But, as this is the first time I've used P3D in NA I had no idea what it was supposed to look like. I'm glad it's not supposed to look basically like the default scenery, which is what I see.

I will go through the same procedures this evening and see if I concur.

Did you get any further in the meantime?

Cheers

On 6/10/2020 at 9:01 AM, jonathan said:

Hi Nick,

I have owned Orbx products for many years so I know what my expectations of the products are, and they're not what I am seeing ....

The co-ordinates are N39 58.31 w104 35.70

Here's the top-down view from the sim and then google maps. They don't even look close and there is a water body in the sim in the middle left that isn't in Maps. The LC is all wrong.

4bi8iaa.jpg

5X7oJuc.jpg

@Nick Cooper see start of the quote. It doesn't really matter too much though; the default-style patchwork is the majority effect everywhere with LC NA installed

On 6/26/2020 at 12:31 AM, TheSledge said:

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for putting all this work in to test different possibilities. I installed LCNA this morning and was aghast at how horrible it looks, going from KDEN to KSFO. But, as this is the first time I've used P3D in NA I had no idea what it was supposed to look like. I'm glad it's not supposed to look basically like the default scenery, which is what I see.

I will go through the same procedures this evening and see if I concur.

Did you get any further in the meantime?

Cheers

Glad I am not the only one. The deafening silence from other users and Orbx was making me think I must be the only one.....

Hello,

I have been watching and occasionally contributing to the topic since it started.

The OLC developer has not replied to my request, so I have not been able to

give you his reply.

OLC products are designed to better represent, not to replicate the topography.

OLC products do not place water bodies and in fact, the waterbodies in question

are indeed placed accurately, despite allegations that they are not, followed by

images that do not show the correct location.

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have been watching and occasionally contributing to the topic since it started.

The OLC developer has not replied to my request, so I have not been able to

give you his reply.

OLC products are designed to better represent, not to replicate the topography.

OLC products do not place water bodies and in fact, the waterbodies in question

are indeed placed accurately, despite allegations that they are not, followed by

images that do not show the correct location.

Nick, 

The issue here is not the placement of the water bodies, despite your insistence that it is.  I have provided several examples of incorrect  LCNA textures above. I have Base and Vector and am quite satisfied that water bodies are in the right place. 

The issue is that the LCNA textures look horrible and are wrong in this location, as quite clearly shown in the pictures I posted above on 6th June. In this case the OLC product is hardly better representing the location, is it? 

Jonathan

On 6/10/2020 at 9:01 AM, jonathan said:

there is a water body in the sim in the middle left that isn't in Maps. The LC is all wrong.

Hello,

apparently you did raise the subject of water bodies.

I will send the open LC developer another message.

Archived