Windsock question - DON'T MERGE!

Let's try asking the question in more general terms!

Why am I seeing functional windsocks in NA open LC and non functional windsocks in AU v2 given that AU v2 was released well after NA open LC?

While I appreciate Nick's desire to be helpful, what I'd like is a response from an Orbx employee who DOES have access to P3D v3 AND knows the answer to my question.

Customers have purchased AU v2 (and other Region products) on the understanding that they support use with P3D v3. But these products have non functional windsocks despite being more recent than NA open LC which DOES have functional windsocks.

Why doesn't Orbx immediately fix the region products to at least have functional windsocks equivalent to that seen in NA open LC?

Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood the situation but I don't appreciate having a topic merged into another one without being asked first!

Nor for that matter do I think topics should be marked as answered without first checking that the topic OP is satisfied the topic is resolved.

Hello,

thanks for the lesson in forum moderation.

You posts are all in one place, except this one and the topic is not marked as Resolved, but as Noted.

I read that Graham has told you in that topic that the matter is in hand,

The broader issue of a V4 windsock being included in V3 products is being resolved separately.

Unfortunately, these AUv2 airports will need to have the very basic and ugly P3D default windsock restored.

so as he is one of our leading experts in airport development, it appears that you have the attention of the

"Orbx employee who DOES have access to P3D v3 AND knows the answer to my question"

Chalk up another win Nick. I'll move on as I can see this is going nowhere fast!

As your last helpful contribution Nick, would you mind deleting my forum account please, lest I'm tempted back at a later date for more punishment!

On the contrary, Graham and his colleagues are working on the problem that

you want to be resolved and you now have two topics.

There is no need to delete your account, just don't use it if you don't want to.

I still see no loss to you in merging your two other topics, all your posts are

there for all to read and it is receiving attention.

I am sorry that you seem to have taken a little forum moderation as a personal slight.

Archived