AUSv2 issue after update

I was getting it, I uninstalled and reinstalled last night and i think the message has gone now.  Bit of a nuisance.  If you're happy to just OK the message for the time being I'm sure a fix will be forthcoming that doesn't involve a new download.

running Sync Simulator should fix this.

If it does not, please go to

Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\OF_Config.xml and

delete the contents only, not the file itself.

Then run Sync Simulator again.

Doesn't work for me - the v4.5HF2 splash screen up for a couple of minutes and then the sim closes itself (and disappears from Task Manager).

In my case, the now dysfunctional product is installed in the sim folder (not a library).

Looking forward to a fix.

55 minutes ago, Chris Wright said:

Doesn't work for me - the v4.5HF2 splash screen up for a couple of minutes and then the sim closes itself (and disappears from Task Manager).

In my case, the now dysfunctional product is installed in the sim folder (not a library).

Looking forward to a fix.

Hello,

yours is a different problem, I think.

Try renaming your scenery.cfg file and see if P3D will open with a default one.

If it will not, try doing the same with your Prepar3D.cfg file.

i have deinstalled & reinstalled Australia V2 = issue is still here

running Sync Simulator = issue is here
I have no idea how should I change the content of an xml file. My question: Can you place here a download link with the customized xml file here ???

Julio,

are you sure everything is ok now?

I wonder about the size of the new "OF_Config.xml". Is it really zero (0) ?

Shouldn't all installed Orbx sceneries be listed in there?

Or am I wrong?

I dont know. Now 9KB. Keine Ahnung jetzt hat die Datei 9KB. Ich habe wie ich verstanden habe der Inhlat komplett gelöscht. Wenn man der Inhalt eine Datei löscht sollte meine Meinung nach 0KB haben oder??????

P.s Aber weil vorsichtig bin hatte ich vorher eine Kopie der "fehlerhafte" XML Datei. Die Kopie ist noch da.

Hello Nick and Graham,

I'm a bit lost. I'm running P3Dv4.5 HF3. Installed latest AU2 update and getting same note/error as above in posting #1.

Going through your suggestions I cannot solve the problem.

My former "OF_Config.xml" had following two entries in connection with AU2:

<Path>Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_04_CS-MELBOURNE\scenery</Path>
<Path>Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery</Path>

Do I have to delete these ones?

If yes, that's all or do I have to insert new entries?

If yes, could you please post necessary new entries here?

57 minutes ago, Dieter said:

Do I have to delete these ones?

If yes, that's all or do I have to insert new entries?

If yes, could you please post necessary new entries here?

Nein Dieter, das musst Du nicht löschen.

Just follow this workaround here and all will be fine:

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Thanks.

The second run of "sync simulator" will build up a new .xml, so you can really delete its entire content before.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Thanks Nick

The highlighted step did the trick, as first step didn't work. Solved

Cheers

Carlos

6 hours ago, Tamba765 said:

We shouldn't have to do all these work arounds. Please fix the problem!

Like what Tamba765 said, please guys just give us a fix without all the technical labour stuff that I have no clue what you are talking about.

Just give me something so I can push a button in Orbx Central and the issue goes away please.

VHGJG, be rest assured this is a very simple fix.

1. Go to your Orbx folder in the Prepar3d v4 folder

2. Open FTX_AU

3. Open FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder

4. Open Scenery folder

5. Find OF_Config.xml (it is at top of the list in my folder. If you are concerned right click on it and Copy then paste it into a folder on your system disk as backup. Not really necessary as you will see below that Orbx Sync Simulator will re-build it for you.

6. Right click it and select Open With > Notepad

7. You will now see a lot of what will look like mumbo jumbo. Select it all. Hit your delete key. The file should now be empty. Go to "FILE" at the top of Notepad and click on Save. The file is now empty of any data.

8. Go now to Orbx Central. Up the top of the right hand side you will see a gear wheel symbol. Click on it. Under Settings APP you will see Help. Click on that and you will see the box Sync Simulator. Click on that and your 1 or 2 minutes work is over. The error is now gone.

I hope this helps those whose computer skills are a little less than some of us.

1 hour ago, BernieFlyer said:

2. Open FTX_AU

4. Open Scenery folder

5. Find OF_Config.xml (it is at top of the list in my folder. If you are concerned right click on it and Copy then paste it into a folder on your system disk as backup. Not really necessary as you will see below that Orbx Sync Simulator will re-build it for you.

7. You will now see a lot of what will look like mumbo jumbo. Select it all. Hit your delete key. The file should now be empty. Go to "FILE" at the top of Notepad and click on Save. The file is now empty of any data.

8. Go now to Orbx Central. Up the top of the right hand side you will see a gear wheel symbol. Click on it. Under Settings APP you will see Help. Click on that and you will see the box Sync Simulator. Click on that and your 1 or 2 minutes work is over. The error is now gone.

I hope this helps those whose computer skills are a little less than some of us.

Thanks, it worked, took longer than 1-2 minutes tho, but that is well and truly due to my computer skills being less than some lol 

14 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

2. Open FTX_AU

4. Open Scenery folder

I had the same issue ! I have followed your instructions and now everything is back to Normal , no more error !

Thank you very much :)

No patch is required. This issue can be resolved by deleting the file OF_Config.xml from the Orbx/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery folder in P3D and then running Sync Simulator within Orbx Central.

The Sync Simulator process will reinstate your ObjectFlow config file to how it should be. The Sync Simulator process was developed to resolve issues such as these.

I understand the work around. But with the amount of money we pay Orbx (developers can check my account history if they want) we shouldn’t have to go in and edit files. The patch shouldn’t have been released if it was causing a missing file/error message.

I first ran Sync Simulator. The problem didn’t go away.

Based on instructors from Orbx personnel I then went in and deleted all text in OF_Config.xml and saved the file. That’s editing a file.

then ran Sync Simulator again.

The issue seems to have disappeared now.

I work in client relations. When a company makes a mistake (as this was) they should just own up to it and apologize. It makes things better for everyone :)

So, we are being told that we do need to ‘ edit ‘ any files but to ‘ delete ‘ some file. Same thing! It requires users to mess with files rather than issue a fix that does this for you.. I really do not like messing with files on my computer from paid software. I’m sure there are many users for whom this isn’t a big deal but as a principal it should not be up to users to ‘ fix ‘ stuff  that is caused by the software itself.

I did ask, it did not crop up in any testing, I am told.

The answer was that we will check but as it is a long weekend in Australia, it will not be done straight away.

It's the Queen's Birthday, you might have noticed the sale.

In the meantime, the message does no harm and once acknowledged, the products all work as they did before.

Or, you could just delete the file and run Sync Simulator. The choice is entirely yours.

I must of course apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you and thank all the customers who

just deleted the file and ran Sync Simulator for their forbearance.

Archived