Big Light Blue Triangles in my Orbx scenery

I purchased and installed Florida scenery.  The installation of Orbx central was uneventful.  The download completed without error.  When I fly across Florida multiple large light blue triangles consistently appear over large segments of the state.  This happens all the time.  Here is what it looks like zoomed out: https://ibb.co/4S2yxKM

I use X-Plane 11.41r1 on a Windows 10 Machine, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core Processor, 32GB RAM machine. At the time of the "Blue Triagles" windows reports only 16GB or RAM utilized. and CPU utilization at 16-20%.  The GPU is an Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti with 11GB RAM. 

Scenery chunk missing.PNG

Log.txt

Edited by ravenblade
added log

Thank you for the reply and the warm welcome.  I Use Central to download the libraries, but I do not allow Central to manage my complicated custom scenery directory.  Once downloaded, I manually moved the 4 directories to my custom scenery folder and ordered them at the top of my scenery_packs.ini file as:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_TE_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Florida_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravenblade said:

Thank you for the reply and the warm welcome.  I Use Central to download the libraries, but I do not allow Central to manage my complicated custom scenery directory.  Once downloaded, I manually moved the 4 directories to my custom scenery folder and ordered them at the top of my scenery_packs.ini file as:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_TE_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Florida_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos/

If you have placed them manually to the top of the scenery_packs.ini then you have placed them incorrectly.

The TE Florida airports needs to go above Global Airports and the 3 TE Florida scenery files need to go directly below Global Airports.

• 1 year later...

I had this problem for a long time. I found that installing skymaxx pro has pretty much solved the problem for me. I think it has something to do with the visibility draw distance the weather engine uses.

Edited by marts10

It could be draw distance limitations within XP but also I have  informed customers in the past that it can also relate to  the PC specs in that the CPU/GPU combo cannot load the scenery as fast as required when flying a jetliner at speed. Flying low and slow in the same area in for example the default Cessna 172 does not invoke the blue triangles in most reported cases.

Just wanting to assure people it ids not an inherent issue in the addon itself like missing files or a corrupted download.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I just want to share this with anyone who is having the Blue blocks not loading in. Go to X-Plane 11--Output--Preferences. Then go down to your X-Plane PICS Rules File. Open it with notepad or whatever you use to edit your scenery pack file with. once you have opened it scroll down to renopt_planet 1. Now edit it to renopt_planet 0. you may need to do this ecah time you dump your Preferences. Hope it works as well for you guys as it has for me.

regards 

Martin.

Edited by marts10
  • Like 1