announcement Lights, Camera, Action! Announcing Hollywood Burbank for P3Dv4+

Did you model the red and white stacks at the power plant just SE of Whiteman?  The Four Stacks Visual into KBUR is one of my favorite approaches.  Orbx SoCal just has a single generic stack.

This looks to be a nice challenge for flying in and out of there due to high terrain around the airport.

Will you model the large structure (factory?) that is used as a reference for the Four Stacks Visual Approach? That would be perfect!

WOW !!! I can see my apartment near Burbank Airport. They even have my company water tank tower logo (Disney) right.

I just hope the performance is good, using SoCal with the Los Angeles autogen surroundings, it takes a toll on the sim which is not enjoyable in some cases with the killer frame.

• Like 2

Funny thing, I was just landing at LOWI Innsbruck yesterday and said to myself, gee I wish we

could have more Orbx airports of this sort of quality and whamo! here we are.

Really looking forward to the release in the not too distant future. Well done team.

Kevin

From the days as a child with my mom taking me to the fence at the end of runway 15 watching the planes depart over heard to 18 years later down the road me working for the Airlines there for 7 years, BUR will always be my home airport and hold a special place and im absolutely thrilled we will finally have a FANTASTIC scenery for my little hometown in the sim. Thank you Orbx!

• Like 1

You truly must be kidding us.  DUDE MODELLED HALF OF LA!!!

This is incredible!  Even for Orbx this is amazing!!  If I have to go out and rob a liquor store, I am getting this on day 1.

• Like 1

Great place to fly to!!

But is there any chance for a "heavy" version of Van Nuys? For years I've been thinking KVNY would be the perfect addition to the Orbx style airports in the US, even kind of a "base" for GA flying in the whole virtual region.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 3:55 AM, DeeJay said:

Great place to fly to!!

But is there any chance for a "heavy" version of Van Nuys? For years I've been thinking KVNY would be the perfect addition to the Orbx style airports in the US, even kind of a "base" for GA flying in the whole virtual region.

totally agree.

OMG! What I see coming is fantastic to improve the Orbx Souhtern California !!!!
But ask that you have V. 4.4 .... minimum.

System Requirements

Minimum

Physically based rendering (PBR) requires Prepar3D Version 4.4 and above.

How can I know which version 4 .... do I have? ... I hope your help, please !!!

Edited by Tarval

With P3D running choose Help from the menu bar on top and then choose About Lockheed Martin in the drop down.  You will then see the version along with other info.  I think the first two numbers (e.g. 4.5.xxxxx) are the version number  and the rest of the numbers are the release number or something like that.

Rod 

• Like 1