There was a problem loading the scenery package

Hello, I'm quite new to Orbx and just recently installed the Northern California HD scenery, but when I load up X-Plane it gives me this error in the top right,

There was a problem loading the scenery package

Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/

The scenery may not look correct.

Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.

This only happened when I installed Orbx after reinstalling X-Plane with 0 plugins and just add-on aircraft so far. I have searched around and have not yet found a fix for this yet, so if there is anyone that know what might be causing the problem please help, thanks!

Orbx Error.jpg

Welcome.

Please attach the XP log file found in the XP directory. Attach it and not a pic of it please. Just drag a copy to the paper clip icon where it says Drag files here to attach, or choose files.

You could also try running the XP installer agains as it would pick out missing files and reload tehm for you. The default atc file folder is a XPlane file not an Orbx one.

Also what version of XP are you running?

10 hours ago, Viking20 said:

Alright the log file should be attached, I am currently running X-Plane 11.41r1 (build 114100 64-bit). That's weird though, Orbx would do something funny because it was working perfectly fine before Orbx was installed.

Log.txt 64.99 kB · 1 download

Looking at your log it is stating it cannot find a file that comes with XP.

Here is the error message:

0:00:45.689 E/ATC: Could not find ATC Voice zip pack Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.zip referenced by:

Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.voc

My pic below shows the location of those 2 referenced files in my installation.

Please open your Resources/default scenery/default atc dat folder and confirm if those files exist in your installation.

Also please attach your scenery_packs.ini as I need to rearrange it slightly as the layering sequence could be optimised.

Capture.thumb.JPG.05774e7dc942375d488ed301a87b8012.JPG

Interesting, when I go to that directory only "default_pilot.voc" is there, not the zip file you have in your directory. I have also attached my .ini file. I use xOrgainzer for all scenery so it should be fine. Thank you for finding the issue, now we just need to see how to get that file again. Thanks!

scenery_packs.ini

4 hours ago, Viking20 said:

Interesting, when I go to that directory only "default_pilot.voc" is there, not the zip file you have in your directory. I have also attached my .ini file. I use xOrgainzer for all scenery so it should be fine. Thank you for finding the issue, now we just need to see how to get that file again. Thanks!

scenery_packs.ini 2.12 kB · 0 downloads

I attach a revised scenery_packs.ini for you to place in your Custom Scenery folder.

Regarding the default_pilot zip folder I am afraid it has nothing to do with Orbx as it is solely a Laminar XP file.

I suggest you run the XP installer which will read your existing files and download any files it finds missing. Make sure when you run the installer that you have the Beta option unticked

scenery_packs.ini

Thank you so much for helping me out the whole time, I appreciate it. As far as the scenery_packs.ini I will download and use that from now on, thank you for fixing that for me. And I installed X-Plane through Steam but was hesitant to verify the files because I didn't know if it would mess with anything I installed. But I did verify the files and it fixed my issue! Once again thanks for helping me solve this annoying issue!

1 minute ago, Viking20 said:

Thank you so much for helping me out the whole time, I appreciate it. As far as the scenery_packs.ini I will download and use that from now on, thank you for fixing that for me. And I installed X-Plane through Steam but was hesitant to verify the files because I didn't know if it would mess with anything I installed. But I did verify the files and it fixed my issue! Once again thanks for helping me solve this annoying issue!

That's good news. 

• 7 months later...

Jon,

I just downloaded and installed  the Orbx TrueEarth Canary Islands, Balaeric Islands and a bunch of other Orbx airports.

Upon trying to spawn at the La Palma airport, I got the problem loading the scenery package.

Attached is the log file. 

Can you please tell me what's going on?

Martin

Log.txt

10 hours ago, SkylanePilot said:

Jon,

I just downloaded and installed  the Orbx TrueEarth Canary Islands, Balaeric Islands and a bunch of other Orbx airports.

Upon trying to spawn at the La Palma airport, I got the problem loading the scenery package.

Attached is the log file. 

Can you please tell me what's going on?

Martin

Log.txt 190 kB · 0 downloads

I also request a new topic is started please rather than piggy backing an old resolved issue which was resolved. Thanks

Archived