No HD option for TE Washington P3D?

29 minutes ago, Captain Nick said:

Just wondering why the Xplane versions got an HD and SD version and the new P3D version is similar to the Xplane SD one? I was hoping for the increased clarity at low level cub type flying a higher level Ortho would provide.

Not sure what your basis is for making this statement.  I believe TrueEarth Washington is HD.  There is no SD version.  Both the TE US Washington XP11 HD version and the P3D  version are advertised by Orbx as providing "Sharp and Detailed Ultra-HD10-meter mesh".  P3D compacts its scenery files almost 4 times tighter than XP11 files.   So 50 GB of TrueEarth P3D scenery files would produce about 200 GB of TrueEarth XP11 scenery files.  

Rod  

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Not sure what your basis is for making this statement.  I believe TrueEarth Washington is HD.  There is no SD version.  Both the TE US Washington XP11 HD version and the P3D  version are advertised by Orbx as providing "Sharp and Detailed Ultra-HD10-meter mesh".  P3D compacts its scenery files almost 4 times tighter than XP11 files.   So 50 GB of TrueEarth P3D scenery files would produce about 200 GB of TrueEarth XP11 scenery files.  

Rod  

It might just be that data compression that is not rendering out, as clear as in XP to Captain Nick's needs and/or expectations.  Just a thought....

I will have to revisit my install of TE Washington SD in Xplane 11 to revalidate. I went with the SD version for xplane due to the hard drive space as it is my once in a blue moon sim vs P3D which is my everyday sim, which I don’t mind eating up hundreds of gigs if I need to. But maybe it is the compression. 

also I don’t want anyone to take it as an attack etc it was more a question due to my initial flights in P3D with it.

I guess the reason, why there is just one TE WA in P3d ist, that P3d is much more efficient in handling of disk spaces than XP11.

Following the disk spaces the installed products require for TE Washington:

XP HD: 208,82 GB

XP SD: 57,61 GB

P3d HD: 53,56 GB

So IMO, since TE HD for P3d already takes less space than TE SD for XP, there is actually no need for a P3d SD version.

Archived