Club Med

This flight is going to cover numerous holiday destinations in the mediterranean. Starting from Heraklion, Crete...

iaCNUYy.jpg

gextpLe.jpg

bxIKjbD.jpg

... along the islands north coast, here at Rethymno (with quite an overview across Greece´s biggest island), ...

PrrKg7D.jpg

... towards the Peloponnes.

yOqXryT.jpg

At the end of the bay to the right there are Nauplio and Tolon. As students we have spent some vacations there, driving down Yugoslavia with a VW Bus and sleeping in tents.

fthMjtg.jpg

The northwestern end of the Peloponnes sees Olympia, where the ancient games were held and the fire is enlightened every 4 years. Actually the torch is waiting somewhere in Japan for the antidot to that new virus. 

QE0SLyM.jpg

A slight region change: This is Calabria, the bottom end of the Italian "boot".

AVLOkTa.jpg

Leaving italy we face a race. The airbus below is another Aegean Air service, from Athens to Barcelona, ...

JMi8oph.jpg

... but we are heading for Sardegna...

l0XKeNS.jpg

... ready to land at Olbia.

7PTZUDP.jpg

Beautiful bays...

QbHTPyS.jpg

... and the city has a fantastic location.

TGXtetH.jpg

After a quick deboarding...

8T8pYe9.jpg

8s0uYXb.jpg

... we find ourselves outside the terminal.

XwtNpk8.jpg

Oh, that seems to be a place with a good focus here!

vEjlIIa.jpg

2 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Another great set of images from a virtual tour, 

At least we can travel virtually - and it is much cheaper!.

Thank you for commenting, Ebo. Virtual travels have not been much cheaper than the real ones in the time before Corona: Return flight to Crete was about 200 EUR for me, and Olbia went with Easyjet. Apartments or B&Bs were also as acceptable as most of the restaurants. But now the times have changed...

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent tour of The Med Gerold with so many places I had never heard of.

The trip in the VW sounds like a great way to see the sights..

Well Martyn, that is just my backyard. Once OLC Asia is released (@Orbx: The sooner the better!) you can return with your Southeast Asia knowledge :rolleyes:.

Travelling in the VW was not intended for sights made of stone or other inorganic material. Basically Ethanol or more complex carbon-based attractions B).

1 hour ago, Hauer said:

Great series... well done, Gerold!

Herman :rolleyes:

PS. That welcoming billboard looks so inviting! :lol:

Thanks Herman. It does look good, but I forgot why I went there... :D

33 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Nice flight Gerold :) black and white ... maybe a new chess game advertising ... What else :lol:

Now I understood, Jean Marc. I though of a whisky announcement...

46 minutes ago, Stillwater said:
3 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Another great set of images from a virtual tour, 

At least we can travel virtually - and it is much cheaper!.

Thank you for commenting, Ebo. Virtual travels have not been much cheaper than the real ones in the time before Corona: Return flight to Crete was about 200 EUR for me, and Olbia went with Easyjet. Apartments or B&Bs were also as acceptable as most of the restaurants. But now the times have changed...

I guess so, if one needs to upgrade the PC. That is at least is an once off purchase (for a while at least ;))

But you have to eat, irrespective of flying or not.

17 minutes ago, adambar said:

The last shot sure looks like a good place to stop and get a bite to eat, ahem, and take in the view. :rolleyes::D

Great set once again Gerold. :)

Not easy to stop there: It is just a turn of 180° to the shot before, so there is nothing than taxis and a road... much better to go to the city center, get a bite there and enjoy natures beauties walking by...

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool tour again Gerold, and I love that last shot.

Thank you Jack. Sorry for not using a yellow plan, but I am happy black&white meet your taste as well!

12 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi gerold you don't make a stop to Corsica, LFKB,  i will ofer you a cedratine drink at home :)

Wait and see, Patrick... perhaps you should have some vin vrac at hands... B)

Archived