SoCal HD Crashes in XP-11...!!!

Hello, my sim friends.  To begin, I have a relatively new Macbook Pro with Catalina OS.  With that said, I was VERY excited to purchase and download the Orbx SoCal HD.  However, when running X-Plane 11 after selecting the SoCal airport of my choice to begin, it crashes midway through the loading process.  Next thing that appears is my computer desktop and asking if I want to relaunch X-Plane. 

This has been extremely frustrating as I've tried everything, including moving all of my custom scenery files to a backup folder and starting from scratch.  Still, the same thing.

I could really use some help.  Thanks, everyone.  -Paul

8 hours ago, nocover said:

Hello, my sim friends.  To begin, I have a relatively new Macbook Pro with Catalina OS.  With that said, I was VERY excited to purchase and download the Orbx SoCal HD.  However, when running X-Plane 11 after selecting the SoCal airport of my choice to begin, it crashes midway through the loading process.  Next thing that appears is my computer desktop and asking if I want to relaunch X-Plane. 

This has been extremely frustrating as I've tried everything, including moving all of my custom scenery files to a backup folder and starting from scratch.  Still, the same thing.

I could really use some help.  Thanks, everyone.  -Paul

Please attach your XP Log file, not a pic of it but as an attachment please.

4 hours ago, nocover said:

Attached are both the backup .ini file before installation and the current file.  Thanks!  -Paul

scenery_packs.ini.backup-Orbx 3.24 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 863 B · 0 downloads

I was asking for the XP log which is in the XP directory. I will of course take a look at the scenery_packs you attached, but need the XP Log created immediately after you have this mentioned crash. It should tell us what is going wrong. Thanks

Capture.thumb.JPG.226bb3435e69d96c39ea99e6cdd62f3c.JPG

33 minutes ago, nocover said:

Thanks, for your patience, Jon.  I'm new to this.  Attached is the log.  -PaulLog.txt

A couple of points. There is no support for XP 11.50 beta nor any beta version of a sim that has Orbx addons.

However, I use 11.50 all the time so i will advise you of the following.

If you are going to use 11.50 remove the SeasonsXP folder. I notice from the log file that yopu only have currently installed TE SoCal and OrbxLibsXP.

SeasonsXP does nothing at all in ortho type scenery so is wasted in your current installation. It is designed for default scenery only. It is probably also not compatible with 11.50 b9.

This is the error message in your XP Log that indicates the problem:

:00:01.958 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:01.958 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/SeasonsXP/
0:00:01.958 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:01.958 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:01.958 E/SYS: | (io_locate.cpp:564)

Again looking at your Log your PC specs are not suitable to running 11.50b9. 

Please confirm that you have a Nvidia 750M GPU and a CPU running at 2.8GHz

If that is correct you may also struggle with OpenGL 11.40 version without lowering your XP settings

You may wish to consider the SD version which you will have for free since you bought the HD version. It is only 49GB in size when installed, loads quicker, and you will not see much difference in texture quality from above 2000ft. It is what I use an it allows me to have higher XP settings.

Also this link may be of interest to you:

https://questions.x-plane.com/5194/will-my-macbook-pro-be-able-to-run-x-plane-11

2 hours ago, nocover said:

Hey Jon,

How do I get the SD version?  I can't find it.  Thanks!  -Paul

Sign in to Orbx direct and purchase the SD version. It should show as 0.00 cost. Add to your account and then use Orbx Central to download.

5 hours ago, nocover said:

Last question...  Would a VR headset solve the HD issue?  Is there one you recommend?  HTC vs Oculus?  

Sorry I can't afford a VR set so have no suggestions:lol:

VR requires more resources so no it would make things worse potentially. Save your money initially and then up grade your PC is my best suggestion.

Archived