South American airports

perohijo

Hello guys.

I'm one of those big fans of Orbx scenery, and if I could right know I would buy all your scenery but alas, it has to be done in strides, one by one, but I digress. I can understand that every product has to go through a marketing decision process before is even considered for development, but I just wondering why ALL of south America, excluding the open LC, has been ignored with not a single airport developed.I belong to a few groups of Latin American enthusiast who fly around South America, and I can tell you, there are quite a few.

One would think that there are plenty of potential customers for that area, I'm one of them of course, that could make that market profitable. The mountains, valleys and the spectacular views than can be found all across South America should be enticing enough to at least consider creating at the very least some regional airports. In my particular case, been a native from Colombia, I can assure you that it would be worth it. Granted, there a few developers now coming up with some airports, but the quality is questionably at best. I'm pretty sure many of us had seen them here and there, but anyway I think I would be trilled if I could fly those mountains and land on an airport that looks like the real thing and not a lifeless and cartoonish looking one.

Just a thought

Thanks 

1 hour ago, perohijo said:

One would think that there are plenty of potential customers for that area, I'm one of them of course, that could make that market profitable.

Agreeing to what you say, I got to add one more thing:

Sales of a region do not only come from those potential customers who live and run their computer there. It also comes from those who travel there or who want to traver there virtually or like the geography.

The same applies to Asia: Orbx quality would be an instant buy for me, though I do not live there.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Agreeing to what you say, I got to add one more thing:

Sales of a region do not only come from those potential customers who live and run their computer there. It also comes from those who travel there or who want to traver there virtually or like the geography.

The same applies to Asia: Orbx quality would be an instant buy for me, though I do not live there.

Yes Stillwater, I fly too all over the world, and it's a pity that Asia must wait for an Open_LC, at the least.

I love to see more sceneries for South America, in my case as new developer I found a little bit complicated get the resources to do a scenery or an airport. For example I'm trying to do SLLP and SLVR, the main problem (for me) is get the aerial imagery, I can not use Google or Bing or similar and trying to buy the aerial imagery is very expensive, at that point I'm not sure if I should do because what happen If I don't earn enough to cover the investment. But I could be wrong of course :)

Archived