Where histories start - or become remembered

Jerusalem.

In OLC really looking like a mediterranean city.

Ez5zcWe.jpg

GQEB58r.jpg

This should be the old city, with sacred places for three religions. I could only spot the Dome of The Rock, but places like the Via Dolorosa and the Western Wall should also be on this picture.

mA91OaW.jpg

In the right area of this picture is Yad Vashem. Lest we forget. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yad_Vashem

Z9gw9U6.jpg

The landscape changes a lot on the short hop down the coast to our next station...

OeIuCWc.jpg

Great shots indeed Gerold. Another inspiring geographical lesson:). On this note: Angus the elderly Scot was on a holiday in Israel and he was going on a boat cruise around the see of Galilee so he asked: "How much for a tour around the Lake?: The captain replied:"Two hundred dollars". Angus:o"What that much? No wonder Jesus walked".(Sorry Guys:unsure:) Bless our wonderful Scots.:D 

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots indeed Gerold. Another inspiring geographical lesson:). On this note: Angus the elderly Scot was on a holiday in Israel and he was going on a boat cruise around the see of Galilee so he asked: "How much for a tour around the Lake?: The captain replied:"Two hundred dollars". Angus:o"What that much? No wonder Jesus walked".(Sorry Guys:unsure:) Bless our wonderful Scots.:D 

Good one Karl, for my next trick I will need 5 loaves and 2 fishes!:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, boetie said:

Great shots Gerold. You've done a lot of African miles recently and taught us a lot. Thank you.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme - you are welcome!

7 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

You've been busy Gerold!  Nice sets!

Indeed, JJJ. But I have been on "vacation at home" for 2 weeks, so I could virtually fly a lot.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

SO much to see here Gerold, a wonderful tour of this historic area.

Thanks Martyn. In reality there would be much more in that area, nut this is the closest we can do at present...

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Divine shots Gerold . :);):D

You nail it, John. So close together, and still so much conflict.

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

I do not see any joke here, Karl :D. But I have to turn off the screen now, the energy is too expensive >:D :banghead:.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Martyn. In reality there would be much more in that area, nut this is the closest we can do at present...

It is only OLC Gerold so you aren't going to get a great deal of special details but it is a huge step up from Global Base.

Remember how excited we were when GB was released all those years ago!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

It is only OLC Gerold so you aren't going to get a great deal of special details but it is a huge step up from Global Base.

Remember how excited we were when GB was released all those years ago!

Correct, Martyn. And I do not expect too many POIs in an OLC product, but I like anything we get. Full fat regions for Africa and Asia won´t probably sell much, but POI packs could be a chance?!

4 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Beautiful looking shots.

Must admit, that I have never flown over Israel. :-[

Thanks for commenting, Eberhard. OLC makes it all possible for us, but there is still a bit of Africa left...

Archived