Aprons, Parking, Taxiways displaced in Global Freeware

Just switched to 4.5.14 a few days ago.  Haven't seen this before, but could easily have previously missed this issue.

I am finding displaced aprons, parking and taxiways in Global Freeware airports.  Runways, object, backgrounds all else seems good (or, maybe those are the displaced ones :huh:)

So far, only two found:

CYYQ / Churchill  in the overhead view

CYYQ.thumb.jpg.b3ac02d62a9886eb34195bf9034ad50e.jpg

from Google Earth

CYYQ_google.thumb.jpg.79d2b4a3258650ffe61ae8aa52585ad3.jpg

KINL / Falls Intl. in overhead

KINL_overhead.thumb.jpg.70939aedab1851d0ca3820ef23af3dad.jpg

Google Earth:

KINL_google.jpg.c432bce050e76bd857c24a1999aa5695.jpg

And a closeup, to show the taxiways and parking

KINL_close.thumb.jpg.c839681fb2e1925d7dbe8236f6b87c11.jpg

CYYQ Churchill looks as it should on my system.  Will check KINL for you.

Stew

Edit to add:  My version of KINL looks ok, but it doesn't resemble your version at all.  No cars, lots of extra buildings--the two are not the same.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  I suspect an addon might be interfering somehow. 

It was generous for you to take the time to look, Stewart, thank you.

I have not installed any scenery for either of these airports.  (And I wouldn't, because the Global Freeware generally exceeds other freeware.)

Searching for CYYQ in my P3D and scenery folders shows only these files:

<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYYQ.bgl
<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYYQ_CVX.bgl
<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_CYYQ_objects.bgl

<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_CYYQ.bgl

And for KINL:

<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_KINL.bgl
<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_KINL_CVX.bgl
<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_KINL_objects.bgl

<P3D>\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_KINL.bgl

Hello, again.  I am at a loss why my KINL doesn't look at all like your version:  I have no cars, the alignment of the buildings adjoining the parking ramp is not the same, and I have no buildings on the other side of runway 22.  That being said, working from memory,  the taxiways and runways are all aligned correctly (though I think I'm missing a taxiway, as I recall), with no gaps or misalignments, etc.  CYYQ, on the other hand looks pretty close to Google Earth's rendition.  If a developer could weigh in here, he might be able to clear this up.  I'm concerned that my version of KINL is so unlike yours, to be honest.

Also, I believe all those bgl files you have listed are correct and the only ones for those airports.

Stew

Hey, Dale.  I have discovered why my KINL was deficient of all those cars and static airplanes, etc.  I use SimStarter NG to construct different profiles of different regions/areas of the world--USA, Canada, Northern Europe, etc.  I had failed, somehow, to enable the Global Airports package for the USA, so the version of KINL I was looking at previously was the default.  I now see everything that's supposed to be there, and the layout of the entire airport looks like that in Google Earth.  Sorry that this doesn't help your alignment problem, but it explains why I was not seeing KINL correctly.  CYYQ, however, is correct still--again I can't help you with that misaligned part of the runway/taxiway structure.  I might suggest a uninstall/reinstall of the package.  That's the best I can come up with.

Stew

Okay, I figured it out.  

fsAerodata install was still active and layered above some add-on scenery, including the Orbx installation.

For those not familiar, fsAerodata is is a product which keeps comms and navaids, approaches, SIDS, STARS, (some) airways up to date.  It is in addition to Navigraph or NavDataPro, because those later two do not alter the information in the simulator base bgls, whereas fsAerodata will do so.  It does so with bgls that (like others in the scenery sandwich) override those farther down the list.

The important point here, is that the basis for these replacement bgls is the simulator base airports.  Any add-on scenery below the fsAerodata [aka FSAD] install will be again replaced by default airport data, or as my case shows, there can be interference or a mixture.  (As an aside, Stewart, your gut instinct was correct.  I had forgotten about this special case of non-airport "scenery" that replaced airport bgls.)

Confirmed that merely by activating or de-activating the fsAeroData "sceneries", the problem will toggle.

It is still possible to have up-to-date approach procedures, for any desired airport . . . which in practice means the default airports, because who wants their expensive scenery addon back to the sim default just to have correct procedures in the default GPS?

SOLUTION:  Layer the FSAD directories just above the simulator base scenery layers:

solution.png.1c9cdea5592636defc5353b318ef5c11.png

For anyone using the freeware product from aero.sors.ft, I vaguely seem to recall similar problems.  However, as that system (at least formerly) installed replacement bgls, there is no layering option.

Obviously, neither an Orbx nor P3D problem.  (But, someone might find it useful.)

Now, how to mark this solved???

Good flights, All,

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Aprons, Parking, Taxiways displaced in Global Freeware

Archived