OpenLC Africa free layered at top of scenery

B77X

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 3. Windows 10 Pro

The release announcement of OpenLC Africa mesh and photoreal confuses me. Existing customers of OpenLC Africa should download this to get the photoreal area? Did I read that right?

And the layer of photoreal and mesh is not layered with Orbx products it goes to the top of my scenery library each time.

And to add to this: installing the new Global Africa Mesh and Photoreal adds the same files as are already mentioned above by Global Open LC Africa in a new layer. Now I have two scenery entries with the same files:

OLC_AF-mesh Orbx Global openLC Africa (layered on top of the scenery library)

Orbx!OPENLC_AFRICA_MESH (layered correctly under the other openLC entries further down the scenery library)

Which one can be deleted and why isn't this done by Orbx while installing, because you advertise your products are correctly layered via Orbx Central? I already did a "Sync Simulator" action and also a new layering by performing the "Insertion Point" option.

Regards

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, ralfy124 said:

And to add to this: installing the new Global Africa Mesh and Photoreal adds the same files as are already mentioned above by Global Open LC Africa in a new layer.

Regards

Ralf

Good finding - waiting for official feedback.

From what I know, mesh can go anywhere in your scenery library. The Sim always use the best mesh you have regardless of where it is located in the library. I might be wrong but that is what I remember...

3 hours ago, merlinux said:

From what I know, mesh can go anywhere in your scenery library. The Sim always use the best mesh you have regardless of where it is located in the library. I might be wrong but that is what I remember...

You are absolutly right, but twice the same mesh, seams a bit  too much, even when at different layer ;D

Gérard

I had the same issue and solved it by uninstalling both, then reinstalling OpenLC Africa followed by the Mesh and Photoreal. The new installation of OpenLC Africa no longer included those files which are now in the Freeware pack. See the following thread for more:

Simpy updating did not remove the duplicate files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 12:13 PM, PropJob said:

I had the same issue and solved it by uninstalling both, then reinstalling OpenLC Africa followed by the Mesh and Photoreal. The new installation of OpenLC Africa no longer included those files which are now in the Freeware pack. See the following thread for more:

Simpy updating did not remove the duplicate files.

Having both installs still puts 2 same named entries

"Orbx!OpenLC_Africa2"

I see this post is marked as "Answered" but I don't see a formal answer. I have almost all the Global Orbx products, and since installing the freeware mesh and photoreal addon, have been struggling with horrible terrain loading issues, for example on a short flight from FALA in Johannesburg to FALE, Durban, terrain and textures around FALA look amazing, but once in the cruise, suddenly terrain textures appear not to load correctly at all, with horrible blurry unrendered imagery. Have also replicated this around Bloemfontein and Cape Town, as well as George and East London. Have uninstalled both, reinstalled the payware Landclass, then the freeware mesh, still see duplication of files and the issue persists. Any chance of some formal investigation and feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Archived