Smurfs on the way to the Pyramids

Brussels Airlines used to have a great service on board, and they still have a good sense for spectacular belgian liveries. In addition, they have a strong network to Africa. So this seemed to be a proper plane for a jump out of Faya Largeau, Chad.

8jSOGvW.jpg

49YlYbq.jpg

Unfortunately the updated Aerosoft bus did not capture the CPU flight plan at all, so I had to work all the way manually. Over unsafe terrain as well. This is Kufra, Libya.

Puggj8b.jpg

Can you tell me why so many tribes, warlords and even countries are fighting for these deserts? Is is just that black stinking liquid that is usually burned?

PCsZixz.jpg

Quite an oasis on the ground, this is Faiyum, Egypt.

Pu9otNw.jpg

And this is Cairo, with the Gizeh pyramids in the background and some nice city details below.

RdqjhPV.jpg

As mentioned by another forum member already, Cairo Intl. airport shows some elevation issues https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/189812-lcafrica-mesh-and-cairo-airport/?tab=comments#comment-1638808 . But it can be landed and taxied without trouble. Trouble will come when all these smurfs come over to explore the Pyramids, I can only recommend for all other tourists to keep off there now!

pZwJKES.jpg

1 hour ago, Neptune6 said:

Good Job Gerold

Gracias Patrick.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

19 minutes ago, boetie said:

Nice one Gerold. I didn't know what to expect from your title. 

Cheers

Graeme :)

Seems to be the culture between our countries is different. Though this probably is no "high culture"... https://www.smurf.com/

A great post Gerold and I like the livery too. 

They have been fighting in this part of the world long before oil was discovered.:(

Nothing wrong with the stuff only the greedy people that are now fighting over it.:)

20 hours ago, BradB said:

This post is rated G - for all ages ........:P:lol:  Grand shots BTW also Gerold . :):)

Hahaha, thanks for your comment, John!

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm not blue looking at these shots!

Be careful, Jack, these blue guys are all around us...!

19 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Great looking post. Love this livery. Very imaginative.

Thank you Ebo. I do not remember who made this livery for the sim (and for real), but these were good people!

17 hours ago, Hauer said:

Ahhh, the Smurfs are up to their escapades again... :lol:

Very nice, Gerold!

Herman :)

Ahhh, they got me and all my house is invaded :o;)!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A great post Gerold and I like the livery too. 

They have been fighting in this part of the world long before oil was discovered.:(

Nothing wrong with the stuff only the greedy people that are now fighting over it.:)

Thank you Martyn. Yes, a great livery. I´d love to meet it in reality, once we might be travelling again.

You are right, these tribes keep fighting like in the middle ages. Unfortunately with imported, modern weapons and not only on camels but much faster.

Imagine we get away from burning oil (as far as I remember in Q1 Germany used more energy from wind and sun than from oil and gas). How much this would change the strategic targets!

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great shots and livery! :)

Thank you Adam!

1 hour ago, Kev D said:

Great shots.............I remember when in Germany in the late ‘70’s those Smurfs and Father Abraham were bloody everywhere!!

Kev

Thanks Kev - but not for that awful song which now is back in my ear :o>:D:D!

Archived