New problem in Buildings HD

Hi,

in P3Dv4 Bildings HD (FSS0454876) completely replaces buildings with excellent results. In P3Dv5 (also with hotfix 1) some new buildings have appeared which are not replaced by Buildings HD but also seem to conflict with thew Orbx product. The first enclosed image is taken after taking off from LIPR Rimini Airport, but is also present elsewhere (eg Turin) and therefore  generalized.

In addition to Buildings HD, Global BASE (FSS0453207), Global openLC Europe (FSS0453419), Trees HD  (FSS0454876).

Is this reported a problem with my installation (i did Verify in Central anyway) or a problem between  P3Dv5 and Buildings HD?

Best regards

Maurizio Rizzotto

2020-5-5_11-21-15-157.jpg

Turin.jpg

• Nick Cooper changed the title to New problem in Buildings HD

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion, but i think it is a different problem from the one illustrated in the post: as it is visible in the Buildings HD image it is present and active (the other buildings actually those of your product) but for some buildings the replacement does not take place and sometimes it seems there is overlap between Buildings HD and the generated buildings of the P3Dv5. In p3Dv4 this did not happen, both when your prodyuct was installed in the simulator directory and when it weas moved to an external directory. For P3Dv5 the problem occurs both when Buildings HD was installed int he simulator directory and when it was moved to the exeternal one. Incidentally, flying on Israeli territory i encountered the same problem: Buildings HD present and active but strange blu buildings absent in P3Dv4.

I think there is a bug somewhere and i think it is fair to report it to you.

Best regards

Maurizio Rizzotto

Hi Maurizio,

I don't see any problems in your shots.  Those buildings that you circled are the complex "library object" buildings which add more variety and realism to the buildings in the scenery.  The ones that you circled are the improved buildings that were created by Bill Womack and included in Buildings HD.  If you compared P3Dv4 and v5 together, you will find that those buildings are the same.  So all appears to be well :)

-Scott

Hello,

problem solved!

It was an installation obviously not successful, the migration to the external library and the subsequent Verify via Central did not change the situation.

In central I uninstalled Buildings HD, closed central i launched P3Dv5 to update the status of the simulator. After closing P3D i reinstalled Buildings HD and the problem disappeared. It is however true that v5 has differences compared to v4 and in fact the cityscape has not benefited from this change in management.

Thanks for everything

Maurizio Rizzotto

Archived