Orbx road map for TE

chifan90

High on my list would be the following

USA:
New England, Northern Mid-Atlantic states (New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania)

Europe:
Ireland, Italy, Germany

Asia:
Japan

Down Under:
New Zealand

Here's hoping the next few announcments cover a lot of these.

I would like Nevada and Arizona.  Should be easy as they are sparsely populated and in most areas there is not much vegetation.  Largest population centers are Las Vegas and Phoenix.  Orthos are beautiful.

57 minutes ago, F737NG said:

High on my list would be the following

USA:
New England, Northern Mid-Atlantic states (New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania)

Yes, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania would be very nice, New England too.

4 hours ago, Sethos said:

I would be extremely happy if they did Nevada or just part of it, to 'complete' that stripe down the west coast.

and if they could extend up into B.C and Alaska I would be even more happy...….

Just one question is there a roadmap for the conversion of all the rest of the  'west coast' FSX/P3D airports to X-Plane 11, to match the TE regions ?

Can we have Entire Pilotedge area in TE first.  It is almost complete already and then you guys can do DC Area (NE and rest of the country).  You already did your first Texas airport - included with P3Dv5.

Entire US in TE will just be mega

I wouldn't mind entire Himalayas in TE with Lukla Orbx Style - in VR that will be awesome virtual adventure

A few people requesting Arizona, Nevada and Idaho for continuity sakes.
I'd counter with TE Florida having no obvious rationale for where it appeared in the release order. Yet I suspect it is quite a popular product.

Nevada and Arizona.  Should be easy as they are sparsely populated and in most areas there is not much vegetation.  Largest population centers are Las Vegas and Phoenix.

Doesn't that go against the whole premise of TE?
Lots of POI, lots of autogen buildings, and lots of autogen vegetation all sitting correctly on the underlying ortho is what elevates the TE series above other developers' efforts.
I don't see how TE of the desert states can be that much better than what already exists, especially in Nevada where a top-end airport developer in P3D has spectacularly recreated Las Vegas + airport already.

Combine that with the fact that the non-US crowd is arguably more likely to be aware of, and more interested in, the northeastern states with big US cities such as NYC, Philly, Boston, the Niagara Falls, the National Forests and the northern end of the Appalachian Mountains.
If Orbx sticks with developing parts of the US, then surely the North East is going to be the more popular area.

Just my 2 cents pennies worth.

2 hours ago, Peter Crowhurst said:

East coast Australia would be cool , all would be even better . New Zeland also . both sims.

TE Tasmania could be you demo

I hate to think what TE Australia would entail due to it's size. As we already have high quality products for Australia and New Zealand I'd like some untouched areas to get some attention. how about Japan or the Middle East?

On 5/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, Airwolf said:

Pilotedge + Orbx TE + VR = Magic!!!! Seriously Insane Magic

Add to that REP+FSEconomy and you have my way to sim.

On topic, Id say New England for me. We really need to start filling in these XPlane11 TE regions with their addon airports. If there was a TE NEM you'd have a good amount of addon airports to put in there  like Bar Harbor, Minuteman, Plum, Nantucket, Block, plus the other two which I forget.

Make the beautiful, interesting and varied West Coast complete - AZ, UT, NV, ID, NM, CO, MT - Consider bundling a couple together since they are sparsely populated, limited metro areas.

Then areas of the NE - NY, New England States.  

Finally, a good X Plane global LC or at least US based land class to fill in the boring middle of the country that doesn't really need the resource commitment or cost of a TE product.

2 hours ago, Mickslick said:

Consider bundling a couple together since they are sparsely populated

We have to take in to consideration file sizes and data costs as well. Making mega regions would be unpopular and expensive to produce because of the disk space required and different data availability/costs. The same would apply to doing all of Australia as one product.

2 hours ago, Mickslick said:

Finally, a good X Plane global LC or at least US based land class to fill in the boring middle of the country that doesn't really need the resource commitment or cost of a TE product.

Architecturally, X-Plane makes this very difficult to do. It doesn't have a land-class tile system like P3D does. Technically it could be done with enough time by faking a landclass tiling system, but you'd then introduce P3D/FSX problems such as stretched textures up mountains and roads cutting through buildings etc.

Being from New England, my interest lies with the following release strategy:

Since the West coast is now continuous,  and you have started the east coast with FL, I would like to see the Northeast next, then work down the coast to FL... Then maybe add a mid US area like Chicago/St Louis for stop over flights across the US.

I also would be interested in global TE versions that were distributed in reasonably sized chunks... Maybe time zones would be a reasonable distribution?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived