How much disk space to install TE South California?

I know that the scenery takes 49.5GB disk space, but how much do I need to install it?  I have 108GB free on my SSD but Orbx Central tells me that I do not have enough disk space to install.

Jean-Jacques

Hi think if you go to the products page and go into the Southern California and then the read me, it will tell you how much disk space will be needed, plus what disc space you need to install said software. Have a feeling that it’s 200 gig or more. Thanks Derek.

1 hour ago, mastertoad said:

I have the same problem .Having 524GB available on Disk and message "Not enough Disc Space for Download"

+1

I have 240GB available. First time I've ever had an issue with Orbx/Central. There's nothing like the first day of a new release. No doubt that Orbx/JV are on it already.

Hi

Check the temporary location also  (Settings  >  downloader under Orbx Central)

I received the same message. For me the temporary location was on another disk with less available space.

Currently I have downloaded 38 GB (of 49,49) and the process is using 38 GB in the temporary and about 35 in the library)

Regards

Its occupying 159gb on my disk. Should be a tad more though as I've got a couple of hundred missing dds files and can't find the problem! Is there any easy and quick way to reinstal without having to go all the way back to square one? I do have a back up folder full of zip files

This is what I got.

Downloaded & Verified.

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_Airports                971 kb

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_TE_Custom         2.31 GB

Orbx_B_US_SoCal_TE_Overlays        5.83 GB

Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos       219.62 GB

So around 228 GB all told.

I have requested that the download and installation sizes are accurately indicated on the product info section of the Orbx Dirct site.

I have the SD version installed an it requires approx 50GB of disk space installed. There is no conversion process required in any SD version so the download will be about the same size.

7 hours ago, jjstruyf said:

I know that the scenery takes 49.5GB disk space, but how much do I need to install it?  I have 108GB free on my SSD but Orbx Central tells me that I do not have enough disk space to install.

Jean-Jacques

You must be referring to the SD version. What disk drive is your temp folder on and what free space is on that disk drive. Is it the same drive as your installation of XP. If it is tyour C drive do you have enough free space on that drive for 50GB download?

5 hours ago, mastertoad said:

I have the same problem .Having 524GB available on Disk and message "Not enough Disc Space for Download"

Same as above really. It is the location of your Temp folder that may be short of the required disk space.

3 hours ago, suspman said:

Its occupying 159gb on my disk. Should be a tad more though as I've got a couple of hundred missing dds files and can't find the problem! Is there any easy and quick way to reinstal without having to go all the way back to square one? I do have a back up folder full of zip files

As above? The HD version requires just over 160GB of free space so is your disk drive with your Temp folder having that space available?

This link may help in some of the issues so check it out and make any necessary adjustments in particular to moving the Temp folder etc if required.

Thanks Jon.  Yes I wanted to install the SD version.  I had already emptied the temp file on my c: drive.  My c: drive had 99GB free and my d: drive with X-Plane had 108GB free.  Despite all of that, even rebooting my computer, I was still getting the out of space alarm.  I then unchecked in Orbx Central "check disk space before installing" and started the installation and… it completed without any hick-up.  All is well now.  But the question remains, why did Orbx Central tell me that there was not enough disk space?

Jean-Jacques

3 minutes ago, jjstruyf said:

Thanks Jon.  Yes I wanted to install the SD version.  I had already emptied the temp file on my c: drive.  My c: drive had 99GB free and my d: drive with X-Plane had 108GB free.  Despite all of that, even rebooting my computer, I was still getting the out of space alarm.  I then unchecked in Orbx Central "check disk space before installing" and started the installation and… it completed without any hick-up.  All is well now.  But the question remains, why did Orbx Central tell me that there was not enough disk space?

Jean-Jacques

I can only ask @Mitchell Williamson to see if he can throw any light on why when removing the Check disk space option, your download completed.

Archived