HD trees overriding TerraFlora V2

So I was in the process of recording a video for my youtube channel going over the new Terra Flora V2, when I noticed I was not seeing the TerraFlora trees at all. I was testing right off the runway at the Orbx Bowerman and outside M34 in Kentucky. I have all the Orbx North America FTX regions, Global Base, NA LC as well as HD trees and now Terra Flora V2 installed. The scenery order has HD trees beneath TerraFlora #218 for HD trees, 212 for TerraFlora v2). IF I turn HD trees off, I see all the TerraFlora trees in both locations, but according to the preview post they are supposed to work together, or am I doing this wrong?

There are some sample shots below, first is with just HD trees activated (the one that ends in 709), the second is both HD trees and TerraFlora (ends in 768) and the third is with HDtrees off, and TerraFlora activated (ends in 905)

2020-5-6_3-48-57-709.jpg

2020-5-6_3-50-6-768.jpg

2020-5-6_4-5-54-905.jpg

I think you get this wrong, indeed, I cite what Ed Correia wrote:

"Global TerraFlora v2 does not update Orbx custom trees (region-specific eg NCA, NZ etc.)

Global TerraFlora v2 does not:

• update custom vegetation used in some FTX regions (NZ, NCA, SCA & the UK) as they all contain several custom tree types. None of these trees will be updated as these are covered by Global Trees HD"

10 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I think you get this wrong, indeed, I cite what Ed Correia wrote:

"Global TerraFlora v2 does not update Orbx custom trees (region-specific eg NCA, NZ etc.)

Global TerraFlora v2 does not:

• update custom vegetation used in some FTX regions (NZ, NCA, SCA & the UK) as they all contain several custom tree types. None of these trees will be updated as these are covered by Global Trees HD"

I get that but I would think that these ones pictured are not custom vegetation. If I turn both of them off, I get stock trees in their place or am I confused? I cant find a location where the Terra Flora and HD Trees are working in tandem, vs only seeing HD trees when both are activated.

If they were custom vegetation, would I not see just stock trees when HD trees were off and TerraFlora on?

Another example, NON ftx region. NTTH in French Polynesia.

First pic is TerraFlora active, HD trees inactive.

Second Pic is HD trees active, TerraFlora inactive.

Third Pic is both active, with terraflora at index 212, and HD trees at index 218.

2020-5-6_4-58-20-358.jpg

2020-5-6_4-59-8-291.jpg

2020-5-6_5-0-57-332.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

probably the best way to tell if there is any change is to make a gif:

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

According to the preview post faq’s and the gif with both working in tandem on that thread the TerraFlora should be the default trees now, only being overridden by the HD Trees for the custom vegetation stuff.

in the gif you made of the 3 pics I posted that is clearly not being done. The first of the three pics posted was with TeraFlora active with no hd trees. The others were had trees active, with no TF and the last was both. The last pic should be mostly TF then should it not? Since this is in French Polynesia, a non FTX area with no custom vegetation that would be overridden by HD trees. But that is not the result I am getting. The minute I turn on HD Trees in conjunction with the TF, it is all HD Tree and no TF anywhere I have tried.

Interesting.

From the above GIF, I would tend to agree with Captain Nick conclusion.

I understand this topic applies to V5 more specifically??

In the last of the 3 GIF, you can clearly see (upon enlarging the image) that the V5 bug with blue color on the edge of trees is visible. It may or may not be related...

V5 is beta, (POO) that has to be considered.

Will test in V4 also.

Cheers

Archived