Buildings HD don't show after installing HF1

8 hours ago, Scott Armstrong said:

It's not based on any logic, just my success with that method on my own installation.  I created the textures for Buildings HD, but the Orbx core team created the installer, so my knowledge of the installation mechanics is not the best.

I've done some more testing with various combinations of BHD and addons installed both in the core P3Dv5 directory and in libraries, and I'm seeing some issues too.  However, Ben, it's odd that you're now not seeing any BHD textures at all...  I'm having issues with some of the EU regions, but PNW, OLC, and Global areas are showing up just fine.

I'll work closely with the Orbx team to try to come up with a solution, but for now it's clear that P3Dv5 has changed something that's affecting how building textures are called.  Again, sorry for the trouble; we'll try to figure out a solution soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the heads up - please when testing or final solution allow the product to be installed outside the sim.  I have insane amount of Orbx products for once everything is outside and I love it as p3Dv5 will get updates and those updates will require me to whack my sim.  External method save me insane amounts of time.

Thanks you

Thank you for your effort Scott. Much appreciated.

I indeed had BHD textures in Global and OLC but they're now gone too. I'm going to roll back to see if I can replicate it.

I do hope that the team comes with a solution soon.

I'll just add, that if others are reading this thread and are seeing similar issues, please chime in below and let us know what you are experiencing.  That will help us gauge the scope of the problem and get a better idea of what's causing the issues.  Thanks!

-Scott

156 views at my call in the discussions category but no one is seeing the issue or don't bother?

@Scott Armstrong I've done some testing again.

Leave Orbx installed but disabled every add-on in the sim except the following.

Global Base

Libraries

Objectflow

Buildings HD

BHD appear in the sim.

Enabling Open LC Europe

BHD appear in the sim

Enabling FTX ENG

BHD is gone

So maybe there needs to be taken a look at FTX ENG and other regions which should have BHD?

Cheers,

Ben.

Archived