Buildings HD don't show after installing HF1

I am having the same problem. I noticed Buildings HD doesn't show in P3dv5. I've purchased my P3D license after P3Dv5 HF1 was released so I cannot comment prior to that version but in HF1 I don't see Buildings HD although I have the entry in the add-ons list. Any help will be appreciated.

I've searched a little further and noticed the following:

They do show up in:

Open LC EU

Open LC SA

Open LC NA (but it looks like partially, have to confirm that)

They don't show in:

FTX PNW

FTX ENG/WLS/SCO

Cheers,

Ben.

5 minutes ago, Sunny Andonov said:

I am at Amsterdam Schiphol airport and compared to v4 (where I see Buildings HD) I do not see Buildings HD in P3dv5. 

Is that with TENL? If so, that region has it's own buildings.

¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás?
Perdona mi ignorancia, no sé si preguntas aquí.
Edificios HD que se instalaron pero no se muestra en la lista de productos instalados en P3D5.
Estoy haciendo algo mal ..?
me puedes ayudar ..?
Gracias por adelantado.

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

We can continue in English, or if you prefer, we have a Spanish language forum.

This topic already contains answers that you can try out for yourself.

Google translate will help you if you need it

Thanks for the prompt attention.
I can't find the comment where my problem is shown.
can you guide me please
Thank you

I installed EU England into the P3D folder and Buildings HD into an Orbx Central Library,

I don't think that it can be disabled easily otherwise.

I note that when Buildings HD is disabled, a restart of P3D is required to see the change.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I installed EU England into the P3D folder and Buildings HD into an Orbx Central Library

That's what I thought. This is how I have it in P3D v4 where it works.

So, all the products, besides Buildings HD, objectflow and maybe Orbx libraries, back to the simulators root then unless the developers come with a solution.

Hello,

I do not pretend to fully understand the way in which the add-ons method works, but I do understand that the basic

principle is that instead of replacing default files, whenever P3D requires a given addon file, it is accessed from the

external add-on's files instead of the P3D folder.

I am sure that it is because I am not understanding correctly but logically, if there are two products, both of which are

installed outside the P3D folder and both of which provide a set of replacement textures to the same object in P3D,

in this case, EU England and Buildings HD, there must be an insurmountable problem.

Perhaps there is a way to make one of them prevail over the other but if there is, I am not aware of it.

I have asked the developers to point out why I am wrong.

Hello Nick,

I've installed FTX England in the P3Dv5 root folder and still no luck.

I verified files, synced the simulator and even ticked legacy scenery layers on, one by one with testing in the sim in between.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ok, shoot me.

Situation as follows: FTX EU SCO installed in P3Dv5 root folder. Buildings HD installed in library.

Plockton, HD buildings:

2020-5-7_19-0-59-163.thumb.jpg.6266616dec95dd321117a19a1440f4f4.jpg

Edinburgh, No HD buildings (a little further there are HD buildings again):

2020-5-7_19-5-33-792.thumb.jpg.96a4d56ddba77799c76a4dff3b819140.jpg

And a mixture, HD houses but SD industrial buildings:

2020-5-7_19-28-19-185.thumb.jpg.9b70323d6c455fef1d08456b9ee24b77.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Not scenery objects Nick, but I guess they are hand placed default buildings which are from the sim's library.

I wonder if anyone else sees this. It's very noticeable when flying over dense cities.

Hi Ben, sorry for your trouble here.  I spent the day testing with P3Dv5 (I've been having trouble getting it running myself; lots of memory issues even after the hotfix, so testing has been difficult).

I was able to replicate your issues (or similar) when EVERYTHING, including BHD, was installed to the root simulator directory.  However, once I migrated BHD to a library, all issues seemed to correct themselves and BHD textures appeared as they should with any combination of Global Base, OLC, or regions (including SCO and ENG).

Could you perhaps try installing BHD to the root P3D directory, and then migrating it to a library?  Let us know the results; we're trying to troubleshoot these issues, and I know it's frustrating.  Thanks for your patience!

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for chiming in.

I un-installed Buildings HD and installed it in the sim's root folder.

I then started the sim to see the result: no change.

Next, migrating to library and start the sim again: no change.

I must say that I have all Orbx installed in a library, so also the regions.

So next thing is to re-install FTX ENG into the root and repeat the above again?

EDIT:

I un-installed FTX ENG and re-installed it in the root folder.

Then I un-installed Buildings HD and re-installed it in the root folder.

Started sim and checked: still default buildings. Shut sim down.

Migrated Buildings HD to library, keeping FTX ENG in the sim's root.

Started sim and checked, still default buildings. See picture.

2020-5-12_9-3-25-326.thumb.jpg.c86c7798f0871274be65473ec2e7ede3.jpg

EDIT 2: Now I seem to have lost Buildings HD everywhere, also in Open LC NA where it was active previously. See picture.

2020-5-12_9-14-19-225.thumb.jpg.02c08185381fad407f23246c025e69e4.jpg

Here are my cfg files again after the latest actions:

scenery.cfg

scenery_add-ons.xml

Cheers, 

Ben.

7 hours ago, Scott Armstrong said:

Could you perhaps try installing BHD to the root P3D directory, and then migrating it to a library?

-Scott

Scott, do you suspect there might be a difference between migrating a product to a library and installing it there directly?

2 minutes ago, gsnde said:

Scott, do you suspect there might be a difference between migrating a product to a library and installing it there directly?

I also have BHD installed in a library from the very beginning and was wondering the same. Though, I am facing the same problem.

12 hours ago, gsnde said:

It's not based on any logic, just my success with that method on my own installation.  I created the textures for Buildings HD, but the Orbx core team created the installer, so my knowledge of the installation mechanics is not the best.

I've done some more testing with various combinations of BHD and addons installed both in the core P3Dv5 directory and in libraries, and I'm seeing some issues too.  However, Ben, it's odd that you're now not seeing any BHD textures at all...  I'm having issues with some of the EU regions, but PNW, OLC, and Global areas are showing up just fine.

I'll work closely with the Orbx team to try to come up with a solution, but for now it's clear that P3Dv5 has changed something that's affecting how building textures are called.  Again, sorry for the trouble; we'll try to figure out a solution soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Archived