TrueEarth Southern California for XP11 on finals!

3 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

I've attempted a couple of rooftop helipads at downtown LA and found them not to be solid and therefore not landable. I can't find any settings to enable or disable.

Dang it, thats unfortunate, Im on the fence on buying :( Orbx are doing awesome work but I would love for us heliflyers to get some love for helipads too. Thanks for checking it out for me.

Edited by futurebreadmachine

7 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

I've attempted a couple of rooftop helipads at downtown LA and found them not to be solid and therefore not landable. I can't find any settings to enable or disable.

Please can you open a support ticket about this and let us know which ones you would like landable... Hard objects in X-Plane come at an expensive performance cost, so we don't make the objects hard-surfaced especially in such a crowded area. 

• Like 1

Got a minor error on the product's page, at the bottom it says "The download size of this product is 162.89 GB. It uses 53.84 GB when installed", that should be the other way around.

19 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Please can you open a support ticket about this and let us know which ones you would like landable... Hard objects in X-Plane come at an expensive performance cost, so we don't make the objects hard-surfaced especially in such a crowded area. 

Thanks Tony, I will do that once I have decided. I do now have a further question to regarding this. Noting what you have stated. Would it be possible to toggle any helipads that are made landable on or off for performance reasons in the Orbx Central Configure options for the SoCal product. That would make both helicopter and fixed-wing fliers happy as one could imagine from what you've stated some possible complaints of performance loss from none helicopter fliers.

Was the Theme Building (building with arches) at KLAX modeled? Not showing up for me?

I took a close look at Iain’s shot of KLAX and that building is not there. No problem, just making sure everything was in order.

Edited by Laurie Doering

1 hour ago, Laurie Doering said:

Was the Theme Building (building with arches) at KLAX modeled? Not showing up for me?

I took a close look at Iain’s shot of KLAX and that building is not there. No problem, just making sure everything was in order.

Hi Laurie,

Airport scenery tends to be a separate product.

I believe this is the current default scenery: 

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KLAX

"UFO restaurant and control tower missing on purpose (to be added as custom obj later). Depicted new terminal under construction. Added adjacent heliports on hospitals as discussed with Julian. Iconic buildings/display aircraft added under approach path 25L/R."

I do have this scenery but I don't currently have it installed so I can't vouch for its compatibility:

https://store.x-plane.org/KLAX--Los-Angeles-International-HD_p_836.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

Hi Laurie,

Airport scenery tends to be a separate product.

I believe this is the current default scenery: 

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KLAX

"UFO restaurant and control tower missing on purpose (to be added as custom obj later). Depicted new terminal under construction. Added adjacent heliports on hospitals as discussed with Julian. Iconic buildings/display aircraft added under approach path 25L/R."

I do have this scenery but I don't currently have it installed so I can't vouch for its compatibility:

https://store.x-plane.org/KLAX--Los-Angeles-International-HD_p_836.html

Thanks very much for this. If you do install this package, please drop me a line. When you are really familiar with specific airports, you automatically zero in on exact landmarks. Lots of navigating to do in SO CAL and my plane is waiting! Cheers!

22 hours ago, Laurie Doering said:

Thanks very much for this. If you do install this package, please drop me a line. When you are really familiar with specific airports, you automatically zero in on exact landmarks. Lots of navigating to do in SO CAL and my plane is waiting! Cheers!

The developer responds to your question here on this forum:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/212860-klax-hd-and-Orbx-socal/

However, I did try it without his mesh and I have attached a couple of screenshots of KLAX HD and Orbx SoCal.

JF_Socata_TB10+TB20 - 2020-05-10 12.52.44.jpg

JF_Socata_TB10+TB20 - 2020-05-10 12.55.08.jpg

JF_Socata_TB10+TB20 - 2020-05-10 12.52.28.jpg

Edited by Badl4ndz

Good day Orbx Team!  

I am absolutely in love with Orbx SoCal!  I would like to color match an existing ORTHO tile for the YUMA Airport to Orbx, could you tell me what the file name for your Yuma Airport tile would be?  I am not modifying Orbx files, just matching to your color.  Also there appears to be some clouds that were turned into buildings in the middle of farm fields near MCAS Yuma.  Just a heads up for a later patch.  

-Preston

Hello!

I Buy and install True Earth US SOUTHEN CALIFORNIA SD yesterday. Woao! EXPECTACULAR !!!!

I have been touring the places that I actually visited a year ago ... I would be surprised. Woao!

But they left out:

1.- Los Angeles Union Station

2.- L.A. County Museum of Art and La Brea Tar Pits

3.- Rodeo Drive and

4.- Hearst Castle

I know that you cannot put everything because it would make the package very heavy to download when you buy it.

I hope that in a future upgrade they can be added, anyway ... if you can ... the 21 California Franciscan Missions.

With this great stage I have already completed the entire state of California. They are worth every dollar you pay for them. Grateful!

Hello Orbx,

I would really appreciate an info, when you are going to release California North and South for P3D?  particularly now, as you just announced Oregon and Washington.

When Fs2020 is out, hopefully this autumn, me, and I belive the most other people wouldn't buy it anymore.

Cheers

Marc

7 hours ago, Jetpilot82 said:

Hello Orbx,

I would really appreciate an info, when you are going to release California North and South for P3D?  particularly now, as you just announced Oregon and Washington.

When Fs2020 is out, hopefully this autumn, me, and I belive the most other people wouldn't buy it anymore.

Cheers

Marc

I believe there are ways of asking a question that would lead one to expect a reply, but this I believe certainly isn't one of them.

Edited by Badl4ndz
  • Upvote 2

• John Venema unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 8:11 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

I'm a little late to this party, and just found this thread after looking at the other helipad related topics. so, just to make sure I understand, Orbx omitted all of the helipads to prioritize performance? 

I understand not doing all of them if that was the case, but none of them? I think a good compromise would have been to include all of the rooftop helipads that are still active or that have an FAA identifier, and leave the emergency use only helipads as is. That would have been much less disappointing to all of the helicopter guys who bought this knowing how rich the Los Angeles area is with helicopter activity.  

also, was any thought given to the ground based heliports that were omitted from this scenery? Queen Mary Heliport (CL07), Catalina Air-Sea Terminal Heliport (6CA3), SEC southeast (CL58) or any of the other ground based landing areas? I really feel like you guys left the helicopter community hanging on this one. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

Tony, you folks have direct access to the helicopter flight simulation community. We're always eager to help. If you find yourselves in such situations where you need to compromise and you're not sure what to include and what to leave out, you can always reach out to us and ask.

A lot of folks were expecting this release which turned out to be disappointing to those expecting to see, at least, the most iconic ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spac3Rat said:

A lot of folks were expecting this release which turned out to be disappointing to those expecting to see, at least, the most iconic ones.

Hi Sergio. There is an update on the way that will add helipads to lots of the downtown buildings and to fix some more problems, so the update should please a lot of helicopter pilots who were looking to do this type of flying.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Hi Sergio. There is an update on the way that will add helipads to lots of the downtown buildings and to fix some more problems, so the update should please a lot of helicopter pilots who were looking to do this type of flying.

Awesome, Tony. Thank you very much for letting us know.

That's great to hear, no helipads makes it a slightly pointless purchase if that's your main type of flying. Sure you can use the normal airports, but there is something unique about being able to land right at the centre of things. Great to hear that heliports are coming, Tony W is our favourite developer B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 3:54 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

is there any news on this update?