TrueEarth Southern California for XP11 on finals!

Unfortunately, this makes the leap between XP-TE Regions and P3D-TE Regions, which was promised to be closed, even wider.

With kind regards

from less happy Prepar3d user Michael

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

Is SoCal the same technology as NoCal or has it developed since NoCal was released and if so, will NoCal get an update?

Each region improves on the last, so this has newer tech in it that isn't in NoCal, but both regions work nicely together. We haven't planned at the moment retrofitting all the older regions with newer tech as we would be in a perpetual upgrade cycle as each new region is released, and these regions take a lot of time and effort to make

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Each region improves on the last, so this has newer tech in it that isn't in NoCal, but both regions work nicely together. We haven't planned at the moment retrofitting all the older regions with newer tech as we would be in a perpetual upgrade cycle as each new region is released, and these regions take a lot of time and effort to make

Many thanks for the reply Tony.

I wouldn't expect say for example Florida to be updated because SoCal tech is tweaked but just thought in CA's case because the state has been developed in 2 halves (for obvious reasons), the complete state would be the same but if you say they work together, I just look forward to trying it out.

Great region - hopefully released until or during next weekend - Nevada may be the next TE region, since it hasn‘t been included in the VSTATES collection - maybe a hint...

More importantly, however, is the urgent need for Orbx airports - California for P3D has so many addons to consider....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, schwarzfr said:

Great region - hopefully released until or during next weekend - Nevada may be the next TE region, since it hasn‘t been included in the VSTATES collection - maybe a hint...

More importantly, however, is the urgent need for Orbx airports - California for P3D has so many addons to consider....

Really, really hope they plan on doing Nevada. Feels like there's a sizeable chunk missing when you buzz up and down the west coast. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

What size install please?

5 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

It's approx 175GB on my install uncompressed, about the same as the other regions. SD is approximately 45GB. 

Thanks.... I'll definitely be considering this for flight on PilotEdge.net - just gotta clear out my Orthos.

Finally, I am SO excited for SoCal!  This would also be a perfect Map for DCS if Eagle Dynamics would be wise enough to approach Orbx with a RFP to build some maps for them.  I can’t wait to Zip around SoCal in X-plane!  

-Preston

1 hour ago, skybluerob said:

Looks amazing.  I'm not sure of  the differences between SD and HD though, does it make a huge lot of difference, especially as I enjoy flying in VR?  Thanks.

Yes, it does make a noticeable difference when you are down low. Get above a couple thousand feet and its all the same, but down low its really nice. I like to replay my flights and watch from the outside while I'm chilling watching tv. I really like the crispness when that the HD provides when doing this.

5 minutes ago, kerrygipe said:

Yes, it does make a noticeable difference when you are down low. Get above a couple thousand feet and its all the same, but down low its really nice. I like to replay my flights and watch from the outside while I'm chilling watching tv. I really like the crispness when that the HD provides when doing this.

Sounds ideal, I might try the HD version when it's released. 

Awesome, I have the northern Californian pack so this will be a great add.. Can I please ask when some more decent Aussie Scenery for X-Plane 11 will come out it seems only PD3 and the other sims have really quality Aussie stuff, would be great to see more products released for X-Plane 11 as well. 

Great products! just some more X-Plane 11 PLEASE!!

I can report that I am quite pleased with SoCal from the findings of my inaugural short flight in a Cessna from KBUR (Bob Hope) to KSMO (Santa Monica) in VR. Visuals were pretty good using 11.50b6 vulkan.

2 hours ago, futurebreadmachine said:

Hello!

Are the helipads in the Los Angeles area modelled, solid and landable? Considering buying it but curious how the helipads are and its important for me.

Kind regards.

I've attempted a couple of rooftop helipads at downtown LA and found them not to be solid and therefore not landable. I can't find any settings to enable or disable.