Flying Dock in Friday Harbor W33

Hi, my order number is 5e84d41c81c6b

As I landed in WSS I saw this (see attached image).

Is there a solution to this?

I have not noticed any other anomolies in this scenery but I have had OOMs on a few occasions on approach to Friday Harbour - the only place I get them.

Products running at the time of the screen shot are PNW, Squamish, Friday Harbor, AI Shipping and BC Float Bases. I did try turning other things off except PNW and Friday Harbour and Verifying files for both as well. No joy.

Thanks in advance.

Friday Harbor WSS.png

Hello, 

It's highly likely that your mesh is not set at the Orbx standard of 5 meters. This is a known issue at this location when another value is used and is due to the fact that the datum of the default marina model is located on a steep slope adjacent to the shoreline. So try the 5 meter mesh setting and let us know if that solves the issue.

Cheers, 

Excellent! At 10 meters the harbour looks great!

Question:

Should I be running ALL my Orbx products at 10 meter mesh resolution (FSX-SE) or just Friday Harbour?

I am just concerned that this may detract from the quality of the scenery (I confess I do not fully grasp how the resolution of the mesh works - I would have thought smaller number, better quality?).

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

It seems that there is a way to avoid this happening but it requires attention from the developer.

@Greg Jones

I'll investigate the cause of this but it's likely just a minor placement issue. In the meantime, I'd suggest keeping your resolution at 5m which is the standard across virtually all Orbx products.

Greg

• 2 months later...
  • Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Flying Dock in Friday Harbor W33

Archived