KSAN roof issues.

Seems I always have roof issues with KSAN.

It was the first Orbx airport I installed into V5 after Global, Libraries, ObjectFlow, openLC North America, Southern California, Buildings, Trees.

Anyone else seeing this?

First shots are in V5.

TQthcPI.jpg

Rk5sZXC.jpg

zRlrWof.jpg

V3gdQXh.jpg

Now in V4.5

PjNN8Y7.jpg

h6eISuT.jpg

Worked fine for me. I noticed it when I first installed P3D5, and did the fix that Nick recommended, and it cured the problem. Can't for the life of me remember which airport I first saw it at though.

Cheers

Jack

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

Worked fine for me. I noticed it when I first installed P3D5, and did the fix that Nick recommended, and it cured the problem. Can't for the life of me remember which airport I first saw it at though.

Cheers

Jack

Jack, can you do me a favor then?  If you own KSAN can you fly over the terminal roofs and post some screens? Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

Will do, if you can wait for about 15 - 20 mins. I'm just installing some Orbx stuff at the moment, and don't have KSAN installed yet. I'll do that next then take a couple of shots.

Jack

Thanks jack, I was expecting a day or two, so this is very much appreciated.  Can you use the @ Jack Sawyer thing so I'll get notified?  Many thanks.

I think you are seeing stock airport . No easy way without an Orbx fix seems a common problem with the new hotfix I already had a couple. My cure is to use ADE to remove stock buildings and create a new  . Then create an exclusions add on folder to scenary library  to store the amended .bgl . Not easy and better for Orbx to fix to be honest unless you are confident with ade . I did it for MK Dublin and worked for KSAn . Hopefully Orbx fixes it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cannow said:

I think you are seeing stock airport . No easy way without an Orbx fix seems a common problem with the new hotfix I already had a couple. My cure is to use ADE to remove stock buildings and create a new  . Then create an exclusions add on folder to scenary library  to store the amended .bgl . Not easy and better for Orbx to fix to be honest unless you are confident with ade . I did it for MK Dublin and worked for KSAn . Hopefully Orbx fixes it.

Thanks but I wouldn't know what an ADE is if it hit me upside the head. Ditto for an exclusion.  Yeah, all I can do is hope Orbx fixes it, it looks so nice in 4.5.

11 minutes ago, Cannow said:

ADE is scruffy ducks airport design software honestly unless best to let Orbx fix sure they will , I just like to learn how fsim design works so been a good learning experience.

Scruffy ducks?  Never heard of it.  I agree, this is why I like Orbx stuff, Central.  I wish every installed was like installer as I detest messing with files.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it looks like the KSAN product is not working in the same way as it does in P3D v4.

I will draw this to the attention of the developer.

Thank you Nick, I reckon eventually V5 will be completely ip to speed.

Stone me,

I was in so much of a rush last night that I just posted the screenies then went to bed - I didn't even notice my scenery did not look right. It certainly does look like stock scenery to me.

Thanks Nick for your prompt action.

Cheers

Jack

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have just noticed something in P3Dv5 KSAN.  It looks like changing the Scenery Complexity slider in P3D options has an effect on the roof textures somehow.

Scenery complexity slider: Sparse (everything looks right to me)

2020-5-26_13-58-29-687.thumb.jpg.085235926444a2e0975b9187a23d5789.jpg

2020-5-26_13-58-33-539.thumb.jpg.710c44c46cda2ab5f48a598e292d50e8.jpg

Scenery complexity slider: Normal (Stuff starts to brake partialy)

2020-5-26_13-59-17-960.thumb.jpg.1169d56ad97908a6b8033a8b5ef92bcf.jpg\

Scenery complexity slider: Very Dense (All roof textures are broken and Downtown is default buildings)

2020-5-26_14-0-0-598.thumb.jpg.9c074f848bf0d9c31f2e4cb0a37011e4.jpg

2020-5-26_14-0-2-572.thumb.jpg.69971d9d389a9bbf6d783ce775c6f4ec.jpg

Hope this helps a bit!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think you are just removing the P3D v5 default buildings, that's all.

Nick can you explain a bit more what do to you mean by removing default building? I suppose the buildings and roof textures should remain the same on matter at what position my slider is?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am back to the same issue I was when P3DV5 first came out. I purchased based on Orbx saying V5 compatible when it really wasn't at the time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I have resynchronized my scenery inside Orbx central with no luck.

Any other ideas?

I have all Orbx California, to include TrueEarth installed, vector, open LC NA, HD buildings, etc.

The developers fix worked at one point. However, that was with a previous V5 version.

I am using P3D V5, version 5.2.22.27615

Here is my original post: 

2021-11-14_10-25-17-514.jpg

2021-11-14_10-25-32-266.jpg

• Upvote 1