Announcing Global TerraFlora v2 for P3D v4 & v5

Originally developed by Turbulent Designs, Global TerraFlora v2 has been designed to provide realistic, HD-quality trees for P3D versions 4 & 5.

Based on the original ESP version, which was successfully ported over to X-Plane,  Global TerraFlora v2 transforms your world to provide greater detail, more realism and enhance your simulation experience. Whether you’re taking flight over densely populated forests or soaring around lush islands, Global TerraFlora v2 will ensure trees of the world look pleasing to the eye in all scenarios. A diverse range of tree-types has been included to replace the default types and all coloured to better match the default ground scenery.

This all-new version vegetation texture package also now allows the user to customise the the textures to their liking. 

Features

• Multiple, user-selectable, colour sets per season. These are generally Vibrant, Desaturated or Dark which is a similar colouring to the original Orbx tree colouring.
  • All 'green' seasons have additional vegetation texture variants for a larger and more varied colour palette. Spring & Summer broadleaf trees have two colour variants per tree. Fall broadleaf has two variants.
  • Custom mip-maps on conifers to allow for greener trees up close and darker in the distance, this is particularly noticeable in the hard winter season 
  • Selectable snow-coverage amounts on Hard Winter trees.

FAQ

I already have Global Trees HD so what will Global TerraFlora v2 add?

See features above. Also Global TerraFlora v2 is also a higher resolution than Trees HD with more realistic and mature tree textures in use. See animated image at the end of this post to see the trees in action. Global TerraFlora v2 will also update TrueEarth region vegetation in P3D as these all use default tree variants.

Do I need to uninstall Global Trees HD?

No, the two packages will work happily together. Global TerraFlora v2 does not update Orbx custom trees (region-specific eg NCA, NZ etc.)

Will this work with other 3rd party products?

Global TerraFlora v2 updates any package that uses the default tree texture set. 

Will this work with photoreal scenery?

Yes, provided the PR package includes tree placements. There is a colour set that is designed to match typical raw orthoimagery.

Do I need to uninstall the original TerraFlora?

We recommend yes, but Orbx Central will disable it if left installed.

What does Global TerraFlora v2 NOT do?
Global TerraFlora v2 does not:

• add extra vegetation or add vegetation to photoreal imagery
  • change the tree species at a particular location
  • update custom vegetation for 3rd party scenery packages
  • alter SpeedTree models or textures
  • update custom vegetation used in some FTX regions (NZ, NCA, SCA & the UK) as they all contain several custom tree types. None of these trees will be updated as these are covered by Global Trees HD

Global TerraFlora v2 will retail for AUD$34.95 (Approx. US$22 | €20 | £18) though we do have discounts available for existing Global Trees HD and Turbulent Designs customers.

OrbxDirect Global TreesHD customers: If you already have Global Trees HD in your account, you will be able to purchase Global TerraFlora v2 for AUD$ 9.95.

Please note that this offer is not available to customers who purchased Trees HD via Steam.

Existing Turbulent customers: If you already bought the Turbulent Designs version of TerraFlora from their website, you can will be able to upgrade to Global TerraFlora v2 for AUD$9.95.

For directions on how to do this, visit http://orbxdirect.com/account/migrate/turbulent - please note this is only for whose who made the purchase via the official Turbulent store and not via resellers. Please also note that this will not add the original TerraFlora to your account for downloading. This is merely a means to qualify you for the upgrade discount when Global TerraFlora v2 is released.

63-7bef8501a82f68a9d4749b0006976ae0.jpg

63-2175966badb4723eb13447bdcb0d1ef2.jpg

63-7d52f4b53b840584d76dd64432e51278.jpg

63-4f42c87e3763e3f1e8ea0b24f9fe5e74.jpg

63-b347f75df66e020505ae19aa344ed8c7.jpg

63-9e3f3227b0f093400db60db36326d0e7.jpg

63-3ed90b6d1e8360f3f6f4e8100df3f2d9.jpg

63-548e9ad04204cde02aec2a58d673eb4e.jpg

63-55bd79a844b8b85cd7413c77110b9a62.jpg

63-952f2338cc7489c3be51beb7cd201e49.jpg

63-13df3a70c1ff5742df8ac3f92872f787.jpg

Below is a visual representation of what the 2 products appear in sim when installed together or in isolation. Essentially the 2 tree products are able to work together and one compliments the other. This is Global Base with no other products installed.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

Wow, just the other day I was wondering what would happen with the excellent turbulent design terraflora and their angwin airfield. Great to see this v2 and a first day buy for sure. Beautiful!

2 hours ago, alivo2k said:

I was wondering about the FPS increase in the GIF when using Trees HD only. Apperantly there is an increase from 46.5 to 61.3fps when using both combined? 

The Trees HD only shot has a number of clouds in the sky. The other two shots do not.
I think that might explain a lot of the difference in FPS numbers.

This looks pretty good.

I'll ask a question based on your FAQ above:

You say: 

"Do I need to uninstall Global Trees HD?

No, the two packages will work happily together."

& also say: 

" Global TerraFlora v2 is also a higher resolution than Trees HD with more realistic and mature tree textures in use"

Which begs the question in my mind, why are  Trees HD not being replaced by the Global TerraFlora v2, which appear to be better trees & able to be 'tuned' by the customer as regards Color Sets?

& another question - I have Global Trees HD. If I also add Global TerraFlora V2 then uninstall Global Trees HD, will TFV2 'fill the gaps' left by the departed GTHD??

(I suspect the answer is no, but worth inquiring about)

TTM

5 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

& another question - I have Global Trees HD. If I also add Global TerraFlora V2 then uninstall Global Trees HD, will TFV2 'fill the gaps' left by the departed GTHD??

(I suspect the answer is no, but worth inquiring about)

TTM

Uninstalling HDTrees with TF2 installed will just disable the Orbx region-specific enhanced vegetation and they will revert to the Orbx standard versions that were included with those packages.

9 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Uninstalling HDTrees with TF2 installed will just disable the Orbx region-specific enhanced vegetation and they will revert to the Orbx standard versions that were included with those packages.

Ok. Thank you

TTM

Hi Guys. I'm afraid I have a problem. I installed TF2 into My P3D V4.5 HF3 and now my sim won't start, it just hangs on the start up screen (waited over 20 mins)! I uninstalled TF2 and P3D starts normally. I have installed/uninstalled several times and the same thing happens. Any thoughts/help please.

Thanks and best regards.

Malcolm Hancock

On 5/5/2020 at 3:45 AM, Ed Correia said:

so it`s best to have both installed?

thank you for the discount for TREES HD owners! already downloaded and installed ;-)

looks good! but a suggestion would be to add images in the configuratior to see what changes do the different options make, currently I have left it at the default settings but am keen to know about the changes other settings do, Also does the scenery library order matter? cause I noticed when terraflora was installed it is set to be below Orbx global trees hd in the scenery library below the Orbx elevation subs

On 5/4/2020 at 10:06 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Which begs the question in my mind, why are  Trees HD not being replaced by the Global TerraFlora v2, which appear to be better trees & able to be 'tuned' by the customer as regards Color Sets?

From

Hi Dieter,

neither Trees HD nor TerraFlora place any trees themselves they just replace the textures and models of the default autogen trees. Trees HD does it by swapping out the default tree library and textures while TerraFlora deactivates the default library and activates the replacement library and textures in a separate scenery folder. In short, the method is different but the result to the user is the same.

Some Orbx global and regional products also place tree models from custom libraries of our own, given that the default set is quite limited in terms of tree types/species. If Trees HD isn't installed then those additional trees will use their original Orbx standard-resolution textures; with Trees HD installed they display HD textures. 

Thus, as mentioned above, with both TerraFlora and TreesHD installed all default trees will use TerraFlora models & textures while custom Orbx models, often mixed with the default models, will show Orbx HD textures.

Not sure about the "99.9% of the planet" claim of Greg's as we use those additional tree models quite a bit, especially with the more recent Orbx products, like Northern and Southern California, the European regions, New Zealand, etc. In other words, the default/custom ratio of autogen trees depends on where you're flying and which of those products are installed.

Cheers, Holger

4 hours ago, Dieter said:

Well, I wonder, is there no manual included?

I get an error when clicking "open" to read the User Guide.

I get the same error too. However, on the plus side the purchase and install was very easy, very fast and the result in P3Dv4.5 looks great.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:04 AM, Ed Correia said:

Global TerraFlora v2 will retail for AUD$34.95 (Approx. US$22 | €20 | £18) though we do have discounts available for existing Global Trees HD and Turbulent Designs customers.

OrbxDirect Global TreesHD customers: If you already have Global Trees HD in your account, you will be able to purchase Global TerraFlora v2 for AUD$ 9.95.

Hi,

Please until when will the discount be applied? Still on FSX not P3D...

Thank you.

7 hours ago, gr.eg said:

Hi,

Please until when will the discount be applied? Still on FSX not P3D...

Thank you.

At this stage we have not put an end date. If we do wish to end we will provide ample notice but the discount will remain till the end of the year at least. 

Archived