0S9 and 11S scenery display issues with P3Dv5 HF1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,
Like others here, I have a problem with ObjectFlow in v5HF1.
I have version 3.0.4 installed in an "Orbx new" library, as for P3Dv4.5 all the rest of Orbx installed in P3Dv5.

pDsNm7A.jpg

My texture settings are in 4096x4096.

Here, by comparison Israel's Farm in v4.5:
zBYmXX3.jpg

And v5 :
7VhkpnZ.jpg

Same settings for display, world, ...
Z4kIuS4.jpg

And obviously the same issue at Sekiu and Jefferson but also on the other airfields.
GxwfQls.jpg

Do you think symbolic links could be the cause of this phenomenon? I have symbolic links for the "Orbx", "Prepar3D v5 Add_ons" and "SimObjects" files.
Also, here is what the add-on.xml for Orbx ObjectFlow of v5 contains :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Orbx ObjectFlow</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Allows Orbx scenery to display dynamic content.</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>DLL</Category>
    <Path>bin\Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll</Path>
    <DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
    <DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>
    <DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Here is the v4.5 add-on.xml :

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Orbx ObjectFlow 2</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Allows Orbx scenery to display dynamic content.</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>DLL</Category>
        <Path>bin\Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll</Path>
        <DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>
        <DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Is everything normal in there?

And finally, when I took the scrennshot of WA56 in v4.5, this message appeared, which I had never seen before
ejeWpGT.jpg

Maybe additional tracks ?

Cheers
zinj

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I have looked at WA56 in three different simulators and in none of them are there either of the sheds or the caravans.

This is actually a weird issue that started happening for me when the move to the "add-on.xml method" was made. Are your add-ons installed in a library or in the sim directory? When using a library, the only way to make the sheds/caravans disappear is to move WA56 manually above all other Orbx entries in the scenery library. It applies to both v4 and v5.

BTW, I've just noticed the same issue in Dario's post in the screenshot thread, see the first one... ;)

Well, my ObjectFlow problem on v5 is solved, everything is normal now, in Sekiu and elsewhere too. Certainly thanks to the sync simulator operation.

Thanks for that !

On the other hand, this problem of buildings and vehicles on WA56 in v4.5 is a mystery ... And It's exactly the same as on Dario's screenshot
I tried to reinstall but it doesn't change anything, the hangar and caravan group is still there.
All my Orbx sceneries are installed in the sim directory. I will try to put the scenery at the top of the scenery library...

To be continued...

I just tried to deactivate the scene and the objects are still there :

dBi93Xp.jpg

So they come from another scenery, and going up WA56 at the very top of the library should solve the problem ... I hope...;)

Looking good now! :) The "Sync" option is actually very clever and has helped me resolve many of my silly user scre... I mean user errors... ;)

As for the layering, that's a weird one, but the manual move works, so all is fine here as well.

BTW, big thanks to Nick for his patience (and a little apology for my impatience before...). The transition to P3D v5 has generally proven to be a bit less smooth that we'd all expected, so a lot of small niggles are bound to surface.

Regards,

Tym

On 6/7/2020 at 12:34 AM, zinj said:

I just tried to deactivate the scene and the objects are still there :

dBi93Xp.jpg

So they come from another scenery, and going up WA56 at the very top of the library should solve the problem ... I hope...;)

I noticed this as well when exploring TEWA. If anyone wants to produce a fix for this they are actually put there by 74S Anacortes. So WA56 needs to be above 74S at the moment.

All the best,

John

After a complete reinstall of P3dv5, updating to HotFix 2, I am glad to report that 11s is now displaying correctly. That's right, the trees adjacent to the runway are showing in full force, including those accident waiting to happen deers :)

10 hours ago, SSAIR1 said:

After a complete reinstall of P3dv5, updating to HotFix 2, I am glad to report that 11s is now displaying correctly. That's right, the trees adjacent to the runway are showing in full force, including those accident waiting to happen deers :)

Does that include the texture transparency issue? No change in that respect at my end, unfortunately...

15 hours ago, TymK said:

Does that include the texture transparency issue? No change in that respect at my end, unfortunately...

I do not see any texture transparency issues. Please post a screenshot. Since my last post, I did run into the same problems of no trees around the airstrip. However, I determined the culprit to be some Aerosoft (SimWings) airports that I had just installed. I went into Orbx central, under help, and ran the "Sync" function, which fixed things up. Have you attempted to a "Repair" on P3d via the add/remove function on Windows?

52 minutes ago, SSAIR1 said:

I do not see any texture transparency issues. Please post a screenshot. Since my last post, I did run into the same problems of no trees around the airstrip. However, I determined the culprit to be some Aerosoft (SimWings) airports that I had just installed. I went into Orbx central, under help, and ran the "Sync" function, which fixed things up. Have you attempted to a "Repair" on P3d via the add/remove function on Windows?

I was referring to the difference in how textures are displayed in V4 and V5 as shown in the screenshots earlier in this thread, see this post.

13 hours ago, TymK said:

I was referring to the difference in how textures are displayed in V4 and V5 as shown in the screenshots earlier in this thread, see this post.

Unfortunately, yes, there are some slight transparency differences on the runway texture of Seiku airport, 11s, in v5. I think this is an issue that Orbx could resolve. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with P3D v4.5. I recently upgraded from FSX to P3D and installed all of my Orbx products using Orbx Central. I recently attempted a flight to OS9 and after landing realized that I am missing buildings at the airport (specifically the Spruce Goose cafe). All I see are black spots where the buildings should be located. I have followed the instructions from the support forum to reinstall ObjectFlow (I'm running v3.0.4). I checked the Prepared3D Addon folder and there is no subfolder for ObjectFlow. ObjectFlow is installed into an Orbx Library at C:\Users\Brian\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Orbx ObjectFlow. I have not noticed any missing buildings at other airports. It seems this issue is random. I have also tried syncing Orbx with the simulator, but that didn't seem to have any effect. I have verified Orbx Base and all of my LC regions including PNW. Is there anything else I can do to get OS9 Jefferson Int'l Airport to display properly?

Hello Brian,

please try creating an Orbx Central Library somewhere other than inside the folders created by a Windows installation.

Once you have done that, uninstall objectflow from where it is now and install it into your newly created Orbx Central Library instead.

Then try again.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Brian,

please try creating an Orbx Central Library somewhere other than inside the folders created by a Windows installation.

Once you have done that, uninstall objectflow from where it is now and install it into your newly created Orbx Central Library instead.

Then try again.

Throwing in my two cents, my objectflow is already in an Orbx Library that I created on my non-OS drive.  Unfortunately, OS9 Jefferson still doesn't display the buildings, runway textures, etc..

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Brian,

Then try again.

Hi Nick, thank you for responding! One question. after I create the new Orbx Central Library on my system outside of any folders created by Windows, do I need to reinstall all of my scenery using that new library? Or, can I leave the other sceneries where they are and just install ObjectFlow in the new library location? Thanks again for your help!

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Brian,

no, you do not need to do anything except install objectflow into your new library.

Hi Nick,

I wanted to let you know that it worked! OS9 is back to all it's glory as I remember it from FSX and real life. LOL thanks so much for your help! --Brian

For anyone who is still encountering issues with 11s or missing trees, or autogen perhaps, here is how I was able to solve such problems. Verify files, or completely uninstall and reinstall, all NA regions, including the airports and library. Uninstall Objectflow, and reinstall it in a new library folder. The folder can be anywhere. Upon running P3d, re-enable Objectflow when prompted. Delete the folder "autogen" from your root v5 folder and then run a repair on p3d via the add/remove Windows function. Now, and perhaps this step alone fixes these issues, go to the scenery configurator of all non-Orbx airports and save and exit them. Perhaps these non-Orbx airports are messing with your Orbx files. 

20 hours ago, Brian Eckard said:

Hi Nick,

I wanted to let you know that it worked! OS9 is back to all it's glory as I remember it from FSX and real life. LOL thanks so much for your help! --Brian

Glad to see Brian get his 0S9 working.  I tried a similar path creating another library but I didn't get the same results.    

Archived