0S9 and 11S scenery display issues with P3Dv5 HF1

I am having major scenery problems at both 0S9 Jefferson and 11S Sekiu. In the case of both airports, when I load up over half of the airport is missing, as well as surrounding trees, vegetation and buildings. It looks like an explosion happened and flattened everything. Also, half of the length of the runway textures are missing or just a blurry mess. I will further refer to this 'problem' in this thread as the 'explosion issue' for ease of reference.

Here is what I have tried:

1) Uninstall P3Dv5 and reinstall P3Dv5 HF1, step by step as per Nick sticky post this forum, and also, verbatim according to the P3Dv5 install and reinstall document. I have conducted this full process THREE  times in an effort to try and fix this.

2) I have ONLY P3Dv5 with HF1 installed along with Orbx Trees HD, Orbx Global Base, Orbx PNW Region, and 11S, 0S9 and 05S airports installed. I also have FSUIPC 6 installed and Chaseplane. NOW, before installing FSUIPC 6, Chaseplane, Orbx Trees HD and Global Base, I tried running P3Dv5 HF1 with JUST PNW Region, 11S, 0S9 and 05S installed. In any of those situations, the problem still exists. In contrast, there are no problems at 05S, it works correctly in all situations.

3) I have no add-on aircraft installed. I have set my P3D default aircraft to the Commander 114, and I also always load up into a default P3D airport first, before trying to load one of the Orbx airports.

4) I have ensured that Orbx Libraries and Orbx Objectflow and installed correctly, and ARE enabled in the P3Dv5 add-on menu. This was further ensured both before FSUIPC and Chaseplane were installed, as well as after.

5) I have disabled all options in the control panels for both 0S9 and 11S, trying to eliminate any possible causes.

Things I have noticed regarding this problem

1) If I load up P3Dv5 to a default airport, and then I load either 11S or 0S9, they will sometimes display correctly. If I then exit P3Dv5, and then run P3Dv5 again, loading up at a default airport, and then load 0S9 or 11S, then they will look like the explosion issue. 

2) If, for example, I load up P3Dv5 to a default airport, and then load up 0S9, and IF it displays correctly, and THEN, I load up 11S, I will get the explosion issue at 11S. This works the other way as well, if I try and do 11S first and then 0S9.

3) Thinking that maybe I ALWAYS needed to go from a default P3D airport to either 11S or 0S9, and then go back to a default airport before going to the other Orbx airport (either 11S or 0S9), I tried that. Still experienced the explosion issue even in this manner.

4) It seems that no matter what I try, I can only get either of these two Orbx airports, 11S and 0S9, to display properly in P3Dv5 10% of the attempts, and then never at the same time as the other one. 

I know Orbx is busy trying to sort out all the support inquires, so I have tried to troubleshoot this problem myself. I just keep failing to solve this one. I am sure others are running these two scenery packages in P3Dv5 HF1 without issue, as I have not really seen anyone else post issues about this airports lately, since the Hotfix came out. I just can't figure it out. 

If anyone can offer some ideas, help or otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss. Here are a few example screenshots of what I see:

QO7FItA.jpg

no0Uuej.jpg

These screenshots are of 0S9, but similar results at 11S

Regards,

Landon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Landon,

I have exactly the same problem. I own 0S9, not 11S. Furthermore PNW, Global trees and houses, fsuipc. This morning I thought I had fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling objectflow. The scenery was fine after that. Now I started up again and the problem is back. Don't know yet what it is. I did the clean install as described by Nick. The order in the scenery seems right. 0S9 on top above PNW. Tomorrow I'll try to find out more. I let you know if I make progress.

Rein

From the Netherlands

I just had a similar issue with Starks Twin Oaks, I believe, There was nothing there at all. I went into the addons menu option, and unticked the box. The Sim refreshed the scenery and I saw the buildings, grass etc. But they were on the Orbx Region textures/Landclass, not the Airport textures. So I went and ticked the box again, sim refreshed again, and all was fine. Except I’ve been getting flashing on the ground, polygons/framework I think.

Don’t know what went wrong, I spent all day re-installing P3D v5 HF1, on a completely reformatted drive. Then re-downloading/installing all my Orbx Products. I’ll keep a check on it.

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Landon

I was only able to get these two airports to work if I installed them inside the simulator root folder. They would not work when I initially installed them to an external library.

Let's ask @Misha Cajic

Doug, sounds good...for what it's worth, I tried installing them both inside and outside, in a library, and no success for me either way. I should have included that in my initial post. I just had tried so many things before starting this post, that I forgot some of them. Anyhow, lets see what Misha has to say.

Thanks,

Landon

6 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi guys,

Looks like alphas on the GP work differently in v5. And there's something not right with the ObjectFlow either. Will take a look at this over the coming days.

Cheers

That is great to hear Misha (that you have figured out the potential cause and fix) , thank you for looking into this. :) 

That's odd, I verified objectflow and it seems to be fine at other airports. Not sure what causes it, but other than that I am very happy with P3D v5 and the small issues will ultimately get resolved.

Thanks Nick, not really, I am just puzzled that the buildings are only missing at Sekiu in my case, everything else, the house on the hill, the prison, the harbour etc., is all in place. The guy repairing the plane, and the animals on the runway seem all to be gone. I just verified my installed files, and it did not help. Hopefully, you o Misha can have a look in the coming days, or does it look fine already at 11S in your setup?

@Nick Cooper it may look like a similar issue, but did you notice the runway in my first shot of the one's above? It's more than just the trees. And further, I've never even heard of the auto configuration manager, so I don't know how I would have deleted it? I don't have any third party scenery installed besides Orbx, and no third party aircraft even installed yet. I have run verify files and sync simulator more times than I can count. 

I don't know, this problem is all very new to me....I've NEVER had these kinds of problems with Orbx scenery in any prior version of P3D or FSX. Maybe it's the same issue Nick, as the one you referred to above, but I believe it might be a different one, based on the runway textures are all messed as well. But, I am not the expert. If you guys can tell me what to try, I will. I just don't know who else to ask as this is only affecting my Orbx scenery, as I have no others. In fact, I haven't even purchased a non-Orbx scenery since my FSX days. 

Regards,

Landon

Hello Landon,

logically, as you have only Orbx scenery and I also have only Orbx scenery, we should see exactly the same, yet I see this:

Normal mode:

2020-5-6_6-51-9-992.jpg

P3D v5 atmosphere beta mode:

2020-5-6_6-51-37-258.jpg

Try as I might, I cannot rid myself of the trees, or the runway surface.

Objectflow disabled

2020-5-6_6-57-34-486.jpg

which remains whatever I do.

Objectflow disabled, all sliders to the left

2020-5-6_6-59-57-321.jpg

I can make the runway look similar to yours by reducing the texture setting to 256 x256 and by reducing texture filtering to anisotropic x2.

2020-5-6_7-10-32-354.jpg

This leaves the inescapable conclusion that although we may both have the same files, there is a major difference between our configurations.

I don't have SimStarter, so at this point, I am at a severe disadvantage when trying to replicate what might be happening.

Is it capable of resetting your P3D v5 settings and reducing the levels to those in my last screenshot?

Perhaps it might help if you were to attach current copies of your scenery.cfg file, your add-ons.cfg file and your scenery_add-ons.xml file.

Thanks.

Hello Landon,

I believe that I have almost managed to replicate your first image.

Yours:

rK6uHbK.jpg

Mine, the difference, I have no trees in the distance, because I have turned them all off. Yours are only excluded around the airport.

My guess for that remains corrupt autogen descriptions.

2020-5-6_7-20-24-184.jpg

The setting required to achieve this:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Good morning gentlemen. Just wanted to share some good news... I verified the OF, which didn't help as there only was one in my P3D v5 folder, but then realised that I had forgotten to get my scenery library sorted. Setting it like I have in P3D v4 did the trick. All buildings are back, and Sekiu looks amazing again.  

vA1X7cf.png

1SnnX9P.png

Oz1aqWR.png

COqTXa7.png

@Nick Cooper and @Misha Cajic  as you can hopefully see, although I am not sure as these screenshots are in 4k and I don't know how to make them bigger, my settings are not the culprit, as far as I can tell. And yes, I have PNW installed and mesh set at 5m. If my resolution settings were somehow low, would I not see issues at other Orbx airfields?  I know this is a strange problem, but it is a very bothersome one.

I've just put myself at 0S9 as in the ORIGINAL POSTERS post, I see exactly what he sees. No building, trees, people flow etc.

If I go to the options/addons menu in the sim, it brings up the list of Orbx addons (my Orbx scenery is in G:\Lockheed Martin\Orbx Library\p3dv5), and in that list everything has a tick mark.

It looks like the first picture.

If I then UN-tick the 0S9 box, I get the second picture. If I then go back and RE-tick the 0S9 box, I get the airport as it should be, third picture.

After closing the sim, and restarting back in 0S9 I go back to the first picture again. I have noticed similar behaviour at 7S3 Starks Twin Oaks. So I'm assuming it has something to do the way Orbx Central has setup the order of the scenery files. I honestly am at a loss as to how I repair this, but I will keep looking.

2020-5-7_13-43-28-752.jpg

2020-5-7_13-45-21-259.jpg

2020-5-7_13-47-17-866.jpg

On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 AM, BrianV said:

Good morning gentlemen. Just wanted to share some good news... I verified the OF, which didn't help as there only was one in my P3D v5 folder, but then realised that I had forgotten to get my scenery library sorted. Setting it like I have in P3D v4 did the trick. All buildings are back, and Sekiu looks amazing again.  

In broad terms where is Sekiu now in your library structure?

Below??, but above ??

TTM

5 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Hi TTM, I have Orbx airports and regions set below "Iwakuni" in Orbx Central. After that I clicked "syns simulator" and when opening P3D v5 everything was working correctly.

Did running Sync Simulator change the positioning in the Library that you had before you ran SS? ie, Orbx Airports & Regions below Iwakuni.

TTM

Hello all, I'm having similar issues that I posted here before I was directed to this thread (thank you Doug). 

Following through this thread I verified the Objectflow and Libraries then I reinstalled 0S9 into the simulator directory and moved it to the top of the scenery priority.  This made the sim look like this, different but still not fully functioning:

2020-5-10_11-8-16-63.thumb.jpg.80eee093cf9c0f748565659c5fac1b4b.jpg

I restarted the simulator and reloaded into 0S9 and things were back to the previous issue state that they were in...a bit of a head scratcher here:

2020-5-10_11-16-42-9.thumb.jpg.f6d59da0da418b9dc845c05ee88520b0.jpg

I too am experiencing the disappearing features at 0S9 and I have been through the same routines as those described on May 3 by Sniper31. I have the added aggravation of a CTD either as the scenery loads or very shortly after lifting off. Sometimes I make it to Discovery Bay but mostly it happens just a few seconds after take off. I have tried removing all third party scenery, though not third part aircraft. I have tried both with and without these third party extras including installation and un-installation of AICarriers. All to no avail. As it stands my only recourse appears to be to remove 0S9 completely. Tried dumbing down settings to lower settings (normal rather than dense or higher) reduced draw distances. Nothing seems to affect how 0S9 displays or the CTD.

Hello,

I have not had a problem with 11S but have seen the missing autogen around 09S.

This seems to be solved by a reinstallation of 09S.

It looks a lot better with some weather, now that Active Sky is back.

2020-5-14_12-29-50-34.jpg

Objectflow has now been updated to version 3.0.3 and there should be no more CTDs at either of these two.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have not had a problem with 11S but have seen the missing autogen around 09S.

This seems to be solved by a reinstallation of 09S.

It looks a lot better with some weather, now that Active Sky is back.

2020-5-14_12-29-50-34.jpg

Objectflow has now been updated to version 3.0.3 and there should be no more CTDs at either of these two.

This is encouraging news Nick, I will keep my head up for that Object Flow update and download as soon as I see it. Thanks for the update!

Landon

Archived