Need elevation repair tool

I think Orbx continues to develop or migrate the elevation repair tools in Vector to solve the problem of texture loss and invisible walls in P3Dv5. This problem occurs frequently after installing Orbx products and may occur at airports around the world.

Hi there,

the issue with the invisible walls is a known bug in P3D v5 and is going to be fixed by Lockheed Martin in an upcoming hotfix: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137373

Not sure what "texture loss" is meant to describe, can you be more specific please?

johnfol, what specifically is the problem at EHAM? I just checked with openLC Europe and TrueEarth Netherlands and didn't notice any visual issues with either.

Cheers, Holger

Well Holger I have problems with some airports like Ksea and Eham( level differences) and it all started when I installed Orbx products.Dont understand me wrong I love your software

I think it is one the best but this stupid effect it has with some third party software is annoying. IN prepar3dv4 we could solve this problem with Vector but now it starts all over again.

Hope you guys can find a solution for this. Regards John Folkeringa Belgium

2020-4-30_12-31-33-248.jpg

2020-4-30_12-33-24-423.jpg

I have similar problem and I just started to add Orbx to P3DV5. I really hope this gets better because I was having all kinds of issues with P3DV4. KSEA has the same problem at the end of runway 34R and there are water problems showing as well. I haven't installed nothing other than Base Pack and LC North America.

KSEA problem 2.png

Hi there,

johnfol, if you're using FlyTampa EHAM along with TrueEarth Netherlands then the same compatibility steps have to be followed as for v4; see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153573-netherlands-trueearth-ft-eham/?do=findComment&comment=1353622 .

perohijo, both of the issue you describe are unrelated to Orbx: the hole at KSEA off RW 34R is a bug with the default airport and known to Lockheed Martin: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136936 . As an aside, people with FTX Pacific Northwest installed won't have that problem; see my screenshot below.

I can't reproduce the "mottled" water but I've seen reports of this before, also with P3Dv4. It's something to do with the water reflection settings, possible related to autogen trees. Try different water reflection options; you can do so in pause or slew mode to directly compare the results.

FYI, you may want to uncheck the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" checkbox in your World > Scenery Objects menu (requires restarting the sim to take effect). That will get rid of the fluorescent green trees in your screenshots and also increase autogen tree density (unless you really prefer the 3D Speedtree models).

A general tip: assuming you're installing Orbx products in a separate library it's very easy to deactivate them with a single click on their checkbox in the "Options > Add-ons" menu of P3D (not "Scenery Library"). Doing so will completely deactivate all of their components, even during a flight, and thus it's an easy method to check whether a given issue is actually due to a specific product.

Cheers, Holger

FTX PNW - above KSEA facing W in P3Dv5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello Holger,

I have the same problem that johnfol identified in his post above, but with several FSDreamTeam airports. Like he mentioned, I had the exact issue in v4, but used to just adjust using the Airport Elevation Correction function in Vector but it is no longer an option with the new version for P3D v5. What can I do to solve this issue in v5? I love Orbx products, but it is annoying that when I install them, I no longer can adjust the airport elevation and basically land in a ditch for a runway when I get to the end of a 3 hour flight. Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

actually, Vector's "airport elevation corrections" didn't really correct anything, they simply removed Vector's own version of the selected airport(s) to avoid compatibility issues with third-party airports. Since Vector in v5 doesn't include airports of its own anymore, adjusted or otherwise, any visual conflict now is between the default airports and your add-on, or more than one add-on airport active at the same time.

With P3D v5 Lockheed Martin fixed the long-standing bug that prevented different airport reference altitudes from being influenced by relative position in the scenery library. Now, the add-on with highest priority will have its reference altitude used, as intended. If the airport doesn't display correctly then its local flatten polygons are somehow suppressed or overwritten. Make sure that no other add-on sits at higher display priority that might exclude or overwrite those files.

Cheers, Holger

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I've noticed also this evening many airport elevation issues in Europe and North America. Lastest I've seen was KPAE (Paine) included in Drzewiecki Design's Seattle Airports X v1.4 add-on. No issue prior to install Orbx Global Base Pack + Orbx Vector Prepar3D v5 + OpenLC North America (+ OpenLC Europe & AU Australia v2).

I'm surprised they're no tool to "exclude" airports, for Prepar3D v5.x

Cheers,

Dominique Camus

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are no airport elevation adjustment files and therefore there is no need to exclude them.

Hello Nick, for now sorry I can't provide screen capture because I'm in (long haul) flight!

But I report similar problem with KPAE than mentioned by johnfol and perohijo screenshots. I don't have tested all of mine 3rd party (non Orbx) airports, either in Europe and North America.

Perhaps I'll must to change scenery priorities (by using Lorby), in order to place 3rd party airports over Orbx vector?

Be sure Nick I'm not a "liar", so I'll provide screen capture ASAP (probably tomorrow).

Regards, Dominique.

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Vector must be below Africa.

If you have placed it over any addon airports, it is likely that this could be the problem for you.

Ok thanks Nick, I'll try ASAP, but it's not explained clearly in PDF manuals.

Layers are as installed by Orbx Central application. As you can see, I moved FlyTampa Sydney V2 (at least over FTXAUv2) for same reason.

image.png.afad2683928b33f525c56ba9ecc59dfe.png

Regards.

Archived