nisyros island greece

Peter w

Hi,

Vector causes this canyon at the southern part of the vulcanic island nisyros. anyone can confirm this? or maybe there is a way to fix it? No matter if FS Global is activated or deactivated.

(FSX)

best regards, Peter

2020-4-29_11-21-54-53rek1k.png

Here are files that fix that canyon - note that I wasn't able to remove a shoreline element that still persists at the eastern end of where the canyon was, so you'll see wave effects on the land there.  Overall it's a significant improvement, however.

This also reminded me of a similar trench I had found a long time ago which crosses 3 islands in Fiji; I've included those as well (0037, 0038, 9537 and 9538).  Unfortunately, there is such a trench along the entire 180 degree line of longitude - also crossing portions of Russia (Chukotka) and Antarctica.  I don't have any intent of fixing the whole thing, but at least the part with the most proximate airports is fixed.

These can be placed anywhere in the scenery library above Vector.  This also assumes you don't use my Vector Misfit Airport fixes.  If you do, it is not necessary to install the files named "xxxxA_SBX_CMS.bgl"

scenery.zip

Archived