Just a little Tip...

Stillwater

From Overberg AB it is not too far ...

dhzb2iC.jpg

... to Cape Agulhas. Which is actually the souther tip of the continent, Antarctica is to the far right of this picture.

1L8Qc94.jpg

We just follow the coast to Hermanus, the "whale watching capital" of South Africa. They say it is the best land-based place on earth to watch them (a good idea for those who easily get seasick!).

zr5YjBQ.jpg

2wVNkji.jpg

The more famous cape has been brilliantly photo-upgraded in OpenLC: The Cape of Good Hope.

ArZQENW.jpg

This area alone would justify the price of OLC, in my eyes.

FwjOsGa.jpg

7Nu32vf.jpg

Boulders, a popular tourist spot because of a colony of African penguins which settled there in 1982. These African penguins are are currently on the verge of extinction and only found on the coastlines of Southern Africa. Although set in the midst of a residential area, it is one of the few sites where this bird can be observed at close range, wandering freely in a protected natural environment.

bICgLGt.jpg

Cape Towns Table Mountain, seen from the uncommon "back"side, ...

pknH51Z.jpg

... and a view from its top over the city. A little cityscape would be worth some pennies, I feel.

CK1srcK.jpg

Robben Island, nowadays a major historical side just off Cape Towns harbour. It was fortified and used as a prison from the late 17th century to 1996. Many of its prisoners were political. Nelson Mandela was imprisoned there for 18 of the 27 years of imprisonment. In addition, two other former inmates of Robben Island have been elected as President of South Africa since the late 1990s: Kgalema Motlanthe and Jacob Zuma.

Qs9u8BW.jpg

On base to FACT airport we get the classical view of the Table Mountain. Perfect preparation for future travels!
WithJnP.jpg

7 hours ago, boetie said:

Superb Gerold!

Cheers 

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. Just another part of Geography lesson...

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Gorgeous set of shots Gerold! :)

My pleasure, Adam...!

3 hours ago, Hauer said:

Excellent series, Gerold.

Herman :rolleyes:

Thanks for commenting, Herman.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fabulous shots Gerold!  This mountainous terrain is so sharp and detailed.

Yes indeed it is. As I said, this area is marvelous, and the difference to default p3d is gigantic.

2 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Continuation of another great SA shots.

Well done Gerold.

I guess the tip should be trip ;)

Thank you Eberhard. I really meant tip, because of Africa´s southern tip being Agulhas. Not that someone thinks that would be the Cape of Good Hope...

5 hours ago, TerribleT said:

You continue to show, in the best possible way, what a marvelous variety there is in South Africa both in reality and the virtuality that OLC Africa has given us.

Wow, what a compliment, TT - for my tour and the scenery. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, thanks for a trip we normally would not think to take. Fascinating!

Thanks Rodger. This one is not that far off from the classical South African tourist routes - the continent is so big...

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Red-Hot flying adventure here!

Thank you Erik!

Very interesting post. You show us extremely beautiful pictures and entertain us with all this valuable information.

I agree, OpenLC Africa is, in fact, ridiculously cheap given the size of the continent. Compare that to other products that offer so little!

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very interesting post. You show us extremely beautiful pictures and entertain us with all this valuable information.

Thank you Lars! And you can reach that continent from EDDL with a short & direct hop with your favourite plane!

Archived