Airports Updated in P3Dv5 but not in Orbx

Well now we have another problem. I'm using CYYC as an example. For years we  complained about airports being decades out of date in P3D.

LM has now updated stock airports in P3Dv5 and  have include both parallel runways i..e. 17R/L and 35R/L, in CYYC. So now we install our FTX NA and we 

are back to the old airport with 16/34 and no parallel runway. To update the airport again I must disable 'ADE_FTX_NRM_CYYC_Calgary_Intl.BGL' 

and ADE_FTX_NRM_CYYC_Calgary_Intl_CVX.bgl' files. Probable should also disable 'FTX_NRM_objects_CYYC_PLC.bgl too'. 

I now hope Orbx is going to update their airports scenery to be compatible with P3Dv5.  The above is only one airport.

Robert

Hello Robert,

I am not sure what Orbx are going to do, there will be hundreds of these airports and

I cannot speak for the developers.

Can you tell me if the new default fits into the NRM region as well as the Orbx version does?

If so, perhaps all the Orbx airports could be disabled?

Thanks.

In time, I expect that there will be a solution to this.

Here are today's choices, neither are ideal.

Orbx with the default disabled, looks good but the other airports in the disabled bgl are missing.

2020-4-25_8-26-23-461.jpg

2020-4-25_8-33-12-317.jpg

[REGIONS + SOME AIRPORTS] Because all default airports have been made new and thus buildings, structures, and objects shifted around, it's likely that any third-party add-on that doesn't include an airport-wide object exclusion will now display duplicate or overlapping objects.

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, rwcatherall said:

I now hope Orbx is going to update their airports scenery to be compatible with P3Dv5.  The above is only one airport. Robert

Problem is not only with v5 but v4 with anyone who uses updated Navigraph and fsAerodata

Archived