Pilot Plus EGGD Bristol coming to P3Dv4 & v5!

We are pleased to announce Pilot Plus' arrival in the P3D scene with the their successful Bristol International Airport which was originally published for X-Plane 11.

Bristol was a significant airport for the Pilot Plus team, and marked the beginning of their Definitive range. Definitive products are Pilot Plus' most bespoke and intricate environments, providing an unrivalled simulation experience with no compromise.

Ranked as the 9th busiest airport in the UK in 2018, Bristol International Airport (EGGD) is situated in North Somerset and serves the city of Bristol and the surrounding area. With Easyjet and Ryanair operating out of EGGD, the airport serves nearly 9 million passengers every year flying to many destinations in Europe.

Features:

Pilot Plus Definitive replication of Bristol International
Adaptive seasonal vegetation
Detailed texturing and PBR
High fidelity ground with crisp surrounding Ortho-imagery at 12.5cm per pixel
Atmospheric and dynamic night environment
Detailed and accurate 3D models with raytraced occlusion and reflections
Authentic taxi signs and lighting
Perfectly blends with Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South

Expect to see a release very soon!

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

• Ed Correia changed the title to EGGD Bristol by Pilot Plus coming to P3Dv4 & v5!

Having already bought the UK2000 Bristol 2020, this doesn't look that much of a step up to want to change over.  The building interior lighting at night isn't doing it for me at all.

Rare that I say this about a UK airport but not one I'll be purchasing I'm afraid based on these screenshots...

I did 'not want to be harsh, especially because i was the first to comment.

If you take a look closer to the pictures, they unveil very fine details but i would have liked at least one terminal with inside modeling.

Maybe the developer should publish another round of pictures with all the surroundings. I remind of UK2*** scenery with a lot of parking slots.

We did'not see neither shots of General aviation installations.

I am shure Iain can do magic

Dom

I'm sorry to say that this isn't Orbx quality. The textures appear lifeless and worse still, poorly defined - blurry even.

If you look at the entire comments section, I'm not the only one to think that:
https://fselite.net/news/pilot-plus-Orbx-officially-showcases-bristol-airport-eggd-for-prepar3d/#comment-4885192204

An Orbx-related airport in the UK should be a guaranteed purchase for me. Sadly, it's a hard pass instead.

• Ben McClintock changed the title to Pilot Plus EGGD Bristol coming to P3Dv4 & v5!
  • Ed Correia unfeatured this topic
On 4/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, reecemj said:

Better than default! Right.

It is a heck of a lot better than default!  I only get airports that are designed from the start  to be fully compatible with Orbx regions and/or TrueEarth.  As a result, I only have the default EGGD in TrueEarth.  I have done scenery development and really appreciate the time that has been put into developing this very nice EGGD scenery addon to be fully compatible with Orbx.  Could it have more eye candy....probably... but It will be a day one purchase for me.

Rod  

I've just purchased this new Bristol scenery. Although it looks very nice I have to say that framerates are unacceptable. I got framerates nearly like in simwings Heathrow!! And when I look at the scenery bgls it doesn't surprises me. The bgls for the cars, lights, fences and so on are much to big. This scenery isn't optimised at all. And at the moment it's unplayable. So please optimise the scenery! Maybe it works in xplane but not in P3dV5.

Bernhard

12 minutes ago, BernhardS said:

I've just purchased this new Bristol scenery. Although it looks very nice I have to say that framerates are unacceptable. I got framerates nearly like in simwings Heathrow!! And when I look at the scenery bgls it doesn't surprises me. The bgls for the cars, lights, fences and so on are much to big. This scenery isn't optimised at all. And at the moment it's unplayable. So please optimise the scenery! Maybe it works in xplane but not in P3dV5.

Bernhard

I have no performance problems at this airport, and my system is mid range.  Can you provide more details?  Sysytem specs, P3D settings etc?

John, I cannot believe that you have no problems here. When I look at the bgls:

5 bgls with cars ranging from 14 to 33 MB each!!!

1 bgl lights with 112 MB!!!

1 bgl fences with 50MB!!!

1 bgl misc_airside with 179MB!!!

1 bgl taxilighting with 102MB!!!

And lots of 4K textures.

The size of some Orbx scenery folders (without orthos):

EGGD: 689 MB!!!

ESGG: 133 MB

EGHI: 13 MB

ESSA: 142 MB

Fianlly simwings EGLL: 166MB

Sorry, but this airport is much too much detailed. Many small objects are  modeled for a personal shooter but not for a flight simulator.

i7-8700/4.2GHz/16GB, GTX 1080Ti/12GB, Win10, P3DV5HF1. P3D settings mid to far right.

Bernhard

• 2 weeks later...

I will echo what has already been said about this product. I already have UK2000v2, which is pretty good, but falls short of the kind of quality I have come to expect with Orbx airports. Because of this, proably amiss of me, but I didn't even question the product and went straight in and purchased it yesterday. I am very disappointed. The place has no atmosphere, with no object flow (unless I have missed something) No moving vehicles or baggage handlers. The edge of the airport can clearly be seen as it very poorly joins the surrounding scenery to the south of the area. I have yet to tweak my shaders, but the scenery is supposed to match both TrueEarth England and EU England, well it doesn't do a very good job IMO. Lack of realistic windows on the terminals is also poor. Overall, this is one of the very few airports that I have purchased that I am disappointed with , and I have purchsed more than 100 sceneries from Orbx. I have yet to check out performance in the NGX, but I hope, as this is my local airport, that it does not reflect some of the concerns and comments posted in this thread.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Due to the amount of PBR and detailing over the large area it is a difficult balance between including object flow and FPS. 

The airport blends with TrueEarth and will 'sit' in the environment, it does not currently blend with EU England.

The terminal windows are reflective and are balanced to show the 3D interior included, the images above in this thread are from the initial announcement (which was WIP).

Pilot Plus.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, Pilot Plus said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Due to the amount of PBR and detailing over the large area it is a difficult balance between including object flow and FPS. 

The airport blends with TrueEarth and will 'sit' in the environment, it does not currently blend with EU England.

The terminal windows are reflective and are balanced to show the 3D interior included, the images above in this thread are from the initial announcement (which was WIP).

Pilot Plus.

it does not currently blend with EU England??  Sorry, then that should be made obvious on the product page. I find that a crazy situation for Orbx to be selling an airport that doesn't blend with one of it's it's own premier products.

It's not too bad in EU England:

Standard approach:

Bristol1.thumb.jpg.324e13deacd1b98c4e3e8745ac38b770.jpg

Normal circuit view form the side:

Bristol2.thumb.jpg.f3988f70a73c13a89fefc07e4d8b1260.jpg

If you go and sit directly over the scenery and look down the green of the scenery is a bit brighter than the surrounding countryside but with a typical English weather set it's really not that bad:

Bristol3.thumb.jpg.92857359df7bc88b146e42f3c387861a.jpg

Yes agree, definitively isn't bad at all with FTX England and this is completely acceptable from my side, not big differences are noted (i'm very precise when we are talking of airport surroundings texture blending) 

On 6/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, rockliffe said:

it does not currently blend with EU England??  Sorry, then that should be made obvious on the product page. I find that a crazy situation for Orbx to be selling an airport that doesn't blend with one of it's it's own premier products.

To be fair, nowhere does it state that the scenery offers seasonal ground imagery. However, I do agree with you that scenery sold at Orbx should indeed be made to blend into their global products as well as FTX regions if available. Lucky for me I did ask the developer before buying, and they replied immediately to state that it doesn't support seasons. So I'm sticking with UK2000.

In any case, far worse is the fact that Orbx EGPH is STILL being sold as "Designed to blend in with EU Scotland", when in fact it does not blend in at all in Winter and part of Spring season. So this is basically false advertising by Gaya, but 8 months after release I am not hopeful that they will ever deliver what they have promised :(

I'd hope that at one point Orbx makes it a design standard across their entire P3D line-up to always match seasons / colours with at least FTX Global / OpenLC, internal as well as external developers. It would complement those fantastic global products very nicely.

Even though the thread related for Bristol ill answer for EGPH:

EGPH (and few more airports) is developed by Gaya for Orbx according and following Orbx demand (unlike Vienna, Kos, the coming Berlin Tegel and more). 

Like any other work-order Gaya developed by the client demand and tests and according the features the client looking for (each client with it's own needs, deadlines and the elements they want or doesn't want). 

I hope it will assist you understand better the situation.

The same apply also for EGNX, KEYW, KFAT, LFKX, LFLJ. 

Archived