True Earth Great Britain South Demo

lumbco

I am a new potential customer and have just installed True Earth Great Britain South  Demo. I use Xplane 11.

Received error message that 1086 files failed to extract and 14 files failed to convert.

Tried 'verify files' a number of times, it just changed the failed numbers.

I have not bought anything yet, is this significant?

7 hours ago, lumbco said:

I am a new potential customer and have just installed True Earth Great Britain South  Demo. I use Xplane 11.

Received error message that 1086 files failed to extract and 14 files failed to convert.

Tried 'verify files' a number of times, it just changed the failed numbers.

I have not bought anything yet, is this significant?

How and where did you install the addon? In the XP directory or a new created library?

Also what fee disk space is on your C drive where the download will go?

Attach your XP Log for review please

16 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

How and where did you install the addon? In the XP directory or a new created library?

Also what fee disk space is on your C drive where the download will go?

Attach your XP Log for review please

2 hours ago, lumbco said:

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your very swift response, apologies for my tardy reply as I had not expected such a swift reply due to the time difference.

My system is Windows 10 v1909, c: drive is 250GB SSD with 180GB free. I installed a second 250GB SSD for the flight simulator, drive g: with 210GB free.

I installed the demo scenery in the g: drive and received the warnings about failed extractions and conversions. I uninstalled and then re-installed using all the recommended defaults but still received the error message.

Is the XP log the same as the Orbx Central log? I tried to attach my 13.8MB Orbx central log but was warned that the maximum loadable is 7.95MB. I have deleted what I believe to be the second installation from the log to enable me to attach for you hopefully the log of the first installation.

central.log

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

before I do, Orbx Central is trying to install to G:\X-Plane 11 but is reporting that it is not there.

Where is X Plane 11 installed please.

Dear Nick,

Screen shots 'capture 1' and 'capture 2' show the disposition of the folders in my g: drive, XP11 is located at g;/X-Plane 11.

The screen shot 'capture 3' shows that a folder labelled Orbx  Library has been placed in the User folder of the c: drive. Perhaps it is bad practice to place X-Plane in a separate drive?

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Hello,

your log is full of this type of message:

Unable to create directory G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Demo_TrueEarth_Custom\objects\Misc

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Demo_TrueEarth_Custom\objects\portsmouth'.

which is suggesting to me that the demo is not being installed into your Orbx Library

and that there is something stopping the files from being created.

I would agree that the C drive is not a good place to have the library but it seems that it is not in use.

It is also not necessarily a good place to have the installation take place, so you could change the location on the Downloader\Temporary Files page.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

your log is full of this type of message:

which is suggesting to me that the demo is not being installed into your Orbx Library

and that there is something stopping the files from being created.

I would agree that the C drive is not a good place to have the library but it seems that it is not in use.

It is also not necessarily a good place to have the installation take place, so you could change the location on the Downloader\Temporary Files page.

Dear Nick,

Looks like my disc drive settup is not satisfactory,  would it be better to abandon the g: drive and can you please advise me how to optimise the configuration?

Regards,

Brian Lumb

Dear Nick, I have not head from you since last Friday, did you receive my reply to your question about free space?

I have decided to abandon trying to install X-Plane and the scenery demo to a separate drive. I have now installed them on the c: drive but I still get the same error with the following sequence:

install in X-Plane folder produces error message "316 files failed to convert"

clicked VERIFY to resolve issues

received same error message "316 files failed to convert"

clicked "MIGRATE  TO LIBRARY"

blue box labelled "MAIN LIBRARY", clicked on this and received error message " LIBRARY PATH DOES NOT EXIST"

What should I do?

Attach your Orbx Central file and we can let the Orbx central folks sort out what is going wrong.

I would NOT recommend you having either XPlane nor the addon on C drive. It is your OS drive and requires all kind of permissions etc . Your G drive is where you need to install XP and also install the TEGB demo directly into your XP directory.

17 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Attach your Orbx Central file and we can let the Orbx central folks sort out what is going wrong.

I would NOT recommend you having either XPlane nor the addon on C drive. It is your OS drive and requires all kind of permissions etc . Your G drive is where you need to install XP and also install the TEGB demo directly into your XP directory.

Thanks for coming back to me Jon.

I will take your advice and uninstall X-Plane and the TE Great Britain South demo from the c: drive and install them on the g: drive once the Orbx Central file has been analysed.

Orbx Central file attached.

Regards, Brian Lumb

central.log

Hello Brian,

the errors are mainly of this type:

2020-04-22T09:41:06.560Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Unable to create directory G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Demo_TrueEarth_Custom\objects\portsmouth
2020-04-22T09:41:06.560Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Demo_TrueEarth_Custom\objects\portsmouth'.

I'll move this to the Orbx Central support forum.

Hello Nick, I reported my problem with the Great Britain South demo 19 days ago, it was referred back to Orbx Central 11 days ago and is still not resolved.

I am very keen to get the scenery working as Orbx is the only developer offering detailed scenery for Popham airfield EGHP, where I used to fly a biplane microlight. It would be marvellous to recreate some of those flights.

I have downloaded the Orbx Central user guide and on page 28 there is a reference to Windows 10 requiring three components to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (x64)

Could this be the problem?

I followed the Visual Studio 2015 link to the Microsoft download page and found that two files are offered in the package, namely vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe. Do I need to install both?

There are similar multiple choices for the other two components and I am worried about damaging my installation if I install the wrong file.

Brian Lumb

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @lumbco

From inspecting the log file my intuition suggests that the're's an issue with the G:\ drive which is preventing folders or files from being created on it. It seems that Orbx Central doesn't have permission to write to the drive or the G:\X-Plane 11\. Does this folder exist? G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\

I see you've created a folder called Orbx Library on your C:\ drive but every installation in the log file has been into the simulator(not a library install) with the path of the sim G:\X-Plane 11

To rule out if the G:\ drive itself is the cause of the problems can you perform a library installation into the library on your c:\ drive? After having done so, can you attach your log file again.

Let me know if you run into any issues with this.

Dear Josh, thank you for looking at my problem.

Answering your questions in order:

1. The folder G:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\ does exist, screenshot attached.

2. I uninstalled the existing TE Great Britain South demo from the Orbx library in the C:\ drive. I then re-installed it and received the error message "316 files failed to convert". I tried "Verify" but received the same message.

3. I have attached the X-Plane 11 log file.

Brian Lumb

G Drive.PNG

Log.txt

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Brian,

Can you attach your central.log file after performing the 'verify files' as well as a screenshot of the Settings -> Libraries page.

Hello Nick,

I'm not sure what software you are referring to, is it the Visual C++ files referred to in post number 18?

I don't know what Visual C++ is or why it should also be required, am afraid of crashing my PC by downloading the wrong files.

Brian Lumb

Thanks Nick, you were absolutely right about the Visual C++ files.

I installed them and they cured everything. Since then I have deleted the demo and bought the full GB South package together with Popham and Old Warden airfields.

Thanks for your help.

Brian Lumb

Archived