Who has been in Lesotho before?

Stillwater

Johannesburg is well known to many of us, and some have even been there.

I8EWpGU.jpg

We fly south today, across a village named Bethlehem, ...

W8tEEW1.jpg

... and reach the border of Lesotho at Leribe.

C9I9hLq.jpg

Hlotse, one of the bigger settlements of the country.

uXczFfk.jpg

The roads wind up to Lejone. Lesotho is the country where the lowest point of its area is the highest low point of all countries in the world.

Etz75VU.jpg

Tlokoeng. Another place unknown to me before this scenery was released.

mHfyNx4.jpg

And now descending into Mokhotlong. A place with some touristic interest. And with the obvious tree placed nicely in front of the runway.

KU42EnC.jpg

This could be a Kokoda-like location with its mountaneous surrounding...

pYg6iQm.jpg

Nice and interesting series... well done, Gerold!

Lesotho = The Mountain Kingdom.  Actually never been there but I remember enjoying a sumptuous " Farmer's Breakfast " at Bethlehem en-route by car to Durban.

Herman :)

Great pictures

"Lesotho is the country where the lowest point of its area is the highest low point of all countries in the world." - that's interesting, higher than the lowest point in Nepal?

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Excellent series Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool tour!

My pleasure, Jack. At least it was cool enough not to overheat the (sensitive) engines.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - :):)

Thanks John!

6 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Another great series of my backyard.

Unfortunately I have not been there.

Thank you Eberhard. Just a short way to travel for you, maybe you´ll find the time someday...

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A place I will never ever go to Gerold but your tour is the next best thing.

Wonderful images and commentary from Africa.

Thanks Martyn. These days it becomes more and more hard to imagine going to remote places - when one can´t even travel to non-remote places! Let´s stick to virtual travels and see wot cums.

7 hours ago, Hauer said:

Nice and interesting series... well done, Gerold!

Lesotho = The Mountain Kingdom.  Actually never been there but I remember enjoying a sumptuous " Farmer's Breakfast " at Bethlehem en-route by car to Durban.

Herman :)

Thank you Herman. Is this really the meaning of the word Lesotho? Would be an explanation.

I am sure that Farmer did not only have potatoes and milk for breakfast...

3 hours ago, Ian St said:

Great pictures

"Lesotho is the country where the lowest point of its area is the highest low point of all countries in the world." - that's interesting, higher than the lowest point in Nepal?

Thanks Ian. To my surprise this is what wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesotho says: "It is the only independent state in the world that lies entirely above 1,000 metres (3,281 ft) in elevation. Its lowest point of 1,400 metres (4,593 ft) is thus the highest lowest point of any country in the world. Over 80 percent of the country lies above 1,800 metres (5,906 ft). " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elevation_extremes_by_country 

I suspect that Bhutan and Nepal do have some lowland areas near the southern rivers. But we´ll see once OLC Asia is ready!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoying your tour Gerold, great shots.

Thank you John!

4 hours ago, schtroumf said:

:othe livery is superb

Thanks Olivier.

4 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

you are right. I like this too.

Gerold, where is this availble? I guess it is for the Aerosoft Twin Otter?

Yes this is the Aerosoft one. It is 12.7 MB, maybe the link below does not work due to the size. But I am sure with "nature air" and "ti-bbq" you´ll find it.

DHC6_300_WHEEL_NATURE_AIR_TI-BBQ.zip

Hi Gerold im from SA been to Lesotho a couple of times,it has beautiful scenery situated in the Drakensburg mountains bordering Kwazulu-Natal.

thats why its called kingdom in the sky.:)

btw cool shots, i cant wait to test Orbx in p3dv5

8 hours ago, timma said:

Hi Gerold im from SA been to Lesotho a couple of times,it has beautiful scenery situated in the Drakensburg mountains bordering Kwazulu-Natal.

thats why its called kingdom in the sky.:)

btw cool shots, i cant wait to test Orbx in p3dv5

Here we have the first one who has the priviledge to compare the scenery to reality! A kingdom where not many of us travel to - especially not nowadays. Enjoy flying there in v5...!

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

:) 

great trip Gerold ... and will be great nextly with animals ... O0

Thanks Jean Marc. I have downloaded the pack but I see it will take some time to install and configure? In a few days...

Archived