Have decals been removed from TEGB?

booga2

Hi. I don't know if you are using an x plane beta but I noticed (after I installed beta 4) that some decals were missing. This may or may not have been as a result of the beta (I simply might not have noticed before).  If this is an issue introduced by the betas, it wont be fixed until the final release of 11.50. Here is what I did to restore the decals every where. I use a free utility from the x plane org called terrain append.....https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47330-terrain-append/. I removed all decals from the TE region by first selecting the remove decals checkbox and then reapplied them by selecting the add decals box. Make sure the correct folder is selected in the left hand pane (as per the screenie). The decal as entered in the box (DECAL_LIB lib/g10/decals/maquify_1_green_key.dcl) is the one used in the UK TE regions. It seems quite complicated but is straightforward and quick. See screenshot below....

image.thumb.png.9ff4b3458ac8aa8221e0ce9d67a3d6a8.png

Edited by jrgorton
Added detail

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using the beta. I've used that tool on TEGB North, and it worked perfectly. The "removed decals" function doesn't work on the other scenery sets, though - I think it's because the decal line is not at the end of the text. I didn't want to just "add decals" to all files because I figured that two decals lines on some files would mess things up. 

• 1 year later...

Hi , I’m on a Mac OS so wondering about how to go about batch adding/ editing these .ter files and adding decals … seems most of the above posts relate to Windows only?

Any Mac users here?

Thanks …