On the road to Jo

Stillwater

Welcome to the next leg of my South Africa tour. A nice view to the Drakensberg mountains after leaving Hoedspruit...

stb1V6p.jpg

... and here we see the entry of the Blyde River Canyon again.

tsx13uF.jpg

The Berlin and Lisbon Falls area...

D8WJTuN.jpg

... and our (planned) accomodation in Graskop.

ap8G1mO.jpg

But today we cross the Long Tom Pass westwards...

zyPcXQK.jpg

... pass Mashishing ...

NwhEpIE.jpg

... and the (hidden) Dullstroom.

NCB6vjJ.jpg

We follow the N4 near Middelburg, ...

eshJsTo.jpg

... and reach the outskirts of Johannesburg.

AWncjnW.jpg

The airport was so awfully depicted that I had to buy a 3rd party product. At the price that I can not post the landing here!

46 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

57 minutes ago, BradB said:

Looking real nice Gerold . :):)

The kudos goes to the scenery. It is really easy to get great views here.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Too bad about Jo.:)

Thanks Karl. Not too bad, it is just no Orbx scenery here, but at least something flyable.

21 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Great landscape pictures, Gerold.

I think that atm, two renditions of Joburg are in the making. Too bad...

Thank you Lars. What means "atm"...? after two microsoft flight simulators? If a better version came out too soon, I´d still check it.

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gerold, you’re a one-man flying geography lesson.  Always great shots and I learn so much.  Thanks.

Oh thank you so much, Jack. This leg was part of our holiday preparation, even though it becomes more unprobable that we could use the knowledge this year...

Just now, Stillwater said:

You mean I should have waited a bit...? I have taken my experience from the Berlin airport, and preferred flying into Tegel... :D

You're probably right not to wait for the BER. You might meet Santa Claus in the process.

Actually, the guy of South World Scenery stated in december that Johannesburg was about to launch at the end of january. Well...

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Great set of views Gerold, well done! :)

Thank you Adam.

6 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Awesome:o

Merci Olivier!

7 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

You're probably right not to wait for the BER. You might meet Santa Claus in the process.

Actually, the guy of South World Scenery stated in december that Johannesburg was about to launch at the end of january. Well...

January... ok, but which January?

7 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

At least King Shaka International has been released. Looking at the screenshots the details are amazing and very accurate. Cape Town International is also available by the same developer. At least dev's see the need of the African continent. 

Indeed these two airports have begun to close the gap, and that company has already some others on the huge continent. Now imagine some of these (awful) small airports in a quality like all these in Washington state...?

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful tour Gerold and well narrated.

Too bad about your tour, I am in the same boat but it is nothing compared to what some are going through.:(

Thank you Martyn. And you are right, the most important is staying in good health. And we are fortunate enough to keep a relatively normal life (imagine India).

9 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

At least King Shaka International has been released. Looking at the screenshots the details are amazing and very accurate. Cape Town International is also available by the same developer. At least dev's see the need of the African continent. 

Indeed these two airports have begun to close the gap, and that company has already some others on the huge continent. Now imagine some of these (awful) small airports in a quality like all these in Washington state...?

That is indeed so. Lets see, what the Orbx devs come up with. They might surprise us all.

6 hours ago, Hauer said:

Superb!

Herman :)

You are welcome, Herman!

6 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Lets see, what the Orbx devs come up with. They might surprise us all.

Oh that would be so great. Although I would not even know which places would deserve highest priority...

Archived