Object Flow

Hello,

it allows the control of items that change with time and season.

A simple example would be a family barbeque that appears only on Saturdays.

Another might be grass that looks green in summer and white in winter.

Another might be people there when an airport is open and not there when it is closed.

That kind of thing.

Depending on what is being controlled, an airport that uses it can be just missing a few items

or completely unusable without it.

I have installed most of my Orbx scenery into P3d5, having checked against the compatibility list.

Unfortunately I have been experiencing CTDs in P3Dv5 which seem to match others reports which identify ObjectFlow.

On re-checking the compatibility list I see that ObjectFlow is not actually included in that list.

My question here is whether it is okay to uninstall that module, using Orbx Central, and if i do so what do I lose?

I would also hope that I'd get a notification when a compatible update was available -- but would that notification occur if I uninstalled it? Perhaps there's a way of just disabling it instead -- perhaps via AddonManager or the AddOns menu in P3D?

Thanks!

Pete Dowson

Hello Pete,

like any other add-on, it can be deactivated by unticking its entry in the add-ons list and restarting the simulator.

The objectflow module installed by Orbx Central, if opened for P3D v5,  is specifically written for and tested in P3D v5.

I haven't yet seen "others reports which identify ObjectFlow", can you tell us where they can be viewed please?

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Pete,

like any other add-on, it can be deactivated by unticking its entry in the add-ons list and restarting the simulator.

The objectflow module installed by Orbx Central, if opened for P3D v5,  is specifically written for and tested in P3D v5.

I haven't yet seen "others reports which identify ObjectFlow", can you tell us where they can be viewed please?

Hello,

After several tests and reinstall I found that Objectflow crashes P3D5 upon exit. At first I didn't notice the problem until I saw that programs lauched by P3D5 such as Navigraph Simlink are not exiting when P3D5 ends. Then I've found the following error message in Windows log every time P3D5 ends:

Application Error: [1000] Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 5.0.21.34709, horodatage : 0x5e95060d.Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.18362.778, horodatage : 0xafa78a6a.Code d’exception : 0xc0020001.Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000003a799.ID du processus défaillant : 0x3ae4.Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d618eeb439ce51.Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : G:\P3D5\Prepar3D.exe.Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll.ID de rapport : eebdc619-ddfe-4720-85cd-384a728b6ef0.Nom complet du package défaillant : .ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

If I disable Objectflow in addon.cfg file P3D5 exits properly.

Any idea of the problem?

Skip.

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Skip,

it doesn't happen to me.

What happens if you disable Navigraph and Simlink but leave objectflow active?

Hi,

I've just made this test again and same issue. I'm sure I've already made a test with all DLL off including FSUIPC6 with the same result. Only disabling Objectflow causes P3D5 to exit normally.

I've the same addons (and many more) with P3D4 and all is running well.

Skip.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 1:36 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Pete,

Hi Nick,

I use P3Dv4.5, does Object Flow work with this version and any scenery addon, or only Orbx scenery?

On 4/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, Skipy said:

Hi,

I've just made this test again and same issue. I'm sure I've already made a test with all DLL off including FSUIPC6 with the same result. Only disabling Objectflow causes P3D5 to exit normally.

I've the same addons (and many more) with P3D4 and all is running well.

Skip.

Hello,

I can confirm that it happens on my system as well.  I posted on the P3D forums that I wasn't able to fly for more than 20 minutes without the sim crashing, and even if I flew for 10 minutes I was not getting a "clean" exit of the sim.  They asked what areas I was flying in so it prompted me to perform tests.  I noticed it was only happening in my Orbx areas but didn't really notice anyone else experiencing the issue until I ran upon your post.  I disabled object flow just as you suggested and now I am able to fly with no issues of the sim crashing and I get clean exits.

Thanks for sharing your find and I'm sure the fine folks here at Orbx with come up with a solution.

Gary

On 4/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

I cannot replicate this, despite having objectflow installed.

P3D v5 has a few imperfections but it opens and closes as expected.

Hello Nick,

I can concur that the issue Skipy is experiencing has been happening to me as well. I just wanted to pass that information along to you.

Gary

Hellò

I have do a new download (reinstall windows 10 and all the simulator) - Where I found the update of objectflow becoure I have always the KERNELBASE error when close the simulator from an Orbx scenery with Objectflow.

Yhanks

Paolo

• 1 month later...

FWIW, I'm also getting an issue with P3d crashing on startup when ObjectFlow is enabled. Disabling it allows P3d to work normally. This just started happening in the last couple of days. I know there was a library update along with some Orbx airport updates recently, but I'm not sure if any ObjectFlow updates were included in those. There was no specific ObjectFlow update that I saw in Central. 

On 4/22/2020 at 11:51 PM, Skipy said:

Hello,

After several tests and reinstall I found that Objectflow crashes P3D5 upon exit. At first I didn't notice the problem until I saw that programs lauched by P3D5 such as Navigraph Simlink are not exiting when P3D5 ends. Then I've found the following error message in Windows log every time P3D5 ends:

Application Error: [1000] Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 5.0.21.34709, horodatage : 0x5e95060d.Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.18362.778, horodatage : 0xafa78a6a.Code d’exception : 0xc0020001.Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000003a799.ID du processus défaillant : 0x3ae4.Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d618eeb439ce51.Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : G:\P3D5\Prepar3D.exe.Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll.ID de rapport : eebdc619-ddfe-4720-85cd-384a728b6ef0.Nom complet du package défaillant : .ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

If I disable Objectflow in addon.cfg file P3D5 exits properly.

Any idea of the problem?

Skip.

I have a similar problem with P3DV5 HF 2. I was able to trick it also to objectflow.

I have sent a detailed report to Ben McClintock (PM not read - is it in holidays ?).

Let me know if you somebody for the Orbx team needs a copy.

Regards

Gérard

Archived